*****Brynn Cartelli Fan Thread*****

rhapsody99

21 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

For a song that went viral on TikTok, I would expect it to chart higher than it currently is now. 

It’s TikTok and that was a very good post. Most of those are kids with short attention spans who probably forgot about it a few minutes after.

Anyway, I disagree about lowering expectations because she’s a Voice alum. It’s been 3 years, and she has had every advantage imaginable, compared to any other winner not named Jordan Smith or Danielle Bradbery. It’s time. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyway, I disagree about lowering expectations because she’s a Voice alum. It’s been 3 years, and she has had every advantage imaginable, compared to any other winner not named Jordan Smith or Danielle Bradbery. It’s time. 

I just don’t want to be disappointed, that’s all. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s TikTok and that was a very good post. Most of those are kids with short attention spans who probably forgot about it a few minutes after.

I agree. In general, TikTok is not for creating songs that are super successful in charting. It's for trends that last for varying (but almost certainly short) amounts of time, and if Brynn's song wasn't used for some random TikTok trend, then it probably would get quickly forgotten by most except those who actually follow Brynn.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

I agree. In general, TikTok is not for creating songs that are super successful in charting. It's for trends that last for varying amounts of time, and if Brynn's song wasn't used for some random TikTok trend, then it probably would get quickly forgotten by most except those who actually follow Brynn.

If the song has been out at the time of the post, it may have had an effect, but the post is better than the song, if I’m being honest. 

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If the song has been out at the time of the post, it may have had an effect, but the post is better than the song, if I’m being honest. 

True. Even Todd Tilghman's new song is charting higher than LWH. But it is probably because Blake tweeted out the song's link in his Twitter account.

4 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

True. Even Todd Tilghman's new song is charting higher than LWH. But it is probably because Blake tweeted out the song's link in his Twitter account.

To be fair, I highly doubt Todd’s song will get nearly as many streams as this one. iTunes is almost meaningless to most of the people who would listen to this song. 

I wonder if this was always going to be the first song released from the album, or if they just decided to do it because of the TikTok post? Just a couple weeks ago, she was tweaking the lyrics. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Just now, TeamAudra said:

To be fair, I highly doubt Todd’s song will get nearly as many streams as this one. iTunes is almost meaningless to most of the people who would listen to this song. 

Your right about that. Todd's fanbase is more of the audience that buys instead of streaming. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Currently at #242 on iTunes. Let’s see if it has much of an effect. I don’t think it’s moved much, if at all since Kelly posted that on IG and Twitter. 

https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/us.html

FyrDvOT.png

The highest I saw this morning was #209, but now it’s going the other way. Even though Kelly asked for downloads, I’ll assume most people who checked out the song probably streamed it, since those links are in Brynn’s bio too. Honestly, it’s hard to get people to download and listen to new music, even for someone like Kelly Clarkson. People are lazy, and would rather just keep surfing social media. It takes lots of promo and/or a really good song. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

She has a talk show and two young kids, whom she probably just put to bed when she tweeted this. I don't blame her lol 😂

Never mind. I forgot that LA is three hours behind so forget what I said about putting her kids to bed, unless they sleep at 7:30. :stealth:

42 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Does she even run her account anymore?

good question GIF 

46 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Does she even run her account anymore?

Not really. She personally hasn't used her insta or fb pages in a looong time and up until the 1st of October she posted semi-frequently on twitter. She's actually only posted maybe 10-15 times since then.

Edited by roundtown
  • Thanks 2

Brynn replied to Kelly's Instagram post about Long Way Home and with a comment about loving her so much and seeing her soon. It could be for a number of things Brynn could be making an appearance on Kelly's talk show or she could just be coming to L.A. to write or record.

Kelly just tweeted this today:

Didn't tweets used to automatically embed?Happy Sunday! I have an exciting #TeamKelly

NBC_TheVoice_Feb_2021.png

announcement coming tomorrow. Stay tuned to my socials for more...

Winking face

• Thanks 2

Maybe Brynns song isn’t charting the way we hoped but she’s doing good with streams. She just tweeted a screenshot about being over 100k streams on Spotify (127k the screenshot currently says)... 99K is what spotify has for yesterday currently. I think promo is key. It’s hard to get recognition with those outside of your fanbase without promo, radio play, appearances, etc. hopefully that is coming soon. I still think her streams are impressive. 

• Like 4

Brynn will perform as part of a Make-A-Wish Foundation special on her local ABC station at 12:30 p.m. You can watch using the Western Mass News app. It also looks like full episodes of the show that she will be are uploaded here:

https://www.westernmassnews.com/better/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMz32a8sU8o/

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1