The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Ahh I thought that was on Monday instead. Then I dunno then.

Monday is coaches duet

According to the press release, the 4 celebrity collaborations will be revealed later. The press release also lists the songs that the aforementioned names will be singing, Maelyn is performing "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas"

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/jennifer-hudson...amp;show=151062

Edited by seak05

JHud, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Antebellum, Dua Lipa, Luke Combs & Maelyn performing.

Duets with coaches are holiday themed.

https://www.nbcumv.com/news/jennifer-hudson...amp;show=151062

YASSS! Queen Maelyn :wub:

Why should they stop? Just because idf wants to trash talk them? I think it should be vice versa.

Come on, that's cute but it's not how it works. This show is basically a roman circus, don't expect us to act like this is some kind of preschool talent show.

Also, IDF has been pretty fair with Will; most people ignored him, and even his hardcore fans agreed that he wasn't exactly killing it in some performances. If anything, Shane Q and maybe HS are the ones with complaining rights.

Edited by echoap

Come on, that's cute but it's not how it works. This show is basically a roman circus, don't expect us to act like this is some kind of preschool talent show.

Also, IDF has been pretty fair with Will; most people ignored him, and even his hardcore fans agreed that he wasn't exactly killing it in some performances. If anything, Shane Q and maybe HS are the ones with complaining rights.

MTE, if this were like that, we would just be like the coaches who give no criticism.

I was not trying to be cute. Besides everyone has complaining rights, and I think Will was complaining more about the negative things directed toward his friends like Shane and HS, rather than himself. He has thick skin. Also treating others with human decency is not acting like the show is a preschool talent show. I’m not saying coddle the contestants and treat every performance like its the best thing since sliced bread, like some of the coaches do, but it would be nice if IDF could be constructive in their criticism or at least admit why they didn’t like a contestant/performance be it genre or tone or whatnot, rather than “he/she/they suck/have no talent/etc”. I am not even gonna go into detail with the thread where disgusting remarks were made about the contestants, not even relating to their voice. Speaking of expecting things from idf, I expect idf to keep being the same, nothing different, sadly.

Edited by xfactor22

Maelyn :wub:

Although curious to how the duets will work.

Rose deserves JHud but they'll probably stick her with Black Eyed Peas.

Luke x Jake is the clearest pick there, but Lady Antebellum x Katie doesn't seem appropriate, neither does Rose or Ricky there.

Maybe they're waiting on an additional announcement for them or something?

Luke x Jake is the clearest pick there, but Lady Antebellum x Katie doesn't seem appropriate, neither does Rose or Ricky there.

Rose x Lady Antebellum could work.

Rcj6lZy38L0

Edited by xfactor22

No, everyone announced so far is there for their own promotion. The press release spells out what they are singing. The celebrity duet partners haven’t been announced yet.

No, everyone announced so far is there for their own promotion. The press release spells out what they are singing. The celebrity duet partners haven’t been announced yet.

Oh, that's my mistake! Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

Still holding out hope for a JHud duet in addition to Memory o:)

Maelyn Jarmon, who now goes by Maelyn

Maelyn has apparently shed the last name professionally. She even has a new Spotify page for "Maelyn", abandoning the one with all of the voice performances. Chloe did the same thing. It's going to hurt her in the short run but if she wants a chance at forging her own path in music it's probably for the best in the long term.

Maelyn has apparently shed the last name professionally. She even has a new Spotify page for "Maelyn", abandoning the one with all of the voice performances. Chloe did the same thing. It's going to hurt her in the short run but if she wants a chance at forging her own path in music it's probably for the best in the long term.

I noticed that when I searched for her Christmas cover on Apple Music. Searching first and last name doesn’t bring it up at all. I assume it’s the same on Spotify and iTunes.

Edited by TeamAudra

I noticed that when I searched for her Christmas cover on Apple Music. Searching first and last name doesn’t bring it up at all. I assume it’s the same on Spotify and iTunes.

:yes: If you add the last name, her new spotify page doesn't come up. It's probably a good thing that she's done this before she performs on TV instead of after

It's not hard to search for her though not many people have the name Maelyn.

Right, but if you put in her last name, only her Voice covers come up. How would people know to omit the last name? I only found it by grabbing the link from her Instagram post, and I consider myself to be reasonably computer literate.

Right, but if you put in her last name, only her Voice covers come up. How would people know to omit the last name? I only found it by grabbing the link from her Instagram post, and I consider myself to be reasonably computer literate.

It's probably good that she's changed the name before she performs instead of after for this very reason. People will have the chance to figure it out instead of just being confused later :haha:

Most of the time when I search Spotify for instance I only use the first name anyways less typing. Maybe other people are different I guess.

It's probably good that she's changed the name before she performs instead of after for this very reason. People will have the chance to figure it out instead of just being confused later :haha:

Plus, she’s still using her last name on all of her SM accounts.

Reposting for visibility! :ph34r:

IPB Image

So beautiful to see the Queen's name :wub:

Seriously though, we don't deserve her and must not take each note every second that she speaks or stands there tbh, cause her beauty is everything, she doesn't even have to sing, we already know she's a queen for granted. <3

Edited by QueenMae16