RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 16

Solaris

Just now, *Lily said:

Can’t believe it took this long for an I Wanna Dance with Somebody lip sync too

omgg seriously? In all of the Drag Race franchises? That seems like a song that would have been used multiple times by now. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

omgg seriously? In all of the Drag Race franchises? That seems like a song that would have been used multiple times by now. :haha: 

I think it got used on one of the international seasons (Holland I believe?) but first time on US which is crazy to me! It’s such a classic lip sync song!

not only does she survive until Snatch Game but she's in the TOP??? fever dream

Dawn was terrible in the challenge. Didn't even pretend to change her voice/inflection/cadence at all. I like sh!t-stirring Dawn in untucked when she's saying stuff right to peoples' faces, but all the talking heads of her complaining about other queens is coming across bitter and annoying instead of c*nty. 

Meanwhile Plane is slightly growing on me. And Plasma I just don't know what to do with because I agree with Wallace that her Patti felt like groundhog's day with the rest of her characters. This was the chance to go really out of the box and she didn't take it. 

Morphine is stunning in drag and Xunami is stunning out of drag. Sad to see them against each other but Morphine earned that win and honestly her snatch game wasn't even THAT bad to me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

I think it got used on one of the international seasons (Holland I believe?) but first time on US which is crazy to me! It’s such a classic lip sync song!

Oooh wow, yeah that's all really shocking to me. :omg: I would have thought it would have been used on the US season and many other international seasons. :lmao: 

Overall ranking at this point:

1. Plane Jane

2. Q - She is such a mess on social media right now and I live

3. Morphine Love Dion

4. Mhi’ya

5. Sapphira Cristal

6. Nymphia Wind :( 

7. Plasma

8. Dawn

Morphine’s snatch game was better than Nymphia, Xunami, and Dawn’s at LEAST. I have no idea why she was in the bottom two.

I’m surprised that people are over Plasma sticking to her strengths considering the past favourites on this board such as Jinkx, Symone and Jaida did the exact same on their original seasons and showed very little versatility when it came to creating a character.

Overall

01. Nymphia

02. Plasma

03. Morphine

04. Plane Jane

05. Q
06. Dawn
07. Mhi’yah
08. Sapphira

Edited by Zoey

1. Plane Jane: It's time to crown her.
  2. Sapphira: I thought this was going to be her first win, oh well!
  3. Q: Runway was great as always, and snatch game was safe.
  4. Nymphia: Her runway saved her. 
  5. Plasma: You call yourself a Broadway babe and you went nowhere with your Patti beside embodying Joanne from Company. And she knows that she could have went further with Patti while still respecting her? The Cellphone?!? The equity union?!? ALW?!? Sunset Boulevard?!? Sondheim?!?  I was so so so disappointed as I was excited to seeing Patti being impersonated.  Her runway was good but it could have been more camp to really stick. 
  6. Morphine: They were a bit too harsh on her Anna, imo.  Looked stunning on the runway and killed the lipsync.
  7. Xunami: Not her week but still a bright light. 
  8. Mhi'yah: I know you all love her but yeah, she's starting to overstay her welcome. I didn't think her snatch game was that great, and her runway was just okay. At least she gave us PERSONALITY.
  9. Dawn: I just can't. There's no versatility in the makeup department.  Talked a big game about Meghan Mccain and she literally did nothing to read her as she wanted to do... 

3 hours ago, Zoey said:

I’m surprised that people are over Plasma sticking to her strengths considering the past favourites on this board such as Jinkx, Symone and Jaida did the exact same on their original seasons and showed very little versatility when it came to creating a character.

I don’t have a problem with how she’s doing in the competition, I just find her kind of annoying personally. :haha: 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, #jeah said:

Overall ranking at this point:

2. Q - She is such a mess on social media right now and I live

Oh dear, I wonder what this is about. :haha: 

4 hours ago, Zoey said:

Good point. I know she gets a lot of comparisons to Jinkx, so I only compare Jinkx/Plasma, but I feel like Jinkx has shown far more versatility with her characters. Good points on Symone and Jaida. I guess with all of them being my favorite (or amongst my faves) of their season, that I didn't really mind or care about their lack of versatility. :haha: 

24 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I don’t have a problem with how she’s doing in the competition, I just find her kind of annoying personally. :haha: 

I more or less feel the same way. But even though Plasma kinda annoys me, she's still in the top half of rankings for me, lol. :haha: 

The more low comments/rankings of Dawn I see, the more I agree and wonder how she hasn't been in the Bottom 3 yet. 🤔 I can't really remember Dawn doing anything noteworthy or memorable (I guess the doll design challenge)? But she's mostly been "just there" for me.

Dawn should've been in the bottom two over Morphine, don't @ me.

Mhi'ya should've just lied and said she was doing Trina herself. It's not like anyone involved on the show would know the difference (or even care).

I feel like we're at the halfway point and I'm just not feeling this season. Plane Jane and Sapphira are carrying it, and I shudder to think what'll happen should one (or both) of them go pre-finale.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 5:34 PM, *Lily said:

The LaLa Ri experience to this number has been on my Drag Race wishlist for too long

You just know it would've been an iconic lip sync if it happened in the Silky Nutmeg Ganache Variety Hour of AS6.

I was ready to hate on Plasma for the Barbra skit and she shut me up. I was ready to watch her crash and burn for the Rusical and she shut me up. So then I was ready to watch her blow me away with Snatch Game and it was just safe. There's still more weeks to impress tho

Meanwhile I can't get Morphine's lip sync out of my head, I think I'm starting to stan. Comes in advertised as the face/body queen but then is stunting on the competition out of nowhere. Even while wearing another cheap-looking unlined garment! When will your fave??

• Like 1

22 hours ago, *Wallace said:

The more low comments/rankings of Dawn I see, the more I agree and wonder how she hasn't been in the Bottom 3 yet. 🤔 I can't really remember Dawn doing anything noteworthy or memorable (I guess the doll design challenge)? But she's mostly been "just there" for me.

Even the doll design challenge was weak, and shouldn't have been in the top imo. 

• Like 1

The goth design challenge was a pretty strong design challenge episode. Dawn, Sapphira, Nymphia and Q all did really great and loved all of their looks. I thought any of them had a chance of winning. But I was not surprised about Q winning the challenge. Lol Dawn will totally be seething about Q winning over her. :giggle: I'm really glad Nymphia slayed and made a comeback this week. I was not going to give up on her!

There was a very obvious Bottom 2 with Mhi'ya and Plasma, so I was not surprised that they were the Bottom 2 this week. I did really like Mhi'ya's look (thanks to Sapphira's help) but I get how she looked like she didn't get her presentation with her runway.  Plasma's look was definitely the weakest and it was just all over the place and didn't make sense as "goth" to me. I appreciate that she finally took a risk and did the design all on her own. 

"Bloody Mary" was the perfect lip sync song for this theme. OMG NOT Mhi'ya with the Sasha Velour pedals moment.  :dead: LOL Mhi'ya was really pulling off all of the stops and tricks here as expected and was so fun to watch. Gah I wanted more from Plasma. She did well and had some funny moments in there but didn't have as many wow moments. OMGGG WHOA, Mhi'ya survives hyet another li sync and another week! :shock: This is a shock! And Plasma out THIS soon? Ooooh shizz. This is a real shocker. :omg: Even though I think Plasma could come off as annoying, I do feel really bad for her. She had a really strong run but then took a risk, misfired and got eliminated on her first bad week. That's such a shame. :( I know people said they were expecting a downfall for her to come but I was not expecting it THIS soon. I do think Plasma had a great run but I also think we've seen the very best of her and I don't think she really had much else (different) to bring. It does still suck because I still would rather see Plasma continue on more over the likes of Dawn, Morphine and (even underdog fave) Mhi'ya.

But oh well, I'm just glad my three favorites are still in and hope they are until the final.

My current overall ranks:

1. Sapphira 
2. Nymphia 
3. Plane 
4. Plasma
5. Q 
6. Mhi'ya 
7. Morphine 
8. Dawn 

I actually really came to like Plasma and I'm sad to see her go, but unfortunately every queen who stands against the Queen of Flips must fall ❤️ 

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 2

Overall:

1. Sapphira - When she becomes the first queen to win both the crown & Miss Congeniality >>>

2. Mhi'ya - A lot of people mad that she's bodying these girls every week in the lip-sync!

3. Plane - Not her best week, but that's saying something in itself because she's still killing it for the mostpart.

4. Nymphia - Gorgeous look this week, could have won.

5. Morphine - I thought she did a decent job. I'm still enjoying Morphine but fear her time is up soon, although I feel like she's being set up to be the one to take out Mhi'ya.

6. Dawn - I loved her look this week, but still need to see more from her.

7. Q - So I did like this look from her. But I don't think I was quite as wowed as the judges were.

I feel soooo bad for the queens having to do another design challenge but they are probably my favorite haha sorry queens!!

Although having the theme be goth meant a lot of black. Black detailing rarely pops on camera so it’s not a surprise that Q and Sapphira made more of a big visual impact than, say, Dawn or Nymphia.

Q’s was probably the most well-made and was definitely unique so I’m not surprised it won. But I honestly hated the aesthetic lol but I also loved that it stood out and made a statement?? Haha idk I felt the same way about Nymphia’s cactus look a few weeks back. Like “wow I hate this but i like that it’s grand and different and intentional”

I don’t think Plasma’s was even that bad! I liked that she tried something new and I think she almost got there if not for the 100% wrong wig. The problem was that everyone was pretty great this week so she was gonna be low regardless of what direction she went 

Plane giving plasma that wig and Sapphira helping Mhi’ya… wow they are the ones who are really playing the game this season