American Idol Season 22 Showstopper/Final Judgment Discussion

istersay

9 minutes ago, indii said:

I will never get over the fact that out of the Joshua/Jess/Phillip final 3 Phillip ended up winning

I am STILL upset about that to this day. 😢 

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

MacKenzie is more marketable in the mainstream.  He's actually a better fit as a Pop singer than Blake.  MacKenzie has more personality.

Well yeah it's easy to market a guy that already has millions of followers from TikTok. :dead:

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

The way that Ziggy got pimped a lot more than a lot of the top 24 is kinda funny. 

Ahh yeah this is kinda insane. I remember Ziggy more than half of the Top 24, tbh. :dead: 

11 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Neither should be going home here. Pretty dumb considering some of the performances that went through.

Agreed.

10 minutes ago, indii said:

Ziggy not in the top 24 while KBlocks & Kennedy made it seems a little absurd

Seriously, this. As well as a few others. :ph34rwave:

9 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that Mackenzie’s first song was better than Ziggy’s.  But they both sang “Jealous” quite well.

Agreed with this. I give Mackenzie the edge for both performances. But I still think both deserved to make the Top 24.

6 minutes ago, indii said:

Excited for the show to finally be forced to air Elleigh in full in Hawaii :wub:

:dead: 

I bet they still find a way to under-edit her. :haha: 

7 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Well yeah it's easy to market a guy that already has millions of followers from TikTok. :dead:

It's mostly because of his Prank Videos.   That's where having personality comes in.  

Singing ability alone will only get you so far.  You have to be able to engage with audiences.  You have to be able to market yourself.

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

girl why would you say that 😭 she's gonna get eliminated now..

The country voter wagon is strong enough to negate my curse :yes:

My second fav is Elleigh though so expect her to be gone next week

Just hopping on! Julia and Abi still slayed through their sickness, y’all are way too critical on these singers. Abi lowered chers key by like 2 steps, Julia did the og key, stop hating, none of us can sing a note close to either of them bet you that! Disappointed about ziggy ! 

Welp, I’d bet money that K-Blocks and Elleigh go home in the next round lol. K-Blocks is too bizarre and Elleigh has been given a cannon fodder edit, plus her song choice for Hawaii is ridiculous. 

Vocally, Odell and Jayna are the two biggest standouts right now for me. Triston is my current prediction for the winner, though. He’s reminding me of winners like Scotty and Taylor who charmed the granny viewers and skated to the finale doing the same thing every week. He’s likable and has a charming personality. 

He’s not as obvious of a winner as Noah and Iam were, though, so that’s good. A surprise could still happen like when Maddie and Just Sam won their seasons. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Welp, I’d bet money that K-Blocks and Elleigh go home in the next round lol. K-Blocks is too bizarre and Elleigh has been given a cannon fodder edit, plus her song choice for Hawaii is ridiculous. 

Vocally, Odell and Jayna are the two biggest standouts right now for me. Triston is my current prediction for the winner, though. He’s reminding me of winners like Scotty and Taylor who charmed the granny viewers and skated to the finale doing the same thing every week. He’s likable and has a charming personality. 

He’s not as obvious of a winner as Noah and Iam were, though, so that’s good. A surprise could still happen like when Maddie and Just Sam won their seasons. 

Do you think Triston is a bigger threat than Will? I feel like Abi, Mckenna, KB and Will are the strongest ones overall left

5 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Do you think Triston is a bigger threat than Will? I feel like Abi, Mckenna, KB and Will are the strongest ones overall left

Triston definitely has a better edit than Will does. Will is a better singer than Triston is but his edit isn't really helping him much and it's not like Idol is known for picking the better singer so I donno. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Will is a threat too for sure but I think Triston’s personality will help him outlast Will. I could be totally wrong. Hell I wouldn’t be shocked to see them both in the finale. 

It’s so hard to tell with the girls this year because the ones they’re pimping hard like Abi, Emmy, KB, McKenna and Julia have all had one “off” performance so far that the judges critiqued them for. Jayna and Hailey have been shown to be consistent in each round but they’re not getting tons of screen time. Then you have girls who are obviously not winning like K-Blocks, Kennedy, and Elleigh. So the girls are kind of all over the place right now.

Edit: And then there’s Jennifer who could be a total dark horse.

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Will is a threat too for sure but I think Triston’s personality will help him outlast Will. I could be totally wrong. Hell I wouldn’t be shocked to see them both in the finale. 

It’s so hard to tell with the girls this year because the ones they’re pimping hard like Abi, Emmy, KB, McKenna and Julia have all had one “off” performance so far that the judges critiqued them for. Jayna and Hailey have been shown to be consistent in each round but they’re not getting tons of screen time. Then you have girls who are obviously not winning like K-Blocks, Kennedy, and Elleigh. So the girls are kind of all over the place right now.

The next 2 weeks will be more telling cause yeah hollywood ... everything from the edit to the performances have just been so up in arms

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Agreed. I felt better about the women after auditions but now I'm not sure what to think. 

32 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I think that Abi’s in the best position of those who were pimped hard but had one “off” performance.  She and Julia both had bronchitis as a valid excuse but Abi didn’t do an overdone song like Julia did.  The others had more serious problems.

Idol's FB page also didn't post videos except the sing-offs. They did posts congratulating the Top 24. Based on likes The Top 5 from tonight: Triston, Odell, Emmy, Will, & Jack. Triston has 6K+ likes. Odell has 4.5K. KB, Abi, Julia, & Mckenna are all around 1.5K-2.0K in likes.

All top 57 song list

Abi Carter (with guitar) - “If I Could Turn Back Time” by Cher

Ajii - “Too Close” by Alex Clare

Alto Moon - “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder

Alyssa Raghu - “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor

Anna Grace - “It’s A Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World” by James Brown

Ava Nicole Frances - “Snow Angel” by Reneé Rapp

B.K. WitDaVoice - “Sweet Love” by Anita Baker

Blake Proehl - “In My Blood” by Shawn Mendes

Bradley Rittmann -  “I’ll Make Love To You” by Boys To Men

Brant McCollough (with guitar) - “Let It Go” by James Blunt

Cate Gartner - “If You Go Down (I’m Goin’ Down Too)” by Kelsea Ballerini

Christine Umali - “It’s A Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World” by James Brown

Dawson Slade Mitchell - T.B.D.

Elleigh Francom (with guitar) - “Golden Slumbers” by The Beatles

Emery Robbins (with guitar) - “Neon Moon” by Brooks & Dunn

Emma Murdock - “Sign Of The Times” by Harry Styles

Emmy Russell (with guitar) - “More Hearts Than Mine” by Ingrid Andress

Hailey Mia - “Alive” by Sia

Hayley Rashel - “Ex’s And Oh’s” by Elle King

Hunter Behrman - “Who’s Lovin’ You?” by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles/The Jackson 5

Isaiah Case - “Lose Control” by Teddy Swims

Jack Blocker (with guitar) - “You Should’ve Seen The Other Guy” by Nathaniel Rateliff

Jaxon Wayne Boardman - “Band-Aid On A Bullet Hole” by Morgan Wallen

Jayna Elise Brown - “It’s All Coming Back To Me Now” by Pandora’s Box/Celine Dion/Meat Loaf & Marion Raven

Jennifer Jeffries (with guitar) - “Northern Attitude” by Noah Kahan

Jordan Anthony - “Love In The Dark” by Adele

Julia Gagnon - “And I Am Telling You (I’m Not Going)” by Jennifer Holliday/Jennifer Hudson (from ‘Dreamgirls’)

Julian Cross - “Fly Me To The Moon” by Kaye Ballard/Frank Sinatra/Tony Bennett

Justice Murphy - “Chain Of Fools” by Aretha Franklin

K.B. Richins - “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd/Shinedown

K-Blocks - “River” by Bishop Briggs

Kayko (with keyboard) - “Gives You Hell” by The All-American Reject

Kennedy Reid - “Total Eclipse Of The Heart” by Bonnie Tyler/Nicki French

Kenny Holland (with keyboard) - “Let It Be” by The Beatles

Laela Dasher - “Me And Bobby McGee” by Roger Miller/Janis Joplin

Mackenzie Sol - “With A Little Help From My Friends” by The Beatles/Joe Cocker

Max Dasher (with guitar) - “The Weight” by The Band

Mia Makana Matthews (with guitar) - “You Ain’t Woman Enough (To Take My Man)” by Loretta Lynn

McKenna Breinholt - “Anyone” by Demi Lovato

Micaela McCall - “Change The World” by Wynonna Judd/Eric Clapton

Michael Rice - “All By Myself” by Eric Carmen/Celine Dion

Mikayla Paige Ochs - “Gunpowder And Lead” by Miranda Lambert

Nars Taylor - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley

Nick Connors - “I’m Not The Only One” by Sam Smith

Nyachomba “Nya” Muchai-Kinya - “Get Ready” by The Temptations/Rare Earth

Odell Bunton, Jr. - “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by Nina Simone/Santa Esmeralda

Quintavious Johnson - “You Say” by Lauren Daigle

Reagan Mills - “You’re No Good” by Dee Dee Warwick/Linda Ronstadt

Ricky Moyer - “No More Drama” by Mary J. Blige

Roman Collins - “Come Together” by The Beatles/Aerosmith

Scarlett Lee - “Just A Fool” by Christina Aguilera & Blake Shelton

Sophia Ava Marie - “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word” by Elton John

Triston Harper (with guitar) - “By Your Grace” by Cody Johnson

Ty’Esha Lashay - “Call Out My Name” by The Weekend

Victoria Johnson - “Son Of A Preacher Man” by Dusty Springfield

Will Moseley (with guitar) - “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers

Ziggy Krassenberg - “This Is Me” by Kerala Settle/Kesha (from ‘The Greatest Showman’

Edited by Meme123