The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Chloe had a notoriously bad finale night (at least to her previous standards), because her voice was clearly shot, but she pretty much had already sealed the deal with "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I still remember everyone saying that she pretty much left the door open for Addison after that night.

I was fine with Chloe winning, despite her less than stellar finale. 

by the way, for everyone saying that Kyla didn't get bussed because of song slots (I forgot who and personally don't care), she was given a plagiarized song that was I think Garth Brooks, so Blake Shelton must have known about it, or at least the producers who literally took the stolen song and gave it to her. plenty of people commented about how she didn't deserve the win because of that.

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

by the way, for everyone saying that Kyla didn't get bussed because of song slots (I forgot who and personally don't care), she was given a plagiarized song that was I think Garth Brooks, so Blake Shelton must have known about it, or at least the producers who literally took the stolen song and gave it to her. plenty of people commented about how she didn't deserve the win because of that.

Something that is also forgotten here, is that she was sick that week, and her voice wasn´t up to par. I remember she went to the doctor that morning .So bad timing also had it´s way there.

• Like 1

Kyla had the best Top 12, Top 10 and Semifinal performances. She even slayed the "This is Me" song despite being the first to perform and charted on iTunes even higher than Brynn. She could have been the first black powerhouse vocalist to win The Voice but she was clearly bussed by being given songs which deprived her of showcasing the magic she had on those three preceding performances. That country original song "The Last Tear" which was obviously a Garth Brooks hit (Leave the Light On), was certainly TPTB's way of sabotaging Kyla and Blake to prevent Blake from winning again after his Chloe victory on Season 13.

34 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Kyla had the best Top 12, Top 10 and Semifinal performances. She even slayed the "This is Me" song despite being the first to perform and charted on iTunes even higher than Brynn. She could have been the first black powerhouse vocalist to win The Voice but she was clearly bussed by being given songs which deprived her of showcasing the magic she had on those three preceding performances. That country original song "The Last Tear" which was obviously a Garth Brooks hit (Leave the Light On), was certainly TPTB's way of sabotaging Kyla and Blake to prevent Blake from winning again after his Chloe victory on Season 13.

That wasn’t a Garth Brooks “hit.”  It appeared as a bonus track on his greatest hits album. It’s an unreleased song.  The original songwriters were credited with Kyla’s song. There’s no doubt it was shady, but I question how many average viewers knew the song. I wouldn’t know about it to this day, if it had not been brought up here. Blake is highly involved in song picking for his strongest contestants. Maybe he thought this was a good idea? I don’t see Blake intentionally bussing his best shot at winning.  Furthermore, Kyla could have turned it down. They usually get presented with several options. She’s clearly capable of standing up for herself.

This is the most thorough detailing of the situation you’ll find. Unfortunate? Absolutely. Intentional bussing? Without evidence, all we can do is speculate. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/garth-brooks-song-passed-off-as-original-for-the-voice-contestant-kyla-jade/

Also, let’s be honest....Brynn’s original song isn’t exactly a lyrical masterpiece, and it wasn’t her best performance of the night. Yet, it hit #1 on iTunes, and stayed there for several days. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

If only Kyla would be so lucky for the song to be a hit :haha:. They'd never use a song that was actually recognizable because it would create real controversy. But the song was way too awful to ever be more than an unreleased torture device to be thrust on some poor unsuspecting vocal contestant 

LOL so Idol fans are going crazy nuts rn (as far as I can see in the twitter) because apparently the TCO from the very start didn't win. That was funny as hell though, because many were really sure Arthur's got this in the bag or even Francisco, but then Just Sam snatched that win 😂

I wonder if the results in The Voice will be the same hmmm. Maybe Toneisha will also pull an upset and defeat all the boys too and win that thing! just kidding though HAHAHA

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

LOL so Idol fans are going crazy nuts rn (as far as I can see in the twitter) because apparently the TCO from the very start didn't win. That was funny as hell though, because many were really sure Arthur's got this in the bag or even Francisco, but then Just Sam snatched that win 😂

I wonder if the results in The Voice will be the same hmmm. Maybe Toneisha will also pull an upset and defeat all the boys too and win that thing! just kidding though HAHAHA

I mean Todd seems way stronger than Arthur, but she's 3rd at best I feel....

Unless if she pulls out a gospel and ends them all lmao.

19 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Todd would win over Arthur in a landslide any day tho.

18 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I'd be shocked if Todd or TStorm didn't win tbh. Compared to AI, Sam was at least somewhat it contention. Todd/TStorm are so far ahead of the other 3 that it'd take a miracle for anyone else to win. I'd love to be shocked and have someone nobody would expect to win, though (except Micah lol)

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

queens only

36 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I mean Todd seems way stronger than Arthur, but she's 3rd at best I feel....

Unless if she pulls out a gospel and ends them all lmao.

30 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Todd would win over Arthur in a landslide any day tho.

i wasn't even rooting for arthur, but y'all are cute...skskk

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

If I wasn’t pulling for Thunderstorm I’d be pulling for Toneisha to pull out the same upset Just Sam did! Imagine if a woman won this a legend dominated season

10 hours ago, Maudie1877 said:

Hmm.... 

I bet he and other former Voice artists along with the coaches are singing a song about uniting or it is a tribute to the communities. Similar to what AI did today with "We Are The World." But please anything else besides that song...it is so grinding. I'll take "Let It Be" over that song.

Edited by Gmm99

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

That wasn’t a Garth Brooks “hit.”  It appeared as a bonus track on his greatest hits album. It’s an unreleased song.  The original songwriters were credited with Kyla’s song. There’s no doubt it was shady, but I question how many average viewers knew the song. I wouldn’t know about it to this day, if it had not been brought up here. Blake is highly involved in song picking for his strongest contestants. Maybe he thought this was a good idea? I don’t see Blake intentionally bussing his best shot at winning.  Furthermore, Kyla could have turned it down. They usually get presented with several options. She’s clearly capable of standing up for herself.

This is the most thorough detailing of the situation you’ll find. Unfortunate? Absolutely. Intentional bussing? Without evidence, all we can do is speculate. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/garth-brooks-song-passed-off-as-original-for-the-voice-contestant-kyla-jade/

Also, let’s be honest....Brynn’s original song isn’t exactly a lyrical masterpiece, and it wasn’t her best performance of the night. Yet, it hit #1 on iTunes, and stayed there for several days. 

Firstly, I would argue that Kyla probably wouldn't know to turn it down, for the reason that she wouldn't know some unreleased Garth Brooks song. However, if you look online there are plenty of articles about her plagiarized songs, and they feature tweets and comments saying that people would no longer vote for Kyla because of this.

I would like to note that Kyla did not want to win The Voice, and if we want a conspiracy theory to spice things up, I think it's entirely possible she did this knowingly to make sure she didn't win, because she was worried about being ensnared in the Voice's confining contract (in fact, I would go as far to say that if this unlikely conspiracy theory is true, then Blake was in on it, and wanted to help Kyla not win).

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Firstly, I would argue that Kyla probably wouldn't know to turn it down, for the reason that she wouldn't know some unreleased Garth Brooks song. However, if you look online there are plenty of articles about her plagiarized songs, and they feature tweets and comments saying that people would no longer vote for Kyla because of this.

I would like to note that Kyla did not want to win The Voice, and if we want a conspiracy theory to spice things up, I think it's entirely possible she did this knowingly to make sure she didn't win, because she was worried about being ensnared in the Voice's confining contract (in fact, I would go as far to say that if this unlikely conspiracy theory is true, then Blake was in on it, and wanted to help Kyla not win).

I don’t buy that she chose songs that would prevent her from winning, but she very well may have chosen the original out of several options, and the cover too. I can’t picture her being forced to accept songs she didn’t want, especially since she was Blake’s TCO.  Contestants make poor choices all the time. Now, if Kyla spoke publicly about not liking the songs, and having them forced upon her, I’ll listen. 

15 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Then hyping his fanbase with comments like "kyla not winning the show called the voice would be absurd" would make no sense.

• Like 1

Ryan Innes followed Todd on IG recently. Ryan appeared on Songland this season pitching a song for Lady Antebellum. I have a feeling that song will be his original for Monday.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, antikid said:

Then hyping his fanbase with comments like "kyla not winning the show called the voice would be absurd" would make no sense.

yeah I would trust your judgment over mine cause I "watched" the voice on YouTube essentially that season, and that too in snippets of artists that were more my favorites

15 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Ryan Innes followed Todd on IG recently. Ryan appeared on Songland this season pitching a song for Lady Antebellum. I have a feeling that song will be his original for Monday.

Good catch. It’s a little sleepy, but it’s OK. Will he countrify it? It sounds like something Josh Kaufman would sing. Todd’s base is gonna want country at this point. I’m not expecting any of them to get great songs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Good catch. It’s a little sleepy, but it’s OK. Will he countrify it? It sounds like something Josh Kaufman would sing. Todd’s base is gonna want country at this point. I’m not expecting any of them to get great songs. 

I am guessing they'll be using the final version that Ester Dean produced. I don't think it's possible for them to further 'workshop' the song given how tight their schedules are. At least the song fits Todd pretty well. The cover will probably be more important in determining who wins.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I am guessing they'll be using the final version that Ester Dean produced. I don't think it's possible for them to further 'workshop' the song given how tight their schedules are. At least the song fits Todd pretty well. The cover will probably be more important in determining who wins.

Actually, this would make sense to give the cut songs to the contestants  due to time constraints...but they will certainly not help the finalists that much. 

3 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Guys...I found this on Apple Music. Looks like these pages were just made and each have two slots avaliable. Studio versions???

Studio.png

??????????????????

I wonder why the finalists didn't say anything about this. 

I bet they'll just use the audio from the performances and call it a studio version. Call a spade a spade. 😂

• Haha 1