*****Brynn Cartelli Fan Thread*****

rhapsody99

2 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Preview of Imaginary Stranger written about the grandfather that passed away before she was born. When Brynn was on The Voice she mentioned carrying a picture of him in her guitar case and that he was a musician.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO0xklKieyh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Love this snippet! Looking forward to the whole track. ❤️

Ah...”Imaginary Stranger” is the short clip I posted on page 2 of this thread, and mentioned wanting to hear more of it. To be honest, I was a little obsessed with that few second clip because it sounded so unique. Looking forward to hearing the entire finished product. 

It was the second slide of this post. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEufD_TMnwf/?igshid=1cqugx99a2q4e

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Ah...”Imaginary Stranger” is the short clip I posted on page 2 of this thread, and mentioned wanting to hear more of it. To be honest, I was a little obsessed with that few second clip because it sounded so unique. Looking forward to hearing the entire finished product. 

It was the second slide of this post. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEufD_TMnwf/?igshid=1cqugx99a2q4e

I’m really looking forward to this one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, it might end up being my favorite of the EP.

If the entire song is as good as that snippet, I think it will be the favorite of a lot of people. I’ve been waiting for something unique. I felt like “Last Night’s Mascara” was unique, even if it created confusion for some people, who didn’t understand the song wasn’t about her. It has a cool vibe to it, and so does that snippet of “Imaginary Stranger.” 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I felt like “Last Night’s Mascara” was unique, even if it created confusion for some people, who didn’t understand the song wasn’t about her. It has a cool vibe to it, and so does that snippet of “Imaginary Stranger.” 

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

Here are the baseline Spotify numbers, let's see how much they grow after The Kelly Clarkson Show appearance.

Updated stats since Saturday:

Monthly listeners: 492,463

Followers: 53,550

If I Could: 1,171,636

Long Way Home: 999,573

• Like 1

Brynn did a interview with the Echo Magazine podcast. They covered quite a few topics including "Long Way Home" and the music video for it, "If I Could", how she navigated through 2020, Ariana Grande joining The Voice, and advice she's received from Kelly. The podcast  version of the interview is much longer than the print version.

Podcast episode:

Print interview:

http://readechoonline.com/exclusive-brynn-cartelli-chats-new-music-video-for-long-way-home-and-more/

Ariana Grande talk:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO0w-5Zgyj3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Here are the baseline Spotify numbers, let's see how much they grow after The Kelly Clarkson Show appearance.

Updated stats since Saturday:

Monthly listeners: 492,463

Followers: 53,550

If I Could: 1,171,636

Long Way Home: 999,573

I don't think these numbers reflect the affect of the TKCS appearance yet because they first appeared before the episode aired in a lot of markets:

Monthly listeners: 509,271

Followers: 53,715

If I Could: 1,259,996

Long Way Home: 1,018,287

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:12 AM, rhapsody99 said:

I don't think these numbers reflect the affect of the TKCS appearance yet because they first appeared before the episode aired in a lot of markets:

Monthly listeners: 509,271

Followers: 53,715

If I Could: 1,259,996

Long Way Home: 1,018,287

Comparing the numbers from the past couple of days this appearance doesn't seem to have affected the trajectory of any of the stats on Spotify.  

Monthly listeners: 525,220

Followers: 53,911

If I Could: 1,344,069

Long Way Home: 1,036,716

• Thanks 1

If you guys didn't catch the Cover Nation show live, I highly recommend you make some time to watch it, the whole thing was about 35 minutes long. Brynn sang 3 covers that have really influenced her that she's never really played for anyone before. She also sang If I Could and Love You In My Mind. Brynn also answered some fan questions in between the songs and talked about a few songs that are on the EP. The things she said about "Jane" make me look forward to hearing that one the most, she talks about that towards the end of the show before the last song.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Less than a week! I’m really especially excited to hear “Jane” since it seems really personal to Brynn. She writes a lot of songs based on other people’s experiences (which is fine!) but I’m anxious to hear a song from her own experiences 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

A snippet of Jane is on her tiktok! Hopefully it blows up like LWH and IIC, LYIMM got some love but not like the first two

I think part of it is because Brynn's hard core fans have heard her sing the entire song not that long after she first wrote it two years ago and the final arrangement isn't that different from the live acoustic version. I think Jane has a good chance of catching on since it is more personal.

In addition to posting the TikTok preview of Jane she also posted some interesting behind the scenes clips and pictures on her IG story about making the song before she posted the link to the TikTok video. The original demo for the song was almost six minutes long and she included a clip from it where you can literally hear her crying.

I'm going to embed the Jane video for convenience:

• Like 2