The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Btw, this week is not “challenge week.” In s14, t10 week was challenge week so I said that they should bring it back to add interesting song choices but they are not doing it this season. The solos for the rest of the season do not have a theme

- Kat's preview sounds ok but I don't think it's going to work live. :no:

- Joana is about to slay. ^_^

- Marybeth sounds ok, that should be enough to make it through. -_-

- Rose: If she keeps things simple, this might be the performance of the night. B)

- Will: A good song for his voice but I guess he'll manage to butcher it live.

- Shane Q: LMFAO, he better practice the heck out of his instant save song :haha:

- Hello Sunday: Enough to survive another week in this tragic season.

- Ricky: :yawn:

- Jake: Don't need to hear his preview to know that he'll be the second most voted + he'll get the Apple bonus.

Hello Sunday - Stone Cold (Demi Lovato)

Jake Hoot - That Ain't My Truck (Rhett Atkins)

Shane Q - Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run) (Billy Ocean)

Joana Martinez - Impossible (Christina Aguilera)

Rose Short - God's Country (Blake Shelton)

Katie Kadan - Rolling in the Deep (Adele)

Marybeth Byrd - Lose You to Love Me (Selena Gomez)

Will Breman - My Body (Young the Giant)

Kat Hammock - You're Still the One (Shania Twain)

Ricky Duran - Born Under A Bad Sign (Albert King)

Many of these song picks are something else :wacko: ...but the one that stands out the most is Caribbean Queen!WTF were they thinking with that song??? I don't even need to hear it to know he better be heading home after singing that.

Many of these song picks are something else :wacko: ...but the one that stands out the most is Caribbean Queen!WTF were they thinking with that song??? I don't even need to hear it to know he better be heading home after singing that.

Holy sh*t, I didn’t even notice he was singing that. I guess Kat’s isn’t the worst song choice. Kelly is ready for Shane to go home, which is interesting, because she usually doesn’t use song choice as a bus tool.

Listening to Kat’s again. I think her song choice is the worst one of all, tbh. The original is too familiar to people to try this. Who has been successful with a Shania song on this show? Anyone? Is Kat a country singer now?

Listened to Joana’s too. Not a fan of that one either.

I don't think Kat had any say on this song choice. She posted what seems like a goodbye post on IG a couple of days ago :(

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5arpWoDsi7/

Shania songs on The Voice are kiss of death songs. I don't remember anyone advancing after singing one of her songs. :ph34r:

I don't think Kat had any say on this song choice. She posted what seems like a goodbye post on IG a couple of days ago :(

Shania songs on The Voice are kiss of death songs. I don't remember anyone advancing after singing one of her songs. :ph34r:

Lili Passero! She sang the man I feel like a woman song, in front of Shania, while she was sick. I think Kat will advance too, unless it’s a really bad performance.

Better to have a Shania song than a Faith Hill song.

Edited by TeamAudra

Just last season Jacob Maxwell advanced with the same exact song, and Lili Passero advanced with Man I Feel Like A Woman in Season 12. The only time I remember someone not making it through with a Shania song was the girl in the knockouts of season 10 which wasn’t a public votes. Even American Idol finalists have covered this song and done perfectly fine to move on. I think Kat with be just fine with this song.

And her post was just a thanksgiving post lolll

Lili Passero! She sang the man I feel like a woman song, in front of Shania, while she was sick. I think Kat will advance too, unless it’s a really bad performance.

Better to have a Shania song than a Faith Hill song.

I guess that's the silver lining. Though Adam did not mean to bus Reagan with a Faith Hill song, it's just Adam being Adam.

I hope Kat will advance to the Top 8. But that song did not do her any favors and may have weakened her chances.

---

Just last season Jacob Maxwell advanced with the same exact song, and Lili Passero advanced with Man I Feel Like A Woman in Season 12. The only time I remember someone not making it through with a Shania song was the girl in the knockouts of season 10 which wasn’t a public votes. Even American Idol finalists have covered this song and done perfectly fine to move on. I think Kat with be just fine with this song.

And her post was just a thanksgiving post lolll

Thanks! I feel a bit better now. :flowers: This is the first time I worry about a favorite's song since S15 Top 10.

Edited by season1

Yup, I think Marybeth is gonna have a "Love Me Like You Do" moment with her song.

Was that really a moment though :ph34rwave:

But I agree, both songs are somewhat similar so it will probably be on par with that performance. I just don't see the Selena song translating live honestly.

Holy sh*t, I didn’t even notice he was singing that. I guess Kat’s isn’t the worst song choice. Kelly is ready for Shane to go home, which is interesting, because she usually doesn’t use song choice as a bus tool.

Well, it's about time she is, the rest of us have been for weeks now :D

Edited by Ptones2010

I guess that's the silver lining. Though Adam did not mean to bus Reagan with a Faith Hill song, it's just Adam being Adam.

I hope Kat will advance to the Top 8. But that song did not do her any favors and may have weakened her chances.

---

Thanks! I feel a bit better now. :flowers: This is the first time I worry about a favorite's song since S15 Top 10.

The thing is, almost all Voice contestants are better vocalists than Shania, but they don’t have her performance abilities, and can’t pull off her sass. None of the contestants who’ve attempted Faith Hill songs on the show are in her league vocally. Both are equally risky for different reasons.

Btw, this week is not “challenge week.” In s14, t10 week was challenge week so I said that they should bring it back to add interesting song choices but they are not doing it this season. The solos for the rest of the season do not have a theme

Given these song choices, I think everybody's just referring the "challenge" it will be to sit through tonight's show.

It's better that you don't :ph34r:

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/344975/T...l-Like-a-Woman/

(poor Lilli was sick... but even then, that was hands down one of Adam's all-time worst song choices for his contestants.)

Listening to Kat’s again. I think her song choice is the worst one of all, tbh. The original is too familiar to people to try this. Who has been successful with a Shania song on this show? Anyone? Is Kat a country singer now?

Listened to Joana’s too. Not a fan of that one either.

Sounds like you have something against Kat. The studio sounds amazing and it’s smart to get country votes.

Edited by gabe0101

It's better that you don't :ph34r:

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/344975/T...l-Like-a-Woman/

(poor Lilli was sick... but even then, that was hands down one of Adam's all-time worst song choices for his contestants.)

It might not have been the best the song choice but Lilli managed to pull it off well.

Also the Instagram post season1 mentioned reads like a Thanksgiving post, but I could see how it could be mistaken as a goodbye post. Kat isn’t the kind of person to give up before she had the chance. She’ll nail the song.