The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

For DeSantis, you linked an article from July. A lot has changed since that time, with breakthrough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. As we all know, he went through that in his own state, since that time. Trump is still tooting his own horn, despite all of the additional data widely available. Furthermore, he’s flat out lying. He’s even using Biden’s talking points.  I feel like you’re trying too hard to rationalize it, which is what many of his supporters do whenever he falls off the wagon (often). I respect your opinion, but I’m going to call it as I see it. 

EDIT: Just to be clear, I’m not anti-vaccine. I’m anti-lying about the effectiveness of the vaccine, which is what both Biden and Trump are doing. I’m also anti-not being supportive enough of therapeutics. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated people need them. 

Not defending Trump nor rationalizing his vaccine stance. I don't agree with him on that and several other issues-- he kept appointing RINOs when he was in office, he nominated squishy SCOTUS judges, still a lot of work left undone on immigration. I just think that you're focusing more on Trump when he's not the one affecting the policies of the federal government right now. Biden and the democrats with cooperation from GOP leadership (debt ceiling, infrastructure bill among other things) are the ones driving the country off the cliff. They should be getting the blunt of the criticisms from conservatives and republicans. And let's not forget the media who are quick to defend the democrats and divide the conservatives and republicans.

Speaking of Biden --

:lmao:

Edited by season1

29 minutes ago, season1 said:

Not defending Trump nor rationalizing his vaccine stance. I don't agree with him on that and several other issues-- he kept appointing RINOs when he was in office, he nominated squishy SCOTUS judges, still a lot of work left undone on immigration. I just think that you're focusing more on Trump when he's not the one affecting the policies of the federal government right now. Biden and the democrats with cooperation from GOP leadership (debt ceiling, infrastructure bill among other things) are the ones driving the country off the cliff. They should be getting the blunt of the criticisms from conservatives and republicans. And let's not forget the media who are quick to defend the democrats and divide the conservatives and republicans.

Speaking of Biden --

:lmao:

LMAO, at the LGB. Biden actually too that in stride to his credit. 

Anyway, it’s probably too soon to compare and contrast potential 2024 candidates on every issue, but on this one, I don’t think it’s going to work to try to say they are the same. 😂  

• Like 1

Whoever posted that reply took the words right out of my mouth. That’s what I’ve been talking about for weeks, because I’m around these people every single day…liberals who were mask Nazis a year ago, who now think they’re bulletproof, because Biden told them they are safe if they’re vaccinated, and he’s still saying that! It’s the scandal of the decade and hardly anyone is talking about it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bongino had a “nasty” case of covid a few months ago, lives in Florida, went and got the Monoclonal Antibody treatment and recovered so quickly, he didn’t even miss a day of work. DeSantis again points out that the vast majority of people getting these treatments at many of the sites in his state have been vaccinated. 

Apparently, it’s about 45% overall getting the treatment in Florida have been vaccinated, but some sites were as high as 60%. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

More Canada/Australia like behavior of "New York's Finest." 

Now you understand why they insist on vax mandates for law enforcement and military. It's a purge of common sense conservative personnel and they're left with compliant sheep and  a bunch of cowards.

They let the antifa and other leftist groups riot and destroy property while they stand down, yet the arrest truly peaceful Americans. This is coming to other liberal cities near you. There will be fewer "Back the Blue" supporters in 2022.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, season1 said:

More Canada/Australia like behavior of "New York's Finest." 

Now you understand why they insist on vax mandates for law enforcement and military. It's a purge of common sense conservative personnel and they're left with compliant sheep and  a bunch of cowards.

They let the antifa and other leftist groups riot and destroy property while they stand down, yet the arrest truly peaceful Americans. This is coming to other liberal cities near you. There will be fewer "Back the Blue" supporters in 2022.

It all starts with the elected officials. Believe it or not, this could not happen in Minneapolis right now, because the progressives on the City Council got wiped out in November, because “abolish the police” was a bridge too far. :haha: Nobody’s touching vaccine passports and mask mandates right now. I’m sure there are some who would like to, but it’s not gonna fly. It seems like it’s the usual suspects…California, NYC, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, and various NE states and cities. The true blue bastions of liberalism. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sneaky said:

I guess the right has moved on from blue lives matter and cops are heroes. Credit though. It lasted longer than the animal rights movement on the right🙃

I’m not much into advocacy. I look at each individual situation, and form an opinion. At least on this, I’m reasonably confident we’re on the same side. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

It all starts with the elected officials. Believe it or not, this could not happen in Minneapolis right now, because the progressives on the City Council got wiped out in November, because “abolish the police” was a bridge too far. :haha: Nobody’s touching vaccine passports and mask mandates right now. I’m sure there are some who would like to, but it’s not gonna fly. It seems like it’s the usual suspects…California, NYC, Chicago, Portland, Seattle, and various NE states and cities. The true blue bastions of liberalism. 

The problem with blue cities getting uninhabitable is, their residents leave and move to red cities/states and bring their voting behavior with them. Then several years later, they ruin the red states and cities by voting for destructive policies and liberal politicians.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, season1 said:

The problem with blue cities getting uninhabitable is, their residents leave and move to red cities/states and bring their voting behavior with them. Then several years later, they ruin the red states and cities by voting for destructive policies and liberal politicians.

That’s true. They’re moving from NYC and California in droves to places like Texas and Florida, so they don’t have to deal with anymore of this bullshit, among other reasons. 

A lot of wealthy liberals are fleeing Minneapolis and moving to the suburbs. Why in the hell would anyone want to live in Minneapolis right now? They pay ridiculously high taxes, and get nothing in return. There are numerous nice places to live within minutes of the city. 

• Like 2

This is crazy. There’s no way I would wait in that line. I would just stay home. I’ll bet most of them have mild symptoms, or no symptoms at all. There’s a covid testing site right by my house and I’ve never seen more than about 10 cars waiting. I drive right by it multiple times per day. What the hell is going on in Milwaukee?

• Like 2