The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

16 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

LMAO…

Not to defend NYC or LA but I will say conservatives moving to FL, TN, or TX are moving to Tampa (God the escalating housing prices), Miami, Austin, and Nashville. None of these are red cities. So although you can go too far one way they cant be liking conservative policies that much. They ain't moving to Buck snort, TN or the panhandle of FL

29 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Not to defend NYC or LA but I will say conservatives moving to FL, TN, or TX are moving to Tampa (God the escalating housing prices), Miami, Austin, and Nashville. None of these are red cities. So although you can go too far one way they cant be liking conservative policies that much. They ain't moving to Buck snort, TN or the panhandle of FL

They’re probably moving to the larger cities because of the career opportunities. They aren’t all going to replace their jobs by living to the panhandle. Plus, they’re probably living in the suburbs in most cases. Tell me about the suburbs of those cities. Do they also lean blue? The majority of Minneapolis suburbs are either red or purple. Some are very red, actually. If I were to move to Florida, I would also be looking at one of the larger metro areas. I’d research hurricanes, gators, poisonous snakes and spiders, and pick the area that has the least of those. :haha: Sort of joking with the last part, but I’m sure most people moving from Northern states wonder about those things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

They’re probably moving to the larger cities because of the career opportunities. They aren’t all going to replace their jobs by living to the panhandle. Plus, they’re probably living in the suburbs in most cases. Tell me about the suburbs of those cities. Do they also lean blue? The majority of Minneapolis suburbs are either red or purple. Some are very red, actually. If I were to move to Florida, I would also be looking at one of the larger metro areas. I’d research hurricanes, gators, poisonous snakes and spiders, and pick the area that has the least of those. :haha: Sort of joking with the last part, but I’m sure most people moving from Northern states wonder about those things. 

But thats what I mean when I say people think they like Republican policies but probably dont in actuality. The Florida man is scarier than all those creatures. I cant say of Nashville or Austin but Miami the suburbs of Ft LAuderdale and Palm Beach County definitely lean blue. The largest neighboring town of Tampa, St Pete, also leans blue.

27 minutes ago, sneaky said:

But thats what I mean when I say people think they like Republican policies but probably dont in actuality. The Florida man is scarier than all those creatures. I cant say of Nashville or Austin but Miami the suburbs of Ft LAuderdale and Palm Beach County definitely lean blue. The largest neighboring town of Tampa, St Pete, also leans blue.

They’re leaving deep blue states/cities to escape not just their covid policies, but high crime, high cost of living, high taxes, etc. Uprooting their families and moving across the country is not a decision anyone takes lightly, and most of them are choosing Florida and Texas. Whether they realize it or not, they are choosing conservative policies over what they left behind. Make of that what you will. 

As for “Florida man” being scary, there’s probably nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. I’ve always gotten the impression social issues are your priority. He doesn’t really run the state as a culture warrior on those issues. He’s more of a CEO style Governor. You seem to be more in agreement with his covid policies, at least. At the end of the day, you just have to decide whether you think life would be improved in any way under a Governor Crist or a Governor Fried. I’m fairly certain a lot of Democrats will decide life is pretty good relative to most other states, and vote to keep scary Florida man around for another 4 years. Sometimes people just vote red or blue no matter what. I get it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

They’re leaving deep blue states/cities to escape not just their covid policies, but high crime, high cost of living, high taxes, etc. Uprooting their families and moving across the country is not a decision anyone takes lightly, and most of them are choosing Florida and Texas. Whether they realize it or not, they are choosing conservative policies over what they left behind. Make of that what you will. 

As for “Florida man” being scary, there’s probably nothing I can say to convince you otherwise. I’ve always gotten the impression social issues are your priority. He doesn’t really run the state as a culture warrior on those issues. He’s more of a CEO style Governor. You seem to be more in agreement with his covid policies, at least. At the end of the day, you just have to decide whether you think life would be improved in any way under a Governor Crist or a Governor Fried. I’m fairly certain a lot of Democrats will decide life is pretty good relative to most other states, and vote to keep scary Florida man around for another 4 years. Sometimes people just vote red or blue no matter what. I get it. 

Lol Florida man is not Ron Desantis. Its our true state logo. I'm actually kind of politically homeless because I'm probably left of center socially but not left enough for the "wokies" in the establishment left. While I'm left of the establishment left economically. I believe the Scandanavians have the best economic system. Not something the folks who run the Democratic party are really fans of.

1 hour ago, sneaky said:

Lol Florida man is not Ron Desantis. Its our true state logo. I'm actually kind of politically homeless because I'm probably left of center socially but not left enough for the "wokies" in the establishment left. While I'm left of the establishment left economically. I believe the Scandanavians have the best economic system. Not something the folks who run the Democratic party are really fans of.

Oh, I didn’t know about “Florida Man.”  I thought for sure you were talking about DeSantis. :haha:

I don’t really have much of a response on the rest. I guess I can tell you’re not part of the “woke” crowd for the most part, but I have gotten the impression that you’re socially liberal. You live in a state with no income tax, so you’re probably not going to see a bunch of new, state sponsored social programs. Are you happy living in Florida, for the most part? Do you think you’d be happier somewhere else? Obviously, the grass isn’t always greener, just wondering. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minute video from Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA vaccine tech -- 

Dr. Robert Malone: Before You Inject Your Child! 

https://rumble.com/vqq7gc-dr.-robert-malone-before-you-inject-your-child.html

Dr. Malone was banned by Twitter a few days ago. Instead of allowing people access to different perspective on issues, Twitter and other big tech companies chose instead to silence and censor viewpoints they don't agree with.

---

Cross-posted on Covid-19 thread.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, season1 said:

4 minute video from Dr. Robert Malone, the inventor of the mRNA vaccine tech -- 

Dr. Robert Malone: Before You Inject Your Child! 

https://rumble.com/vqq7gc-dr.-robert-malone-before-you-inject-your-child.html

Dr. Malone was banned by Twitter a few days ago. Instead of allowing people access to different perspective on issues, Twitter and other big tech companies chose instead to silence and censor viewpoints they don't agree with.

---

Cross-posted on Covid-19 thread.

There will be more banned from Twitter in the coming months. They don’t want dissenting viewpoints. The left loves it, but if it was the other way around, all hell would break loose. It’s not good for business, but obviously, that’s not the priority. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

There will be more banned from Twitter in the coming months. They don’t want dissenting viewpoints. The left loves it, but if it was the other way around, all hell would break loose. It’s not good for business, but obviously, that’s not the priority. 

Twitter permanently suspended Marjorie Taylor Greene. She's on Gab and other alt sites. I saw several right-leaning personalities join gettr today. Gettr is still dependent on big tech on the backend (AWS) so not sure how free can they be. Gab on the other hand maintains its own servers.

I think many who are banned on Twitter have accounts on Gab, Gettr and/or Telegram. Dr. Malone is now on Gab (probably in other sites too). Gab ranks much higher than Gettr in Alexa Rank. As of today, global rank 1275 vs 6552 (US Rank 673 for Gab vs 1562 for Gettr).

1 minute ago, season1 said:

Twitter permanently suspended Marjorie Taylor Greene. She's on Gab and other alt sites. I saw several right-leaning personalities join gettr today. Gettr is still dependent on big tech on the backend (AWS) so not sure how free can they be. Gab on the other hand maintains its own servers.

I think many who are banned on Twitter have accounts on Gab, Gettr and/or Telegram. Dr. Malone is now on Gab (probably in other sites too). Gab ranks much higher than Gettr in Alexa Rank. As of today, global rank 1275 vs 6552 (US Rank 673 for Gab vs 1562 for Gettr).

Yeah, I saw that. The problem with those other sites is they’re just preaching to the choir. They can serve a purpose, but no minds can be changed in an echo chamber. 

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I saw that. The problem with those other sites is they’re just preaching to the choir. They can serve a purpose, but no minds can be changed in an echo chamber. 

Share the information from those sites to other sites. When videos are banned from YT and FB, you can still find them on Rumble, Telegram and/or GabTV;  share the video links to other social media to spread the info. 

At least on these sites, you know that you're interacting with real people and not the NPCs and bots that are present on Twitter and FB. You may not change many minds on those sites, but you can help people be resolute in their beliefs so when they get bombarded with narratives pushed by corporate media and big tech, they remain true to their principles and not easily swayed.

Besides, by censoring and banning conservative and right-leaning voices on Twitter, FB and other social media sites, aren't they creating the left's echo chamber?

Edited by season1

31 minutes ago, season1 said:

She really should get the hell out of New York. 

12 minutes ago, season1 said:

Share the information from those sites to other sites. When videos are banned from YT and FB, you can still find them on Rumble, Telegram and/or GabTV;  share the video links to other social media to spread the info. 

At least on these sites, you know that you're interacting with real people and not the NPCs and bots that are present on Twitter and FB. You may not change many minds on those sites, but you can help people be resolute in their beliefs so when they get bombarded with narratives pushed by corporate media and big tech, they remain true to their principles and not easily swayed.

Besides, by censoring and banning conservative and right-leaning voices on Twitter, FB and other social media sites, aren't they creating the left's echo chamber?

I’m not disagreeing with you. It’s just that Twitter and Facebook have much larger audiences that those places, which makes it easier for the left to continue pushing their propaganda. They’ll probably allow some conservatives to stay just to keep the conservative audience. Some of those I follow…I’m shocked they haven’t been banned yet. If they get too influential, I suspect some of them will be closer to the election. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I saw this article the other day but I forgot to post it --

The tweet above has the images of the article in case you can't open the source. Key points are also included below:

The head of Indianapolis-based insurance company OneAmerica said the death rate is up a stunning 40% from pre-pandemic levels among working-age people.

“We are seeing, right now, the highest death rates we have seen in the history of this business – not just at OneAmerica,” the company’s CEO Scott Davison said during an online news conference this week. “The data is consistent across every player in that business.”

Davison said the increase in deaths represents “huge, huge numbers,” and that’s it’s not elderly people who are dying, but “primarily working-age people 18 to 64” who are the employees of companies that have group life insurance plans through OneAmerica.

“And what we saw just in third quarter, we’re seeing it continue into fourth quarter, is that death rates are up 40% over what they were pre-pandemic,” he said.

“Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, a three-sigma or a one-in-200-year catastrophe would be 10% increase over pre-pandemic,” he said. “So 40% is just unheard of.”

Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths, Davison said.

“What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic. It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers.”

He said at the same time, the company is seeing an “uptick” in disability claims, saying at first it was short-term disability claims, and now the increase is in long-term disability claims.

The CDC weekly death counts, which reflect the information on death certificates and so have a lag of up to eight weeks or longer, show that for the week ending Nov. 6, there were far fewer deaths from COVID-19 in Indiana compared to a year ago – 195 verses 336 – but more deaths from other causes – 1,350 versus 1,319.

At the same news conference where Davison spoke, Brian Tabor, the president of the Indiana Hospital Association, said that hospitals across the state are being flooded with patients “with many different conditions,” saying “unfortunately, the average Hoosiers’ health has declined during the pandemic.”

In a follow-up call, he said he did not have a breakdown showing why so many people in the state are being hospitalized – for what conditions or ailments. But he said the extraordinarily high death rate quoted by Davison matched what hospitals in the state are seeing.

"What it confirmed for me is it bore out what we're seeing on the front end,..." he said.

The number of hospitalizations in the state is now higher than before the COVID-19 vaccine was introduced a year ago, and in fact is higher than it’s been in the past five years, Dr. Lindsay Weaver, Indiana’s chief medical officer, said at a news conference with Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday.

Just 8.9% of ICU beds are available at hospitals in the state, a low for the year, and lower than at any time during the pandemic. But the majority of ICU beds are not taken up by COVID-19 patients – just 37% are, while 54% of the ICU beds are being occupied by people with other illnesses or conditions.

The insurance company is seeing 40% increase in deaths among the working people they insured. Most of the death claims are not classified as covid deaths. If not covid, what could be causing the increase in deaths?

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 10:07 PM, TeamAudra said:

True, but Twitter is just a high school cafeteria food fight. No mind-changing there, either. Just a lot of people yelling at each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, season1 said:

I saw this article the other day but I forgot to post it --

The tweet above has the images of the article in case you can't open the source. Key points are also included below:

Hide contents

The head of Indianapolis-based insurance company OneAmerica said the death rate is up a stunning 40% from pre-pandemic levels among working-age people.

“We are seeing, right now, the highest death rates we have seen in the history of this business – not just at OneAmerica,” the company’s CEO Scott Davison said during an online news conference this week. “The data is consistent across every player in that business.”

Davison said the increase in deaths represents “huge, huge numbers,” and that’s it’s not elderly people who are dying, but “primarily working-age people 18 to 64” who are the employees of companies that have group life insurance plans through OneAmerica.

“And what we saw just in third quarter, we’re seeing it continue into fourth quarter, is that death rates are up 40% over what they were pre-pandemic,” he said.

“Just to give you an idea of how bad that is, a three-sigma or a one-in-200-year catastrophe would be 10% increase over pre-pandemic,” he said. “So 40% is just unheard of.”

Most of the claims for deaths being filed are not classified as COVID-19 deaths, Davison said.

“What the data is showing to us is that the deaths that are being reported as COVID deaths greatly understate the actual death losses among working-age people from the pandemic. It may not all be COVID on their death certificate, but deaths are up just huge, huge numbers.”

He said at the same time, the company is seeing an “uptick” in disability claims, saying at first it was short-term disability claims, and now the increase is in long-term disability claims.

The CDC weekly death counts, which reflect the information on death certificates and so have a lag of up to eight weeks or longer, show that for the week ending Nov. 6, there were far fewer deaths from COVID-19 in Indiana compared to a year ago – 195 verses 336 – but more deaths from other causes – 1,350 versus 1,319.

At the same news conference where Davison spoke, Brian Tabor, the president of the Indiana Hospital Association, said that hospitals across the state are being flooded with patients “with many different conditions,” saying “unfortunately, the average Hoosiers’ health has declined during the pandemic.”

In a follow-up call, he said he did not have a breakdown showing why so many people in the state are being hospitalized – for what conditions or ailments. But he said the extraordinarily high death rate quoted by Davison matched what hospitals in the state are seeing.

"What it confirmed for me is it bore out what we're seeing on the front end,..." he said.

The number of hospitalizations in the state is now higher than before the COVID-19 vaccine was introduced a year ago, and in fact is higher than it’s been in the past five years, Dr. Lindsay Weaver, Indiana’s chief medical officer, said at a news conference with Gov. Eric Holcomb on Wednesday.

Just 8.9% of ICU beds are available at hospitals in the state, a low for the year, and lower than at any time during the pandemic. But the majority of ICU beds are not taken up by COVID-19 patients – just 37% are, while 54% of the ICU beds are being occupied by people with other illnesses or conditions.

The insurance company is seeing 40% increase in deaths among the working people they insured. Most of the death claims are not classified as covid deaths. If not covid, what could be causing the increase in deaths?

I've always been suspicious of last year's COVID death count, particularly with the low flu/pneumonia numbers that went with it.

That said, I wonder how many anxiety-induced illnesses are occurring because of the lockdowns, etc.

• Like 2