The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

1 minute ago, RTV said:

That's good to hear. I don't have Instagram or other social media accounts, so I miss information on those platforms.

Β 

Considering the stress of the instant save situation itself, contestants should be able to perform a song they're comfortable with. Unfortunately, they don't always think about their song choices carefully enough when compiling their list.

Β 

Pete Mroz (Team Blake s20) comes to mind. Granted, he should've learned the words to Dan + Shay's "Speechless" and been better prepared in general for his wildcard instant save performance. But contestants should never put a song they don't know on that list.

producers have said that the song choices are always inspired by the list but that doesn’t mean that they were necessarily on it

28 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Jacquie said in an Instagram video that her instant save song is "beautiful". She's not saying the instant save would be horrible because of her dislike of her song (in fact I think she loves the song). She just doesn't want to sing it because of the situation the instant save puts contestants in, regardless of how she feels about the song she'll sing.

Β 

By Xtina?

49 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Jacquie said in an Instagram video that her instant save song is "beautiful".

It couldn't literally be "Beautiful"' could it??? 😎 'Cause that would be beautiful (RIP BeverlyπŸ˜ͺ), and a guaranteed IS win because Jacquie would so slay this version:

Β 

26 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

producers have said that the song choices are always inspired by the list but that doesn’t mean that they were necessarily on it

Right. But in Pete's case, he admitted listing that particular song despite not knowing it because Dan + Shay were mentors. Since there were other titles on his list, Pete didn't think that would be one he was given.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:46 AM, dirActing said:

Personally, I'd rather Kara stick to 90s R&B, current R&B (neo-soul, like H.E.R, Celeste, SZA, or even Doja-type disco-soul), or adjacent.Β  That said, "Don't Speak" by an R&B contestant has been done before (not on this show though) to quite good effect.Β  Kara has an equivalent skill set to Candace Boyd, imo, so with Gwen's coaching (it is her song after all), maybe a Kara version could better this:

if we're straying from 90s R&B though,Β  I think this would work better for Kara, and I'm lowkey obsessed with her excellent cover of it (plus, it's soul adjacent):

Btw, for those interested, Kara actually has a rather good, rather large collection of covers on YT.Β  Well worth checking out, imo, particularly if you're interested in predicting her next song choice(s).Β  She's got quite a lot of familiar material (with runs mostly all mapped out pretty well already) to choose from.

Β 

Thanks for all these options. For me, Kara is a very interesting artist as we haven't had a 90s R&B singer competing in the recent seasons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Β 

47 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

maybe she’s singing i hope

Β 

Ngl, Jacquie would do well with that.Β  It's got some rock to it.Β  She could attack it, no doubt.Β  That said, I hope (pun intended) that it's Kara's IS song, if she ends up in the bottom 4. Gives her a fighting chance if there's country competition in the IS (skip about a minute past the intro stuff):

Β Β 

17 minutes ago, dirActing said:

Β 

Β 

Ngl, Jacquie would do well with that.Β  It's got some rock to it.Β  She could attack it, no doubt.Β  That said, I hope (pun intended) that it's Kara's IS song, if she ends up in the bottom 4. Gives her a fighting chance if there's country competition in the IS (skip about a minute past the intro stuff):

Β Β 

Β 

she does not have a fighting chance with that song 😭

40 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Β 

she does not have a fighting chance with that song 😭

What IS song would you suggest for her then?Β  Or should she just throw in the towel?Β  I thought she did pretty good with it, not perfect, but doesn't have to be.Β  Thought she nailed the intent and emotion of the song well, which is key for the song, and she did it her way--country-soul/R&B is a thing, a sub-genre of new country, and has a following.Β  I see a possible scenario where there might be two R&B contestants in the !S, and at least one country singer.Β  Not only is that country singer going to have a favored path all to his/herself, but the R&B peeps are going to split the vote, unless one is a versatile singer willing to prove that versatility and excel outside of the box.Β  That could surprise voters in a good way.Β  Not saying it's gonna win her the IS for sure, but I think it gives at least one of the possible two R&B singers a better outside chance than otherwise.Β  Anyway, let's hear your choice!Β πŸ˜›

1 hour ago, postcards said:

Thanks for all these options. For me, Kara is a very interesting artist as we haven't had a 90s R&B singer competing in the recent seasons

My updated suggestions for Kara, from the song suggestions thread:

• Kara Tanae - "At Your Best (You are Love)" (Aaliyah / SinΓͺad Harnett Version)Β or "Like a Star" (Corrine Bailey Rae) / "A Change is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke, IS) or "I Hope" (Gabby Barrett, IS) --> "Valerie" (Amy Winehouse, Acoustic Version, Top 9)
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MusicBuff101 said:

AZÁN is stripping down a song apparently (via the John/Chance video on The Voice's insta). Probably a good idea to switch things up a little

Like that strategy for Azan.Β  Had the same idea for Kara (see above), Sinead Harnett's stripped down version of the Aaliyah/The Isley Brothers' song "At Your Best."Β  I had Corrine Bailey Rae's "Like a Star" as a backup option for Kara, but come to think of it, that would be a great choice for Azan, imo.Β  It's already pretty stripped down in its original form though.

Β 

@Someone648Β idk if you do lives but here's the songs

Β 

TEAM JOHN

5. Lila Forde - Closer to Fine (Indigo Girls)

8. AZAN - Ex-Factor (Lauryn Hill)

11. Mac Royals - I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt)

Β 

TEAM GWEN

3. Kara Tenae - Love (Keyshia Cole)

4. Tanner Massey - Thnks fr th Mmrs (Fall Out Boy)

12. BIAS - God's Gonna Cut You Down (Johnny Cash)

Β 

TEAM NIALL

Β 2. Nini Iris - Lovesong (The Cure)

7. Huntley - With a Little Help From My Friends (Joe Cocker)

10. Mara Justine - Lose Control (Teddy Swims)

Β 

TEAM REBA

1. Jacquie Roar - Wildflowers and Wild Horses (Lainey Wilson)

6. Ruby Leigh - You Lie (Reba McEntire)

9. Jordan Rainer - Stranger in My House (Ronnie Milsap)

• Thanks 1