Abi Carter Fan Thread

Idol Maniac

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Ngl she mentioned the meaning and inspiration behind the song on her live stream and I did that connection as well but I also don’t wanna assume stuff because I don’t know anything about her relationship with her dad at all since she never shared any details about it. She did say that it’s about someone that should lift her up and help her out but that would constantly put her down (she said that she’s stoked to be releasing songs because she never thought she would get to do this when she was a little girl because the person the song is about would go on for days about how she sucks at singing). 

That was her dad who said she sucks at singing. Her dad was saying on Youtube that Abi's voice/instrument was damaged when she was born and how he'd always repeat that her instrument was damaged.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Sad 3

that's horrible if that really is the circumstance behind the song :( but so proud of her for being vulnerable enough to put this song out there! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, m1key said:

that's horrible if that really is the circumstance behind the song :( but so proud of her for being vulnerable enough to put this song out there! 

I was legit confused when you said the song is really cute because I thought it was about someone who abused Abi and her mom on my first listen. This song is as powerful as AuntTami suggested it would be. I'm shook. It took major courage from Abi to put this song out there for people to listen to.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

I was legit confused when you said the song is really cute because I thought it was about someone who abused Abi and her mom on my first listen. This song is as powerful as AuntTami suggested it would be. I'm shook. It took major courage from Abi to put this song out there for people to listen to.

yeah that is my bad lol - if im being honest i was only taking in the production and her vocals during the first listen. i wasn't processing the lyrics quite yet.  

Posted (edited)

can anyone figure what she's saying in the last line before the 2nd chorus? "i wish you left her....." i can't understand the word she's saying after her because it's a alongated note LOL, is it alone?

Edited by wildestinvegas

9 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

can anyone figure what she's saying in the last line before the 2nd chorus? "i wish you left her....." i can't understand the word she's saying after her because it's a alongated note LOL, is it alone?

It is alone. "I wish you left her alone."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Just subscribed to her youtube channel, and i love the song, it sounds like something Katy would do, perfect for her

Edited by wgm
had to add more
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

I wish you’d left her alone

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, KelseyW said:

She said in a live on Instagram that a music video is coming out today too!!

Wow!

14 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

Holy hell. It sounds like Abi is singing about her dad abusing her mom and herself with these lyrics. I don't see how she loses if they bring up the backstory around this. It sounds like a self-empowerment anthem for her and her mom and continues the story thread across the season about Abi helping her mom get through the worst of an abusive relationship.

Her dad abused her mom and herself?  I fully support the divorce then!  I would recommend divorce for all cases of abuse!

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've been listening to This isn't Over repeatedly a lot. It's such a powerful song that ties into Abi's story so well. Dare I say Abi can compete with this song in the third round even against Will's song even though it is going on about how important the Bible is. I think Abi will be going up against Jack though.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 4

Wow Abi's music video and her single is fantastic! Best single out of the three by a really large margin. That's gonna hit over a million views all over social media hands down easily and will be viral. It's a hit song that's very relatable. I put it on repeat so many times. I can't wait for her to win American Idol. I know she has it in the bag since Producers are pimping the crap out of her and all. They did give her best single of the three. I know Minivan will eat this up. It's charting pretty high too. I'm not even worried or nervous for her chances. I'm very confident and 100% certain about how high her chances are.

• Thanks 2

the video is bad and low budget but all the other finalists videos are just as cheap LOL. anyways, i hope y'all are ready to vote tomorrow. get those email accounts ready! we can do more than 30 votes each if we really want to LOL

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

the video is bad and low budget but all the other finalists videos are just as cheap LOL. anyways, i hope y'all are ready to vote tomorrow. get those email accounts ready! we can do more than 30 votes each if we really want to LOL

Will do! I've got over 1000 emails to vote. I'm ready for my fingers to fall off :P 

• Thanks 1