The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

13 minutes ago, Discovolcano2 said:

She wasn’t disrespected by the audience. They just didn’t want to vote her as much as others

I agree with this tbh. Allegra was more so screwed over by TPTB rather than the voters. It wasn't that the voters disliked her or disrespected her, it was just that there were other contestants who were more memorable and impactful to the audience🤷‍♂️ She def would've made it further had she gotten more screen time pre-lives imo. 

Anyways, I think The Voice alumni on S21 will definitely be shown more and make it further than the alumni of last season! Interested to see how they do 🤔

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

he sang strawberry wine in the auditions which was fine, but somehow luke bryan convinced him that he had to be a country singer as a result so he sang country for the rest of the season

I didn't watch that season, but just looking at the page, I really hope he didn't ruin You'll Be In My Heart... 😭

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I didn't watch that season, but just looking at the page, I really hope he didn't ruin You'll Be In My Heart... 😭

Honestly Mike’s first two aired performances (Strawberry Wine and Burning House) were pretty good, then all the song choices after were blah. He overstayed his welcome for sure.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, nytsch said:

For the sake of your ears and your sanity, please don't watch it. In fact, i'd avoid half of the Disney performances from Idol because watching my childhood's songs being murdered like that hurts a lot. 

15 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

For the sake of your ears and your sanity, please don't watch it. In fact, i'd avoid half of the Disney performances from Idol because watching my childhood's songs being murdered like that hurts a lot. 

I only like Nicolina's performance among them.

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I agree with this tbh. Allegra was more so screwed over by TPTB rather than the voters. It wasn't that the voters disliked her or disrespected her, it was just that there were other contestants who were more memorable and impactful to the audience🤷‍♂️ She def would've made it further had she gotten more screen time pre-lives imo. 

Someone liked her, because she was signed by 19 Recordings, Idol’s in-house label. Maybe there was an internal struggle between the haters and the backers?  It seems weird to sign someone that your own show cut off at the knees.

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

(I know you don't think the same, but ok)

If he'd put the same care in his vocal performance that he did in his ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Battle with Sydney as he did in his other performances (instead of his stupid, pointless theatrics), I wouldn't have thought that way.

Christian/Jason original video.

http://web.archive.org/web/20170112195625/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6savx6aWys&feature=applinks

Sheeeesh look at the views. These are stats as of Jan, 2017. This battle was posted in Oct, 2016, and it already surpassed Bryan/Malik, Mark/Celeste, Alisan/Lacy in such a short amount of time.

Of course this isn't full success because for 2023 the video is on private, and it was only archived in Jan, 2017, and we won't know how much it ended up getting eventually, but stiil, something is better than nothing. 

EDIT: Just found July, 2017 stats (Was watching Jordan's battles and it was in recommendations), at that time it reached 13,168,924 views.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

Back then title used to be normal, like the title for this battle was: 

The Voice 2016 Battle - Christian Cuevas vs. Jason Warrior: "Hello"

Meanwhile in 2019:
Battle of the Beards: Corey Jackson vs. Zach Bridges - The Voice Battles 2019
Funny thing is, Corey didn't even have a beard.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Back then title used to be normal, like the title for this battle was: 

The Voice 2016 Battle - Christian Cuevas vs. Jason Warrior: "Hello"

Meanwhile in 2019:
Battle of the Beards: Corey Jackson vs. Zach Bridges - The Voice Battles 2019
Funny thing is, Corey didn't even have a beard.

Had the titles not been like now, we would not have got the terms like "Kelly Bugs", "Kique Riffs", "Kique Pulls Off", or "Kique Pulls" :lmao:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cookie73 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No additional Voice Alums are in the Idol Top 26 (sorry Samuel and Presley fans) but 5 alums is still impressive

That’s unfortunate. Honesty if there was anyone who I was sure would make it, it was him. Idol seemed like the perfect place for him

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Rodney said:

With Luke, Katy, and Lionel as the judges?  Unlikely.

It seems like country singers thrive a lot on that show as well. What is the favoritism towards country singers like on Idol compared to The Voice?

Edited by Cookie73

14 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

It seems like country singers thrive a lot on that show as well. What is the favoritism towards country singers like on Idol compared to The Voice?

It’s very similar (talking strictly about the FOX era). 3 out of the 4 non-COVID seasons had country winners, and the one that didn’t had two country artists in the Top 3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

It’s very similar (talking strictly about the FOX era). 3 out of the 4 non-COVID seasons had country winners, and the one that didn’t had two country artists in the Top 3. 

This is why I don’t think the voice dynamic will change much when Blake leaves. If anything it will get worse, as his fanbase won’t carry more unique contestants through anymore. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seak05 said:

This is why I don’t think the voice dynamic will change much when Blake leaves. If anything it will get worse, as his fanbase won’t carry more unique contestants through anymore. 

But at least the coaches will all be on about equal footing once he's gone.  No idiot Blakers to automatically guarantee his team's survival since . . . you know . . . he won't have any teams anymore.

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

But at least the coaches will all be on about equal footing once he's gone.  No idiot Blakers to automatically guarantee his team's survival since . . . you know . . . he won't have any teams anymore.

I guess if all you care about is coach representation/diversity then sure. If you care about contestant representation though, then country singers (male) will still be voted through, and we are less likely to get a Bodie type 

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

yeah i mean as someone who really loved rowan’s battle and liked her blind, i think she overstayed her welcome. imo rowan should’ve 100% been in the bottom 4 during top 13 week over kique.

spwaking of him, someone of his vocal caliber easily should’ve been in the finale imo. i think kique, omar, justin, kim, bodie, morgan were the top 6 vocalists among the top 13, but i feel like kique is often left out of the conversation.

anyway, curious to see what happens after blake leaves. i’m not optimistic but i’ll still enjoy the show for the singing. just hoping it stays afloat after he leaves.

• Like 2