Abi Carter Fan Thread

Idol Maniac

i think for the dance theme Abi's best bet is going with some 2010s female vocal EDM vibes!

- Clarity by Zedd ft. Foxes

- Stay The Night by Hayley Williams ft. Foxes

- Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch

- I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding 

- Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey (Cedric Gervais Remix) 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, m1key said:

i think for the dance theme Abi's best bet is going with some 2010s female vocal EDM vibes!

i like clarity for her voice. i think she could nail that bc it has the room for a strong vocal build-up. not sure if the other suggestions would translate well into a live performance for a competition setting but they’re good songs. 

i think my ideal suggestion for her would prob be something upbeat that can fit the requirements of the theme but that still have a strong emotional resonance in lyrical themes. i was thinking maybe cough syrup by young the giant or even some paramore song. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I also feel like Can't get you outta my head by Kylie Minogue could be a really good choice too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

i like clarity for her voice. i think she could nail that bc it has the room for a strong vocal build-up. not sure if the other suggestions would translate well into a live performance for a competition setting but they’re good songs. 

i think my ideal suggestion for her would prob be something upbeat that can fit the requirements of the theme but that still have a strong emotional resonance in lyrical themes. i was thinking maybe cough syrup by young the giant or even some paramore song. 

ooh cough syrup and paramore in general would be great!!

with the EDM songs suggestions, i had it my mind that she'd be re-arranging them because the chorus' of those songs tend to have more music than words lol.

There we go! After two okay performances she delivered one of her best of the season. I think she could kill Paramore. Or what about a stripped back version of a Mamma Mia song? 

7 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

Abi has done Paramore songs before on the street — I saw a video of one such song on her YouTube channel.

Abi's performance is now at 3.1 million views/292k likes on the Idol TikTok! everyone like/comment/share (if possible) to boost it in the algorithm as much as possible. would love if we could bring in some passionate Gen Z voters into the fanbase 😍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

Abi's performance is now at 3.1 million views/292k likes on the Idol TikTok! everyone like/comment/share (if possible) to boost it in the algorithm as much as possible. would love if we could bring in some passionate Gen Z voters into the fanbase 😍

I don’t have TikTok, but oh wow!  🤩

1 hour ago, m1key said:

it crossed 2m views on instagram as well! and it’s doing amazing on facebook. it was truly the moment of the season for her.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

Please like and share her videos!!! The more shares the better!!!

Could you please advise her to sing  All I Ask for Adele Week? 🙏

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, hazuki said:

She probably already chose her song, so it's a little late to advise her to sing "All I Ask".  What I want from her is a song that has an emotional connection to her, and she can get behind the piano for this song, as Dance songs will allow her to work the stage without needing a guitar or piano.

2 hours ago, hazuki said:

all i ask would be a stunning pick!

also i don’t want to jump too far ahead but since top 5 week will be 2 disney songs and she already was open about wanting to do “when she loved me” for that theme (which is a really good pick), i hope she does “she’s so gone” from lemonade mouth as her 2nd disney song. she would slay this. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2024 at 11:31 PM, StarWalker1 said:

performance finally up!

the whole thing was great but I am literally obsessed with the first 30 seconds

• Like 3

22 hours ago, hazuki said:

What I love most about Abi is her creativity and drive.. the girl is a force in the best possible way. She is so passionate about her decisions. I promise you she will kill her choices for the week. Thank you so much for supporting her!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AuntTami said:

What I love most about Abi is her creativity and drive.. the girl is a force in the best possible way. She is so passionate about her decisions. I promise you she will kill her choices for the week. Thank you so much for supporting her!

You’re more than welcome.  I’m sure that she’ll kill her songs — as long as she doesn’t get ill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1