Updated At Last: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions - #10-6 POSTED!

Someone648

Part 18: 30-26

30. Reid Umstattd (Season 14, Take Me To the Pilot by Elton John)

REID. I love everything about this man's tone and it still stands out years later. He got blessed with a  massive voice and wide range that sounds unique and refreshing. It worked perfectly with this iconic Elton track! Looking back on his run, he went from Elton to Rihanna to Patty Griffin to U2? This man covered nearly all the bases and nailed each of those performances. Usually when we think of a contestant that can sing in "any" genre, we think of female contestants. Reid's one of the few males that definitely excels in that category. He's definitely one of the biggest victims of Adam Levine's questionable decision-making on his run on the show. What an audition!

30. The only contestant that can say they truly outsold your faves without even trying.

Refers to Reid charting higher on iTunes than the rest of the contestants on the night of his knockouts performance, despite being montaged.

29. Chloe Kohanski (Season 13, The Chain by Fleetwood Mac)

The Season 13 finale was QUITE a nigh on Idolforums. A near-perfect finale lineup (if only Noah had tweeted... smh) with an iconic result and deserving winner. I remember the comments and reflecting on how very few people had expected Chloe to go far. My annoying, unimportant brag here is that I had faith in Chloe from day 1. I really think it was just me and Kaito that had Chloe very heavily on the radar at all before her KO. You could see Chloe was nervous, but the buildup as she got through it combined with that gorgeous rasp made an immediate impression on me. In a season where everyone and their mother was already levels above the singers from previous seasons, Chloe was such a sneaky surprise! I also think it says a lot that every version of this song on the show has completely flopped since (and as I write this I'm aware I may have to eat those words next week). Great job from Chloe!

29. I have only one dog and let me tell you, she is delightful.

Refers to the coaches talking about their pets (JHud's dogs, Miley's several pets, etc.) Also the "psycho" clue I added later on referred to Blake's comment about "psych rock" being "psycho" rock

28. Moriah Formica (Season 13, Crazy on You by Heart)

We're going from one Team Miley rock girl to another! I spoke about Heart a little while back when I ranked Natalie Brady's audition and it remains true - Ann Wilson is an incredibly difficult vocalist to tackle. Moriah sung this effortlessly and it's hard to believe that one of the best female rock vocals we've had on the show came from a then 16-year old. It's awesome to see her now achieving a ton of success with her band, Plush. She definitely deserved a spot in the top 12 and I'm still perplexed at Miley's repeated dedication to Ashland Craft over Moriah, Chloe, and others. However, it seems like everything has been working out for her since the show, thankfully. We'll have to wait and see if they bring in any more young talent capable of a performance like this.

28. Diversity became a struggle for this singer the second time we heard them perform a song by a particular coach.

Moriah sang Kelly for her KO (Behind These Hazel Eyes). Later on her Idol run, she was part of a troubled Hollywood week group that dubbed themselves "Diversity" that sang "Stronger"

27. Parijita Bastola (Season 22, Jealous by Labrinth)

This song has been done so often that I thought it'd show up more than once on this list... (maybe it still will? Who knows!) It's gonna be a real tough challenge to top Parijita's performance, though! I had to relisten to this a few times just to be sure, but I have no notes. It was a straightforward, error-free, exceptional rendition that deserves to be celebrated. I remember giving this a 10/10 when it first aired and it remains that way now. That's super hard to pull off and she just executed it so well! Of the four names that were part of that infamous Season 22 Semifinals Instant Save, Parijita was the one I had bet on being a lock for the finale. She was certainly capable of reaching this level of performance again, but it's a shame she didn't. Still, there's plenty of good reasons to rank her this high.

27. This contestant followed Chick-Fil-A's lead, just a little bit later and for a much different reason.

Chick-Fil-A is closed Sundays for Jesus. Parijita's family's restaurant used to close on Mondays for The Voice (supposedly)

26. Angie Keilhauer (Season 10, I Hold On by Dierks Bentley)

Putting on my cowboy hat once more to talk about Angie here. Lovely rasp, beautiful tone, and an interesting song choice (Despite being a country song full of every bland yeehaw stereotype known to man). This made an awesome first impression on me, especially since I wasn't familiar with the song before. Season 10 had a lot of great female country acts, so I can't blame prodcuting for picking hte most marketable one and eliminating the rest in knockouts, but I feel I would've much preferred to hear Angie go on towards semifinals isntead. Glad she's been able to find success and get that Disney paycheck since her time on the show, though! That's success most singers can only dream of!

... and they lived happily ever after!

Refers to Angie singing "Happily Ever After" with Jordan Fisher for the Magic Kingdom's fireworks show.

• Like 2

• Someone648 changed the title to Part 18 (30-25) Posted: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions

Updated Points for Part 18:

Clearly anyone's game!

@FloorWax 51

@allistr 9

@Dalton Eduardo 27

@Gustavo527 5

@nytsch 9

@rp3598 5

@thevoiceisthetop 10

@AliXRose 4

@VintageVoice 2

@Maxwell 4

@Mistake006 7

@Teraginn 5

@kirpik 2

@erik g 1

@QueenCami 3

@Adam Bruce 4

@season1 1

@taylanastan 2

This round:

allistr: 1

Dalton Eduardo: 1

FloorWax: 3

Edited by Someone648

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Updated Points for Part 18:

Clearly anyone's game!

@FloorWax 51

@allistr 9

@Dalton Eduardo 27

@Gustavo527 5

@nytsch 9

@rp3598 5

@thevoiceisthetop 10

@AliXRose 4

@VintageVoice 2

@Maxwell 4

@Mistake006 7

@Teraginn 5

@kirpik 2

@erik g 1

@QueenCami 3

@Adam Bruce 4

@season1 1

@taylanastan 2

This round:

allistr: 1

Dalton Eduardo: 1

FloorWax: 3

in the middle of the episode is crazy

• Haha 7

Help I don't remember #26 at all lmao

Parijita slayed and I haven't revisited Reid's audition in a while but I know he did great.

19 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

with an iconic result and deserving winner

I could refute this :stealth:

Ok half joking I know Chloe is good but given her live show performances compared with Addison's... yes I am still bitter lmao

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I got bored of Julia loool

the way you could've stopped after the first three words but instead decided to specifically roast her 😭

i would love to lambast you for being mean to a 13 year old on the internet but unfortunately you weren't actually mean so i am forced to let it slide 🙄 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

the way you could've stopped after the first three words but instead decided to specifically roast her 😭

i would love to lambast you for being mean to a 13 year old on the internet but unfortunately you weren't actually mean so i am forced to let it slide 🙄 

I mean Julia was perfectly fine, she did well. Just the least interesting of the bunch and I had the time 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

PART 19: NEW RULES/FORMAT

No, I'm not abandoning this. I've just been really busy with work :haha: I get interest is waaaaay down since it's been several weeks since the last update and it's been dwindling even before that, but I'm committed to at least getting the whole thing posted.

Anyways, we're doing new rules for this! Instead of full clues, I'll be doing three words as clues - released one at a time for each set.

The first set will reveal one word that I've tied to a particular contestant. The first clue might be the hardest. Maybe it'll be connected to their backstory (whether stated on the show or off the show), a specific lyric, or something that was said in dialogue with the coaches. I'll let y'all take your guesses and award 10 points if solved based off of the one hard word.

If there's no luck, we'll add a second word into the mix that will also relate to the contestant. The second clue does NOT necessarily relate to the first clue. It's just a second clue to help identify the contestant. If y'all can figure it out after the second clue, you get 5 points. 

If that's still too hard (some of them will be, I get it), we'll move on to a third clue. If solved at that point, the correct guess will be awarded three points.

Have I planned for a fourth? No. But if I have to get to that point, sure - I will.

See the example below if it's unclear.

Example: For Melanie Martinez (S3)

Hint 1 (immediately): Beef (10 points if solved here)

Admittedly, it's a hard clue, so if no one gets it within a certain amount of time, we'll move on to the next clue.

Hint 2 (next update): Poisonous (5 points if solved here)

And if still too hard, we'll move on to the next clue:

Hint 3 (next update): Show (3 points if solved here)

-Beef (referring to her ongoing "beef" with Christina Aguilera)

-Poisonous (synonym for "Toxic")

-Show (she performed "The Show" in lives)

And yes, I promise the next clues are better than this example.

(will post the actual clues for #25-21 in a few minutes)

• Like 2

Part 19: One-word hints (see above post for further explanation):

25. Six

24. CFO

23. Feelin'

22. Einstein

21. Vanishing

Bonus Hints (I will not be naming specific seasons for these contestants, keep this in mind when making your guesses)

-5 different seasons are represented here, both male and female.

-The oldest audition in this group occurred in a season AFTER Shakira's last.

-One audition occurred in a season AFTER Nick Jonas' last/most recent.

-None of these contestants were at any point part of Blake's team.

-None of these contestants made it to the finale on their respective seasons.

Edited by Someone648

• Someone648 changed the title to New Rules/Format! Part 19 (25-21) Hints Posted: Someone648's Inexplicable Ranking of his Top 200 Blinds Auditions