The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Well yeah, that´s true, and while I still think they are aiming for a TStorm win, I don´t think they are gonna bus Todd in the finale, which again, will be difficult fot Tstorm.

Yeah, they didn’t bus Chevel, and they had way more invested in getting JHud a win. 

44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, they didn’t bus Chevel, and they had way more invested in getting JHud a win. 

By the finale, it was obvious that Kennedy wasn't winning, I think this season for that matter reflects season 14, Kyla/Brynn situation

10 minutes ago, antikid said:

By the finale, it was obvious that Kennedy wasn't winning, I think this season for that matter reflects season 14, Kyla/Brynn situation

More of an Alisan/Adam situation. The IDF favorite and TCO with an amazing run vs. the Team Blake frontrunner and Minivan's favorite who also is a threat for being actually talented (I think Todd is better than Adam tho)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, antikid said:

Kyla being bussed is just an assumption made, mostly by people who don’t like the outcome. It can’t be proven. Sometimes they just pick bad songs and/or don’t perform up to their capabilities. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Kyla being bussed is just an assumption made, mostly by people who don’t like the outcome. It can’t be proven. Sometimes they just pick bad songs and/or don’t perform up to their capabilities. 

I actually overall prefer Brynn to Kyla but the song choice made no sense in comparison to ones in earlier rounds and performance slot kinda gave it away too. I know it's technically still my opinion and I can't prove it but come on

5 minutes ago, antikid said:

I actually overall prefer Brynn to Kyla but the song choice made no sense in comparison to ones in earlier rounds and performance slot kinda gave it away too. I know it's technically still my opinion and I can't prove it but come on

Every frontrunner has head scratching song choices. For example, Brynn’s “You & I,” and opening the bloodbath show with “What the World Needs Now.”  If she would have been eliminated, everyone would have said she was bussed. She probably had an insurmountable lead. 

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think a lot of people use the term bus when their snowflakes flop, because they can’t admit that their favorite isn’t perfect.

However, Kyla was definitely bussed, her original and solo choices alone were a double decker bus, although I think Brynn would have won anyways.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I think a lot of people use the term bus when their snowflakes flop, because they can’t admit that their favorite isn’t perfect.

However, Kyla was definitely bussed, her original and solo choices alone were a double decker bus, although I think Brynn would have won anyways.

i agree that brynn would've won anyways, but no one can argue that Kyla's "original" wasn't a bus

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Every frontrunner has head scratching song choices. For example, Brynn’s “You & I,” and opening the bloodbath show with “What the World Needs Now.”  If she would have been eliminated, everyone would have said she was bussed. She probably had an insurmountable lead. 

I actually think both those songs for Brynn were good choices. She just didn't do as well as she could have on You & I. And I agree it was kinda odd to have their TCO open bloodbath with not the most interesting song. She still did pretty good but the fact they let her open bloodbath with any song tells she was Top 3 all along, if not the highest vote-getter. I wouldn't be 100% she beat Kyla in votes bloodbath week and certainly not by a large margin. That's the reason I think they bussed Kyla. Even if she was only close behind Brynn they wanted to ensure Kelly winning her first season 

13 minutes ago, antikid said:

I actually think both those songs for Brynn were good choices. She just didn't do as well as she could have on You & I. And I agree it was kinda odd to have their TCO open bloodbath with not the most interesting song. She still did pretty good but the fact they let her open bloodbath with any song tells she was Top 3 all along, if not the highest vote-getter. I wouldn't be 100% she beat Kyla in votes bloodbath week and certainly not by a large margin. That's the reason I think they bussed Kyla. Even if she was only close behind Brynn they wanted to ensure Kelly winning her first season 

When they put TCO first in the order, with a boring song like that one, they’re probably winning. By a lot. They used the prime spots to try to get Kyla and Britton to the finale, and we almost lost Britton. S15, they used they same tactics to get Kirk to the finale. He needed every bit of help he got. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Nice joke, if her strainage was considered "good" then I guess, but clearly the other 4 ladies were superior. As well in artistry too.

The other 4 ladies were awesome just not enough to really put sing Toneisha . She chose the right song at the right time . If you think she has been straining then maybe your preference is singers who barely open their mouths 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Supreme2017 said:

None of them could put sing toniesha ... not to take away from them but that’s the reason toniesha is a finalist 🤷🏾‍♂️

i won’t say toneisha isn’t an amazing singer cause she is. but the whistle notes, especially the first one, in lovin’ you was strained and not even a full whistle. that’s the highlight of the song and she didn’t do it right, so idk... she’s a wonderful singer but in that song, i think many of the others were more on point with their song

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

When they put TCO first in the order, with a boring song like that one, they’re probably winning. By a lot. They used the prime spots to try to get Kyla and Britton to the finale, and we almost lost Britton. S15, they used they same tactics to get Kirk to the finale. He needed every bit of help he got. 

I'm not saying Brynn was or wasn't winning but if she indeed was winning by a lot there would be no reason to bus Kyla. Even if you disagree the song choice were a bus, you can't deny having her perform both solo songs in the first hour wasn't a massive bus when Brynn had both in the second hour

4 hours ago, Supreme2017 said:

The other 4 ladies were awesome just not enough to really put sing Toneisha . She chose the right song at the right time . If you think she has been straining then maybe your preference is singers who barely open their mouths 🤷🏾‍♂️

Apparently you just cater to the ones who projects the loudest then!

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

All I think is that " Hallelujah" will most definitely be sung tomorrow. The question is who will get it.

Maelyn returns and SLAYS it once again!

but for real, TStorm would sing it. I don't think Todd would honestly sing that in the finale.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 4

Since there has been some discussion on this, I'll add a few things. I'll try to separate out my points for clarity.

So, first: The entire concept of the "bus" relies on an assumption of competence with TPTB. Or more, that they're not incompetent. I think this has to be valid. TPTB know what they're doing. They know what they want and the best ways to get there. It doesn't always work out but they aren't idiots. They know their audience (probably even better than we do), how a song will be received, and what the implications are.

Kyla was hit by the bus. Hard. I remember seeing/hearing her songs and instantly realizing she had 0% chance of winning. IIRC she also performed both of her solos in the first half of the show. Even IF it wasn't intentional, based on pure negligence, the songs she was given made it certain she couldn't win. I don't think Brynn being given a "boring" (not bad though!) song in bloodbath in the first position is a sign she had an insurmountable lead either. For one, it's clear that going first is not the "death spot" anyway (Kyla went first t10). Instead, I think Brynn just had a high floor with the largest devoted fanbase. I think she was always getting 1st or 2nd in the finale because of this. Kyla relied almost entirely on casual votes. 

And yeah, of course when an artist gets bamboozled, their fans aren't pleased. But there's a difference between resenting the treatment and just being unhappy with the results. Whatever happened with Kyla doesn't take away from Brynn's win. But it still feels awful that Kyla wasn't even provided the opportunity to have good performances (or at least good studios 🤡). 

• Like 5

I keep seeing Kyla’s performance spots brought up. She led off the show with her cover. You can’t say it didn’t hurt Brynn to open the bloodbath with a boring song, and cite that as a bussing attempt of Kyla. Her 2nd performance was at the top of the 2nd hour, which has historically been a good spot for votes. I’m of the opinion that performance spots don’t matter much, and that the votes are mostly decided before they even take the stage. Chloe had bad song choices in the finale too. “Bette Davis Eyes”....really? I won’t even get into the fact that her voice was shot, yet she still got the votes she needed. 

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I keep seeing Kyla’s performance spots brought up. She led off the show with her cover. You can’t say it didn’t hurt Brynn to open the bloodbath with a boring song, and cite that as a bussing attempt of Kyla. Her 2nd performance was at the top of the 2nd hour, which has historically been a good spot for votes. I’m of the opinion that performance spots don’t matter much, and that the votes are mostly decided before they even take the stage. Chloe had bad song choices in the finale too. “Bette Davis Eyes”....really? I won’t even get into the fact that her voice was shot, yet she still got the votes she needed. 

Yeah, Chloe had a notoriously bad finale night (at least to her previous standards), because her voice was clearly shot, but she pretty much had already sealed the deal with "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I still remember everyone saying that she pretty much left the door open for Addison after that night.

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Chloe had a notoriously bad finale night (at least to her previous standards), because her voice was clearly shot, but she pretty much had already sealed the deal with "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I still remember everyone saying that she pretty much left the door open for Addison after that night.

ROBBED ADDISON!

but whatever still a great finale night for the Top 3 ladies!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I was fine with Chloe winning, despite her less than stellar finale.