The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

On 5/6/2024 at 9:34 PM, Mathacoo200315 said:

New Camila album coming out JUNE 28.

Some people are gonna luv it luv it luv it luv it and some are gonna hate it hate it hate it hate it 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feder said:

Random question: have “Emotions” by Mariah even been performed ? 

Nobody's had the balls to try. Very few have had the pipes to pull it off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feder said:

No, and I can't really think of any recent or past contestant that has the skillset to cover it.

A big maybe on Makenzie Thomas or Chechi Sarai. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

No, and I can't really think of any recent or past contestant that has the skillset to cover it.

The two that came to mind for me as well. Makenzie was definitely more consistent.

• Like 1

Just saw a video of Matt McAndrew pop up on my YouTube home page & started thinking about just how miserable season 7 was. I don't think I've ever cared less about a cast than I cared about nearly the entire top 12 from that season

A Craig/Matt/Chris/Damien/Taylor top 5 has to be the worst Top 5 in the history of the show, right? I remember being completely checked out after like the first week of lives

33 minutes ago, indii said:

Just saw a video of Matt McAndrew pop up on my YouTube home page & started thinking about just how miserable season 7 was. I don't think I've ever cared less about a cast than I cared about nearly the entire top 12 from that season

A Craig/Matt/Chris/Damien/Taylor top 5 has to be the worst Top 5 in the history of the show, right? I remember being completely checked out after like the first week of lives

In my opinión, S19's Top 5 was the absolute worse. Desz was the only good one there.

I can see why someone would say that S7's Top 5 was the worst (it's probably a candidate for second worst of all time) and yeah, not really a big fan of the season when it aired. But i disagree on Matt, he was my favorite and probably my first snowflake ever (one of the few times where my snowflake was a male contestant). And i think somehow all contestants on the Top 5 got their moments to shine through the competition, even if i was not a fan of most of them.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

In my opinión, S19's Top 5 was the absolute worse. Desz was the only good one there.

I can see why someone would say that S7's Top 5 was the worst (it's probably a candidate for second worst of all time) and yeah, not really a big fan of the season when it aired. But i disagree on Matt, he was my favorite and probably my first snowflake ever (one of the few times where my snowflake was a male contestant). And i think somehow all contestants on the Top 5 got their moments to shine through the competition, even if i was not a fan of most of them.

Matt is actually the only one I didn't dislike in that top 5 (I thought he was just okay though)

S19's Final 5 was also pretty bad but I think I liked DeSz & Carter more than anyone in Season 7's and there also isn't anybody I dislike in S19's final 5 more than I disliked Chris & Taylor. Season 7 was just awful, that top 5 doesn't even include Ryan, Sugar, & Reagan, who are 3 of the worst singers I've ever seen make the lives

Edited by indii

Just now, indii said:

Matt is actually the only one I didn't dislike in that top 5 (I thought he was just okay though)

S19's Final 5 was also pretty bad but I think I liked DeSz & Carter more than anyone in Season 7's and there also isn't anybody I dislike in S19's final 5 more than I disliked Chris & Taylor. Season 7 was just awful, that top 5 doesn't even include Ryan, Sugar, Reagan, who are 3 of the worst singers I've ever seen make the lives

I don't blame you for disliking Taylor and Chris, almost a decade later after the season happened i can say that they were overrated asf. And Damien sucks as well.

Nah, ok, i hated S7 probably as much as you, i just convinced myself that i didn't but not pretending anymore. The sausage season was awful outside of Matt and some other few singers.

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

i don’t think Makenzie could do it but i trust Chechi with it

7 hours ago, Feder said:

It's like one of the all time hardest songs to do ... highly advise anyone to sing it

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

i don’t think Makenzie could do it but i trust Chechi with it

Makenzie doesn't have the whistle but her headvoice could be a substitute and she's definitely got the runs and transitions down... Also she did cover Vision of love and Mariah and Patti's version of got to be real.. probably the best live Mariah Carey covers on TVUSA.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Makenzie doesn't have the whistle but her headvoice could be a substitute and she's definitely got the runs and transitions down... Also she did cover Vision of love and Mariah and Patti's version of got to be real.. probably the best live Mariah Carey covers on TVUSA.

if someone does emotions and doesnt whistle i will campaign against them

doing some mariah songs is very different than others. a lot of her iconic covers (without you eg) and some of her songs dont require whistling. but when she does whistle in a song its an integral part of it. replacing it with head voice is imo unforgivable

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

doing some mariah songs is very different than others. a lot of her iconic covers (without you eg) and some of her songs dont require whistling. but when she does whistle in a song its an integral part of it. replacing it with head voice is imo unforgivable

Ok Queenmae. 

But fair enough.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

This is one of these rare ocassions where we agree on something. You can't do the whistle on "Emotions"? Don't even bother to cover it. There is plenty of songs you can do instead. Let that one for someone capable to do it justice. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

This is one of these rare ocassions where we agree on something. You can't do the whistle on "Emotions"? Don't even bother to cover it. There is plenty of songs you can do instead. Let that one for someone capable to do it justice. 

Olivia Soli from AI changed the whistle into the belting and it kinda worked

Edit: nvm it feels like a crime lol

Edited by allistr

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

ntm on craig wayne boyd i think he’s one of the best male country singers i’ve seen on the show

On the IDF scale that's like being at the top of the dumpster tier.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, allistr said:

No bestie, it didn't work.

(I know you edited your comment but just in case)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, allistr said:

Even if you ignore that I still didn't like the performance :stealth:

It's just a really hard song I think.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I believe I was recently blocked from accessing The Voice Season 25 Prediction Game thread. I wrote @istersaya personal message. Is there anyone else I should talk to hopefully regain access rights again? I do admit I have submitted a lot of take down posts requests in the past which I now regret. All I want is to be a good standing IDF community member who follows community guidelines! 

Edited by AD25
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Even if you ignore that I still didn't like the performance :stealth:

It's just a really hard song I think.

Yeah, it was not really good. Period. Which is a shame because she is a talented vocalist, but Mariah is Mariah.

• Like 3