The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Given these song choices, I think everybody's just referring the "challenge" it will be to sit through tonight's show.

I have to disagree. Most of these songs seem interesting for the contestants, I think I’ll enjoy most of not all of the performances tonight.

So, are you going to go after everyone else who questioned singing a Shania song too? Why did you single me out?

Because in two posts you singled out Kat’s song choice being the worst. Definitely far from the worst. And you know it’s smart, especially being on Blake’s team, that she gets some country votes.

Because in two posts you singled out Kat’s song choice being the worst. Definitely far from the worst. And you know it’s smart, especially being on Blake’s team, that she gets some country votes.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I see it differently. I don’t like the song for her and the studio sounds like something from a middle school talent show. You can move along now.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I see it differently. I don’t like the song for her and the studio sounds like something from a middle school talent show. You can move along now.

Slay :icecream:

Saying this as a Kat Stan, please chill. Just because someone thinks her song is the worst song choice doesn’t mean they think she’s the worst. And if they do think she’s the worst, who cares. That doesn’t mean she is.

Hello Sunday - stone cold (Demi lovato)

Jake hoot - that ain’t my truck (Rhett Akins)

Shane q - carriban queen no more love (billy ocean)

Rose short - gods country (Blake Shelton)

Joana Martinez - impossible (shontelle)

Marybeth Byrd - lose you to love me (Selena Gomez)

Katie kadan - rolling in the deep (Adele)

Will breman - my body (lsg)

Kat hammock - you’re still the one (Shania Twain)

Ricky Duran - born under a bad sign (al green)

Joana’s song isnt by Shontelle. It’s by Christina.

Saying this as a Kat Stan, please chill. Just because someone thinks her song is the worst song choice doesn’t mean they think she’s the worst. And if they do think she’s the worst, who cares. That doesn’t mean she is.

Right?

Just for clarity, here’s my top 10 ranking, copied from the official thread. I posted this several days ago. Full disclosure: I don’t really like any of them much, but there’s no anti-Kat bias.

1. Katie

2. Ricky

3. Kat

4. Marybeth

5. Rose

6. Joana

7. Jake

8. Will

9. Shane

10. Hello Sunday

I don’t think TA has anything against Kat at all, they were a Kat supporter pre lives. Kats voice and style is just very polarizing and not everyone gets it. TA’s critique was actually pretty straightforward and bias less compared to others in the past lol. Some people may translate something they don’t get into being bad but that’s ok because it’s vote to save not vote to eliminate. Definitly no jugdement because I’ve been frustrated by Kat hate on this forum as well but I don’t think TA was trying to hate on Kat, they just didn’t like her song choice. :hug:

WHOO chile! I usually don't check song choices before the show, but DAYUM, these are bad.

Based on these song choices, here are my predictions, assuming that everybody performs at least... "passably..."

Shane Q ("Caribbean Queen" by Billy Ocean) is going home no matter what. He was in the bottom last week, and there's NOTHING he can do with that song. I actually love that song, but that song choice for Shane is laughably bad. The bus is coming. :haha: (In all seriousness, I kinda hate it when producers/coaches bus contestants with song choices. I shouldn't be rejoicing just because it's happening to my second least favorite contestant. That honestly sucks for him.)

Kat Hammock ("You're Still the One" by Shania Twain) looks like she might be in trouble. Not just because I don't like her voice, but because I really don't see her pulling off that Shania song, especially one that is so well known and iconic. She's a divisive contestant, too, and that's taking a huge risk especially after how awful she was last week. I know it's challenge week, though, so... good luck to her, I guess.

Hello Sunday ("Stone Cold" by Demi Lovato) are probably safe. If they're in the bottom, then they'll probably win the Instant Save. "Stone Cold" has a MASSIVE crescendo, allowing the one with the higher voice to show off in the climax of the song. That's just a perfect song for a show like The Voice. And I expect Kelly to wig out and jump up and down during the final chorus.

Rose Short and her song choice ("God's Country" by Blake Shelton) haven't made me stop laughing ever since I first saw it. Rose is probably going to kill it because she doesn't know how to give a bad performance. AND it's a brilliant strategic move because now, it's off-limits as pandering fuel for Jake Hoot. Ha! :icecream:

Joana Martinez ("Impossible" by Shontelle)... I think she'll do an amazing job at it, especially if she does it more like the original and not the James Arthur version. Still doesn't have enough fans to keep her out of the bottom, though. See: Myracle Holloway.

I don't know much about Will Breman's song ("My Body" by LSG), so I can't speak on that one. But I love the guy and I hope he does well. I think Ricky Duran ("Born Under a Bad Sign" by Albert King - who the heck said AL GREEN earlier?! LOL) is a dark horse who is guaranteed to make it through on the grounds of his consistency and quality performances. I don't see him messing that one up.

Katie Kadan ("Rolling in the Deep" by Adele)... I don't even see how that's a challenge. Like, the song is tailored to her voice. In case anyone needed anymore proof that she's "The Chosen One" this season...

Ditto for Marybeth Byrd ("Lose You to Love Me" by Selena Gomez). Not a challenge. Selena barely has any depth to her voice, and Selena's range in that song is particularly small. This means that Marybeth won't have to push herself to belt or do anything out of her own comfort zone, either. She sounds phenomenal when she sticks to her comfort zone. This will be a big moment for her.

AND ditto for Jake Hoot ("That Ain't My Truck" by Rhett Atkins), that ain't your truck, and that ain't a challenge.

----

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here - but overall, just based on these song choices, I predict a B3 of Shane, Joana, and Kat. Possibly replace Kat with Hello Sunday. Either one of those two will win the Instant Save, depending on which one ends up in the bottom.

Excited to hear her blow Blake out of the park :haha:

Marybeth and Joana got some nice choices too.

Finally got to look at all the songs and yeah I agree. Joana finally has a song that should be squarely in her wheelhouse, and Marybeth has the potential to really have a moment with her song.

I also think Katie and Jake are probably sure bets and I’m hopeful Katie can balance her voice on an Adele song that actually seems like it’s made for Katie

Edited by Djsoke

Kat Hammock ("You're Still the One" by Shania Twain) looks like she might be in trouble. Not just because I don't like her voice, but because I really don't see her pulling off that Shania song, especially one that is so well known and iconic. She's a divisive contestant, too, and that's taking a huge risk especially after how awful she was last week. I know it's challenge week, though, so... good luck to her, I guess.

Yeah... ok :yes:

I’d expect to see Joana Kat and Will I’m the later half of the episode since they’ve performed early twice, and Jake, Marybeth, and Hello Sunday in the earlier half since they’ve performed late twice. Addison performed late all season tho so They could give Jake, Marybeth, or Hello Sunday the same treatment

Ricky's song is one that I've never cared for. It sounds good and I think he'll be fine, but it's just not exciting.

Like pretty much everything else about Ricky himself. Seriously. What do you all see in him? :ph34r:

He's not wrong though. Kat had pitch problems throughout her song and it should have been a moment for her.

moments during live shows are a very rare occasion and when they do occur they’re not on folky, twangy songs. And tbh some pitch problems ≠ an awful performance so yes I’d say he’s somewhat wrong in my humble opinion. Nonetheless we at idol forums make up a very small minority and our opinions hardly ever line up with what actually happens so what does it truly matter :haha: its all just in good fun anyways

Kelly is ready for Shane to go home, which is interesting, because she usually doesn’t use song choice as a bus tool.

If you think back, she didn't really look that happy that Shane survived last week. Enough to keep up appearances, but not totally happy. Wouldn't shock me if she did want him to go home this week.

- Kat's preview sounds ok but I don't think it's going to work live. :no:

No, but if we know season1, Agenator, xfactor, and CGlaserFan, they're going to be falling all over themselves with praise for her, anyway.

Relax. I don’t hate you. You are one of the biggest Chevel fans along with myself. I don’t forget.

Edited by gabe0101