Abi Carter Fan Thread

Idol Maniac

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AD25 said:

What do you guys think could be some good Disney songs for her to cover and dominate with next week? 

When she loved me or Reflection for the ballad

For an uptempo maybe Poor unforunate souls!

Edited by StarWalker1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, AuntTami said:

It’s Voting Day!!! Get the word out to vote for Abi Carter #8 from 5pm PST/ 8pm EST to 6:45pm/ 9:45pm. Let’s get our girl through to Disney Week!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6jifyRJ7Ij/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So glad she made it!

You should get on touch with her or her mom and suggest she sings "Creep" by Radiohead featured on Guardians Of Galaxy Vol 3 for one of her 2 songs for Disney Week. Last years winner (Iam Tongi) sang a song featured on the soundtrack of Guardians of Galaxy Vol 2 for one of his Disney songs because Marvel is owed by Disney so that's allowed! She has a fantastic cover of the song on her youtube page and I think this would totally seal her spot on the finale. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

I completely agree that she would kill Creep! It's one of my personal favorite covers she has ever done. I have no idea though the song choices she is doing this week, but I know anything she performs is going to be epic! I also believe she has already submitted her song choices. I am assuming with the busy schedule of being at Disney World this week, it had to be locked in early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

I completely agree that she would kill Creep! It's one of my personal favorite covers she has ever done. I have no idea though the song choices she is doing this week, but I know anything she performs is going to be epic! I also believe she has already submitted her song choices. I am assuming with the busy schedule of being at Disney World this week, it had to be locked in early.

That makes sense! Can’t wait to see what she’s gonna sing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

random asf but i love her different outfits/hairstyles every week. she seems to really like to experiment with them and they’re always a serve. queen sh*t tbh. 

I love it too! It's always such a complete package between hair, makeup, outfits, and production. It shows how much of an entertainer she is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

That makes sense! Can’t wait to see what she’s gonna sing. 

I think she would do so well with When She Loved Me (from Toy Story 2), Part of Your World (from The Little Mermaid), or Reflections (from Mulan). Hopefully one of those could be an official song selection for Disney night! 

Edited by AD25
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AuntTami said:

I agree that it makes sense for Abi to submit her song choices early.  I think that she’ll have a blast at Disneyland or Disney World.  I’ve gone to Disney World so many times and I always had fun!  And I went to Disneyland after moving to Oregon once and had fun there too.  Sadly, I didn’t get to see Moana at Disneyland — it was her day off.

I heard Abi sing “Creep” on YouTube, she was great!

• Like 2

I think she could do a pretty version of How Far I’ll Go and her riffs would be gorgeous on Part of Your World. Obviously When She Loved Me is a perfect song. I am just dying to hear her do She Used To Be Mine from Waitress, personally. That being said she is kind of killing these punk rock ish songs and I’m here for it. 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2024 at 7:19 PM, KelseyW said:

I'm glad I gave Julia ten votes. Such a shame though. :(

NOW SING SOMETHING FROM HERCULES AND KICK ARSE ABI. lol

Julia was so amazing!! I’m sad also she was eliminated.

It’s so funny you mentioned Hercules. I have no idea what Abi is singing this week but I would love to hear her do the “I can go the distance” song from Hercules!! I have heard her sing it before and I just loved it!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/6/2024 at 2:25 PM, AD25 said:

I think she would do so well with When She Loved Me (from Toy Story 2), Part of Your World (from The Little Mermaid), or Reflections (from Mulan). Hopefully one of those could be an official song selection for Disney night! 

I do not know her song choice, but she does have a sister named Ariel JS 😂 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AuntTami said:

I do not know her song choice, but she does have a sister named Ariel JS 😂 

That’s funny.

Anyway, we heard that Abi wanted to sing “When She Loved Me” if she made it to Disney Week, so I’m assuming that she’ll be doing that song.  I just don’t know what her other choice would be.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

That’s funny.

Anyway, we heard that Abi wanted to sing “When She Loved Me” if she made it to Disney Week, so I’m assuming that she’ll be doing that song.  I just don’t know what her other choice would be.

She definitely wanted to sing that song and I can attest she does it beautifully… however I honestly don’t know what she landed on or which songs were approved. At this point the family is trying to let it be a surprise each week because it so fun and exciting so we know probably less than you all. Personally I would choose When She Loved Me, I Can Go The Distance, You’ll be in my Heart or Creep because those are favorites of mine, but Abs is her own women and she makes super smart choices so whatever it ends up being it’s going to be AMAZING!!! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think last year for Double Disney they made one of their Disney picks a dedication. Maybe When She Loved Me will be Abi's second dedication to her deceased grandma, who passed away after Hawaii week. If Abi channels what affection she felt for her grandma, I'm sure it'll be a moving performance.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, MalwareDie said:

I think last year for Double Disney they made one of their Disney picks a dedication. Maybe When She Loved Me will be Abi's second dedication to her deceased grandma, who passed away after Hawaii week. If Abi channels what affection she felt for her grandma, I'm sure it'll be a moving performance.

That would be so sweet.