Updated At Last: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions - #10-6 POSTED!

Someone648

Part 20: 20-16

20. Preston Pohl (Season 5, Electric Feel by MGMT)

Cee-Lo and Adam's reaction the song at the beginning is 100% my reaction. It's a great song that was definitely heightened by Preston's unique alternative vibe and rich, soulful growls that aren't present in the original at all. On paper, I don't think it was a combo that made much sense, but thankfully, Preston pulled it off and continues to stay in mind all these years later. Preston's presence on the show wasn't as long as I feel it should've been, but Adam had a really strong team that season, so I can't fault him that much. Doesn't help that Preston got what I consider to be one of the worst songs of the decade as his playoff song, but oh well. This guy still left a rock solid impression on me and this is a fun one to return to!:

Clues:

SCREW - Refers to dialogue between him, Cee-Lo, and Blake about DJ Screw

MANAGEMENT: Refers to the band's name (MGMT -> Management)

POLE: Refers to his last name (Pole = Pohl)

19. Dana Harper (Season 11, Jealous by Nick Jonas)

For a really understated audition, Dana's voice still left a big mark on me. So much range and yet she kept it very lowkey for her audition. This song shouldn't have worked this well for anyone, but this was a very successful flip and I loved every second of it. The deep runs and those big notes in the same 90 seconds? Ooooh. Instant attention-grabber. Also, that deep "so there is no one else but you" line is such a strong highlight ad one of my favorite moments from any audition on this show for sure. Dana definitely deserved better. The fact that her "Alive" battle got montaged when it seems like she clearly killed it is awful. She had a really great knockout and even though her song choice for playoffs was a bit of a bus, I felt she deserved a top 12 spot. Oh well.

Clues:

MAVERICK: Her dad played for the Dallas Mavericks.

DADDY: Oh, the iconic "daddy" mistake. One of the funniest things I've seen on the show.

DEREK: Her father's name is Derek Harper.

18. Madi Davis (Season 9, It's Too Late by Carole King)

Madi's voice is coffee house perfection and everything about this performance was 100% on point. Her vocals, song choices, stage presence, even what she wore... all of it just fit perfectly. She greatly managed to show off exactly who she was in those 90 seconds and the fact that she only turned Pharrell and Gwen is shocking to me. I'm thrilled that Pharrell treated her right during the show and personally, she has one of my favorite runs on the show song choice-wise of all time. And she nailed pretty much all of them. Season 9 was a total bloodbath (for second place, at least) and that semifinals night remains one of the most iconic I can remember in this show's history. I would've loved to have seen her in the top 4 alongside Jordan, Amy, and Jeffery or Emily Ann. Also, peep her brother's screech/howl/roar/audible excitement at 0:21 in her audition. That's super iconic in its own right.

Clues:

KING: She sang a Carole King song

TARDY: She sang "It's Too Late"

ANNE: She often performs using her middle name ("Madi Anne Davis")

17. Bella DeNapoli (Season 21, Damaged by Danity Kane)

🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌🤌

Bella did something rare here, which I feel is "give a perfect pop vocal." The song's not a powerhouse anthem, it's closer to a club/dance pop track. The way she stripped it down and still managed to make it a powerful vocal was nothing short of incredible. And with another one of my weaknesses being semi-obscure/often-forgotten 2000's throwbacks, I was fully onboard with her from the first run. We simply don't get strong pop singers on this show that often anymore. Bella really stood out and continued that into her battle round - which I also think is one of the best the show's ever had. Shame the last two performances failed to measure up, but what she did here was super great and this is an incredible throwback.

Clues:

DIDDY - Danity Kane was famously created by Diddy on "Making the Band"

MARGHERITA - The famous Neapolitan pizza. Neapolitan -> Naples -> Napoli -> DeNapoli 🤌

DESECRATED - aka "Damaged" 

16. Girl Named Tom (Season 21, Helplessly Hoping by Crosby, Stills, and Nash)

Easily the best trio/group that this show has ever seen, and possibly the most deserving winners we've had the pleasure of watching. The harmonies here were impeccable and maybe the most masterful thing we've seen on this show. Their voices just shut me up and force me to listen carefully and take it all in. It's the closest thing to an "experience" as you can get watching the show. Just incredible. Their three pre-taped performances are each perfect and unique and they continued to prove their worthiness of the title throughout their whole run. That one moment of silence after they finished (only to be interrupted by Kelly's "oh my god") was powerful and says a lot. This audition is proof that after more than 10 years, over 20 seasons, and surely over a thousand contestants... this show is still capable of attracting phenomenal young talent and producing iconic performances such as this.

Clues:

FOURTH: They are Kelly's fourth winning contestant(s)

CUBED: Cubed = to the power of 3... it's a trio? Get it?

CHRISTMAS: They performed "One More Christmas" on the show in Season 22.

• Like 1

Updated Points for Part 20:

Maybe I should've done the points change earlier in the game...
@FloorWax 115

@allistr 9

@Dalton Eduardo 27

@Gustavo527 5

@nytsch 9

@rp3598 5

@thevoiceisthetop 15

@AliXRose 4

@VintageVoice 2

@Maxwell 4

@Mistake006 7

@Teraginn 5

@kirpik 2

@erik g 1

@QueenCami 3

@Adam Bruce 4

@season1 1

@taylanastan 2

@Dai 6

This round:

FloorWax: 40

thevoiceisthetop: 5

Also, I'm aware a lot of y'all aren't playing anymore, so if you'd like me to untag you, just lemme know and I'll leave your name untagged so you don't get a notification in the future lol

Edited by Someone648

• Someone648 changed the title to Part 20 (#20-16) Results Posted: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions
4 hours ago, rp3598 said:

I’m always late but I know I don’t understand most of the clues

Yeah, in retrospect I feel like I should've changed up the points values earlier on and also would've made things a little different somehow. Just so it's all a bit balanced.

That being said, I do encourage y'all to keep trying since I plan on dropping more clues real soon. ;)

• Like 2

Part 21 Hints (#15-11):

10 points will be awarded for correct guesses.

15. Flight

14. Seated

13. Taurus

12. Shady (awarded)

11. Vibing (awarded)

(and yes I tried making these a bit harder)

Bonus Hints:

-Three auditions within this group (#11-15) occurred within those same seasons (seasons 11-15)

-ONE of these auditions' season number matches up exactly with its placement on the list (as in, maybe it's a season 9 audition coming in at #9... season 10 audition coming in at #10, etc.)

-Two auditions in this group come from the same season

-No four chairs here (*gasp!*)

-One of these songs has been previously covered on this list (check the OP to see which songs have already been posted!)

Edited by Someone648

• Someone648 changed the title to New Hints for Part 21 (#15-11) Results Posted: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions