Disney Movies Rankdown - Part II

Steven_

Oooh, I got a spot-on ranking again. :o Aww Pinocchio though. It is truly a classic movie, but I loved too many others more to rank any higher. :bye2: I am surprised it ranks lower than some that have yet to appear though. :unsure:

Okay, #25 is ready now! :sorcerer:

Which one do you think it is? :o

I was wrong, so I'll keep that to myself for now. :giggle: But I thought you were going to reveal your ranking with the rest of them. :bleh:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WALLACE

I’m going to give Pinocchio the #10 ranking on my list because of….. well I don’t have any particular reason.

:haha:

VICTORIA

Pinocchio comes in a lucky number 13 even though I wouldn't truthfully rank in number 13 among these 30 films.

ONE DAY AS A "REAL BOY" AND HE IS ALREADY ENROLLED IN SCHOOL.

I wonder how much of your ranking you'd say is truthful. :haha:

Us both mentioning this! :giggle:

ELLIOTT

Animated Walt Disney movie made pre-1970s, so I'm just going to assume it's probably got some racist undertone to it.

The ever repeating write-up. :haha:

Thanks for the write-ups, Dee! There were too many images for me to edit the Mary Poppins and Bambi posts, so I quoted your write-ups in a post underneath both of them. :yes:

I was wrong, so I'll keep that to myself for now. :giggle: But I thought you were going to reveal your ranking with the rest of them. :bleh:

My score is part of the public rankings. :yes: There were a total of 12 public members who sent in rankings, too.

#22. Bambi (1942)

IPB Image

IPB Image

N12dH1lIE74

Bambi is iconic, simply put. One of the pioneering Walt Disney animated films, Bambi evokes such a strong feeling of nostalgia and childhood reminiscence. I have such vivid memories of being distraught and in anguish over the death of Bambi's mother, which truly is one of the most haunting and impactful scenes in Disney's long cinematic history. There is something to be said about the enduring impact of this story, and that is why I am happy to see it in the finals of this Rankdown.

Is Bambi the most fantastical Disney film? No. Is Bambi the most entertaining Disney film? Probably not. Bambi lacks a lot of the magical elements that came to be associated with the early Disney films. Vivid imagery, otherworldly elements, unforgettable music. Does that make Bambi a weaker film amongst the finalists? Sure. But I do not think that Bambi should be so harshly criticized for straying away from the usual character of the earlier Disney animated features.

Bambi is a cautionary tale on the threat that humans pose to wildlife conservation and the harmony of animals in the wild. Disney avoids making this movie a simple cartoon fantasy film and instead creates something more grim, slow, and somber. I actually really appreciate that aspect of this film. There is a visceral shock about this film that stays with you, but there is also a deeply touching spirit to this film that I will always fondly remember. Bambi is unique, and that deserves to be noted!

Thumper and Flower are two of the cutest and greatest characters in Disney history as well, and they alone deserve some respect for carrying so much of the film. Not surprised to see the film rank on the lower end, but happy to recognize the great aspects of this classic.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Pinocchio! :wub: Again I wasn't expecting to be its highest ranker and wished it did rank higher but oh well. :P

Which I approve. ^_^

Same. Wally is doing well in my opinion.

Aww thanks you two! :D :hug:

I dunno.

Lol what's this supposed to mean? :)

Ooh I know, but I meant individually so we can finally know more of your thoughts. :teeheewave:

Oh, okay. :lol:

From the films posted so far, these were where I placed them:

Pinocchio - 9th

Bambi - 13th

Mary Poppins - 19th

Incredibles 2 - 29th

The Fox and the Hound - 26th

The Jungle Book - 27th

Pinocchio is a bit of an odd movie since it has some dark moments (the Pleasure Island part was disturbing, as was when Stromboli locked Pinocchio in the cage), but I think the character Pinocchio was very likable and rootworthy. Sure, he is very naive, but his charm made the movie enjoyable. Bambi was my sister's favorite movie when she was very young, so I have a bit of an attachment there and wanted to rank it high. It's a movie I wouldn't likely seek out to watch again and again since Bambi's mother's death is heartbreaking. Apart from that sequence, it is a really nice film. As for Mary Poppins, it's a movie that was very interchangeable from the ones I ranked 15 - 19. I did recently rewatch Mary Poppins on DVD a couple years ago (I guess when the sequel was about to be released). Julie Andrews is the best part of the film, but it felt like a very long movie the last time I watched it. It's still a delightful movie, but the movie dragged for me whenever Mary Poppins herself wasn't on screen. Incredibles 2 was too new to really warrant a high ranking from me, and I only saw it once in theaters so far. The Fox and the Hound's ending is too bittersweet for me, but maybe it's one I can appreciate more if I watched it again? And I never really was much of a fan of The Jungle Book compared to the other Disney films here in the Top 30.

Oh, okay. :lol:

From the films posted so far, these were where I placed them:

Pinocchio - 9th

Bambi - 13th

Mary Poppins - 19th

Incredibles 2 - 29th

The Fox and the Hound - 26th

The Jungle Book - 27th

Pinocchio is a bit of an odd movie since it has some dark moments (the Pleasure Island part was disturbing, as was when Stromboli locked Pinocchio in the cage), but I think the character Pinocchio was very likable and rootworthy. Sure, he is very naive, but his charm made the movie enjoyable. Bambi was my sister's favorite movie when she was very young, so I have a bit of an attachment there and wanted to rank it high. It's a movie I wouldn't likely seek out to watch again and again since Bambi's mother's death is heartbreaking. Apart from that sequence, it is a really nice film. As for Mary Poppins, it's a movie that was very interchangeable from the ones I ranked 15 - 19. I did recently rewatch Mary Poppins on DVD a couple years ago (I guess when the sequel was about to be released). Julie Andrews is the best part of the film, but it felt like a very long movie the last time I watched it. It's still a delightful movie, but the movie dragged for me whenever Mary Poppins herself wasn't on screen. Incredibles 2 was too new to really warrant a high ranking from me, and I only saw it once in theaters so far. The Fox and the Hound's ending is too bittersweet for me, but maybe it's one I can appreciate more if I watched it again? And I never really was much of a fan of The Jungle Book compared to the other Disney films here in the Top 30.

Yay, the reveal! :w00t: Glad to see you're a fellow top half Bambi ranker. :wub:

I completely agree with you regarding Pinocchio! Pleasure Island is definitely not my favorite either. :haha: But Pinocchio is at least loveable. That's sweet about Bambi and your sister. :hug: Mary Poppins definitely feels long! I think it's over two hours, but they jammed a lot of quality content in there. :haha: Curious to see the other ones in that interchangeable range for you. I get that about Incredibles 2, even though I still love it. Aw, sad to see the lower The Fox and the Hound ranking, but I see. :bye2: We seem to agree on The Jungle Book, so yay! ^_^

Thanks so much for sharing all your thoughts! :D Looks like you haven't done too bad with the movies that showed up so far, or at least better than me. :haha:

Ooh goshh. :lmao: :" border="0" alt="blushing.gif" />

IPB Image

Yay, the reveal! :w00t: Glad to see you're a fellow top half Bambi ranker. :wub:

I completely agree with you regarding Pinocchio! Pleasure Island is definitely not my favorite either. :haha: But Pinocchio is at least loveable. That's sweet about Bambi and your sister. :hug: <3 Understandable and I agree regarding that heartbreaking scene as well. :( Mary Poppins definitely feels long! I think it's over two hours, but they jammed a lot of quality content in there. :haha: Curious to see the other ones in that interchangeable range for you. I get that about Incredibles 2, even though I still love it. Aw, sad to see the lower The Fox and the Hound ranking, but I see. :bye2: We seem to agree on The Jungle Book, so yay! ^_^

Thanks so much for sharing all your thoughts! :D Looks like you haven't done too bad with the movies that showed up so far, or at least better than me. :haha:

I'm glad you approve of the high Bambi ranking! ^_^

:thumbs: for agreement in regards to Pinocchio, too! Yes, the Pleasure Island part was not fun. It's also a shame how the people running Pleasure Island never get caught for turning the kids into donkeys. But the character Pinocchio is lovable indeed. And yes, the scene when Bambi's mother dies is too hard to watch. And yeah, I forgot Mary Poppins was over two hours long when I rewatched it. And I did enjoy Incredibles 2 despite my low ranking. Jack Jack was the highlight for me. And sorry about the low ranking for The Fox and the Hound. :( It's been a long time since I've seen the film, but I remember feeling disappointed by the end. Plus, if there ever is a Disney characters rankdown, then hopefully Amos Slade will be one of the first ones eliminated. :whistling: And yes, yay for agreement in regards to The Jungle Book.

No problem! Thanks for asking. :lol: And yeah, my rankings have been kind of close for some of the placements revealed so far, but there are a lot of differences too.

The Jungle Book is one the films that had three adaptions in the Disney Rankdown. The 1967 animated version, the 1994 live-action version and the 2016 live action remake version. I'm not the biggest fan of The Jungle Book despite the ranking. If I were being 100 percent honest it would rank between 25 through 30. Since I have attachment to this film I was probably one of the only ones who wanted the 2016 live action remake to outlast the 1967 animated original version. shocked.gif In my humble opinion the 2016 version is better and superior than the 1967 version. Unpopular opinion? Maybe. The 2016 version didn't make the finals though so enough about that film
You were saying?