S12 or S23?

season1

S12 or S23?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which season has the worse result?

• S12: Chris Blue won against IDF favorite Lauren Duski
    • S23: Gina Miles won against IDF favorite Grace West
  2. 2. Favorite Runner Up

• S12: Lauren Duski
    • S23: Grace West
  3. 3. Did you expect the S23 winner?

• No, and I'm happy about it
    • No, and I'm disappointed
    • Yes, and I'm happy about it
    • Yes, and I'm disappointed

On the S23 spoilers thread, I joked about a possible S12 situation for S23:

LPvXoeN.png

And Hamza opined that IDF would not mind:

z3DI2bf.png

So is the results as bad as S12, worse, or not that bad?

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Gina is a lot better than Chris and seems like a genuinely lovely human being so I'll take her winning over Chris any day. I went with Lauren over Grace but it's a tough call because Lauren had a lot more performances than Grace did. I was not that shocked that Gina won given everything I know about this show. I preferred Grace but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter who wins though.

• Like 2

Can someone fix the result on the first question. I voted for one but misread it and think I should’ve  clicked the second 

also both winners are good but I prefer chris

i slightly prefer Grace to Lauren

• Like 1

I think I prefer Chris over Lauren, but Lauren's a stellar storyteller. As for Gina and Grace, I haven't been big fans on the show, but they both would have been good winners! 

For me:

1. Gina winning was worse (but isn't bad at all!)

2. Lauren Duski (her tone is sooooo good)

3. No, and I'm happy about it (though I haven't really loved anyone this season)

• Like 1

1. I don’t think either of these are bad results, but even as someone who preferred Lauren to Chris and Gina to Grace (at least in the finale), I can’t call Chris winning the worse result because I think he did more to prove himself as a winner than Gina did.

2. Lauren Duski by a lot.

3. No, and I’m very pleased.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

1. I thought Chris was the best contestant his season while Grace was overall the best in hers. So Gina winning is "worse". Not a bad result at all and pretty happy for her, her reaction to winning is one of the best winner reactions I've seen on the show lol.

2. I prefer Grace to Lauren. Grace's Tone appeals to me more.

3. I chose the 1st option even though I would have preffered a few others to win over Gina.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

her reaction to winning is one of the best winner reactions I've seen on the show lol.

Her face reminded me of the iconic Felicia Temple reaction

Chris winning over Lauren was a CRIME (though I didn't follow the show fully that season).

LOVED that Gina won over Grace and I did expect it (at least after the performances I kinda thought surely there's no way Gina doesn't win???). 

Oh and Lauren >>>>>>>>>>>>> Grace and it's not even close.

Edited by Stacey.
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Can someone fix the result on the first question. I voted for one but misread it and think I should’ve  clicked the second 

also both winners are good but I prefer chris

i slightly prefer Grace to Lauren

can't fix the results :rofl: I tried that once when I voted wrong and the whole poll reset

• Haha 2

Man, I'm having trouble answering these questions, maybe because the wording doesn't really describe how I viewed either finale.

1. I say this as someone who actually liked all 4 to varying degrees (absolutely loved Chris and Lauren [especially Chris], really liked Gina and Grace). I guess I picked Gina's win as "worse," but I don't see either Gina's or Chris's win as "worse" or "bad" at all. Chris is still my #1 all-time favorite winner, and I voted for D. Smooth, but I was rooting for Gina.
  2. Definitely preferred Lauren Duski over Grace. I still play Lauren's performances, especially "Deja Vu," pretty regularly.
  3. Didn't expect the results, and I'm happy about it, but I would've been happy if Grace won, too. Grace's win would've been happy and expected, but Gina's was a pleasant surprise.

TBH, all I really wanted was for D. Smooth to finish over Sorelle, and for NOIVAS to get 5th after whatever "Fly Away" was. I thought it was all a pipe dream, but it all actually happened. Soooo I'm good 😄

• Like 3

I guess I should have called it "more disliked results" instead of "worse results". But y'all know what I mean. 

Almost 80% of voters dislike the S12 results more than S23.

More than 60% of voters prefer Lauren over Grace.

3 out of 4  voters didn't expect the S23 results.

An overwhelming majority, more than 85% of voters are fine with the S23 results.

• Like 1