American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

looks like my format prediction was wrong already lol. Futon Critic reveals that first live show cut is Top 20 -> Top 14, and the theme of the Top 14 episode on Sunday 4/21 will be Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

Not sure why they are repeating that theme two seasons in a row but it's very broad so I'm fine with it tbh. 

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/american-idol/listings/

Edited by m1key

2 hours ago, m1key said:

Wow we are getting a lot of live shows this season! Based on the taping schedule, there will be 11 episodes in the voting round period total (from Hawaii to Finale), the most of the ABC era thus far. We won so hard!!!!!!! 

My *updated* format prediction is as follows:

Sunday, 4/7 - Hawaii Group 1
Monday, 4/8 - Hawaii Group 2
Sunday, 4/14 - Top 24 Results/Top 20 Perform
Monday, 4/15 - Top 20 Results/Top 14 Reveal
Sunday, 4/21 - Top 14 Perform/Top 12 Reveal
Monday, 4/22 - Top 12 Perform/Top 10 Reveal
Sunday, 4/28 - Top 10 Perform/Top 8 Reveal
Monday, 4/29 - Top 8 Perform/Top 6 Reveal
Sunday, 5/5 - Top 6 Perform/Top 5 Reveal
Sunday, 5/12 - Top 5 Perform/Top 3 Reveal
Sunday, 5/19 - Top 3 Finale

regardless if it is right or wrong we are going to be getting a strong format that will allow for contestants to have growth arcs so i can now sleep peacefully 😴

*edited after Futon Critic update. i have a feeling the judges save will be brought back which could change around the numbers after we get to Top 14.

Looks like the Top 14 is the cutoff for the semifinals.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

1 hour ago, RTV said:

🤔 

“…Her mother Christa also posted the news of Liliana’s departure from the show on Facebook. 

Liliana “decided to withdrawal from the competition last Fall; however was delighted American Idol aired her episode nonetheless!”

Sometimes, the televised singing shows make very odd editing decisions. Remember, the auditions we just finished watching were filmed last fall. Hollywood Week was filmed in December.

Yet American Idol dedicated four a half minutes of a late March episode to introduce us to Liliana.

Not only that, they pre-released her audition clip, using it to promote the final audition show. Only to turn around and delete it from their YouTube channel sometime after Sunday. Seriously, check it out. They have taken down Liliana’s audition video….”

Edited by TeamAudra

It is weird since she clearly withdrew before even going to Hollywood week to begin with. So they had plenty of notice with her. :dead:   I get showing her on tv because it was a cute story / performance so why not show it. But posting it on Youtube and then taking it down later on is bizarre behavior though. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Her video is still up on all other platforms. They shouldn’t have deleted it from YouTube. They’ve known since last fall and chose to air it anyway. 

it just looks messy on their part

• Like 1

Just now seeing that Will sang “Ain’t No Sunshine” in Hollywood. Between that and his T24, he’s really angling for that crossover vote. 

I’ve actually seen clips online of him performing that song at his shows. He genre hops quite a bit. I’d put him more in the Stapleton lane than I originally thought.  

Edited by TeamAudra

that performance was INSANE. all of their abilities were perfectly highlighted in their solo sections and it sounded even better when they came together. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

It was just OK for me. I’m not a fan of overdone runs, and that’s where Odell took it. He can clearly sing, though. I thought Abi was a little off-pitch at times, especially in the beginning. I’m just not a fan of the tone in her high notes. Maybe she’ll grow on me over time? Julia’s tone doesn’t work for me either, but she’s a good singer. 

I’m expecting the audience to like it. They’re all a bit old-fashioned, and the older viewers will eat this up. 

• Confused 2

jesus f christ. abi is just amazing. she just knows when to go big, when to pull it back, when to use her head voice, when to go full chest. just a great singer with pretty good instincts, i think she will go really far. odell and julia were great as well but odell did WAYYYY too much with all the runs and julia was on her higher range for her entire solo, would’ve liked to see more dynamics from her but her tone is beautiful and so soulful, she’s def gonna be a vocal powerhouse. my ranking would be the one below. taking a quick look at facebook, it seems like they have the same. 

1. abi

2. julia

3. odell

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, wildestinvegas said:

jesus f christ. abi is just amazing. she just knows when to go big, when to pull it back, when to use her head voice, when to go full chest. just a great singer with pretty good instincts, i think she will go really far. odell and julia were great as well but odell did WAYYYY too much with all the runs and julia was on her higher range for her entire solo, would’ve liked to see more dynamics from her but her tone is beautiful and so soulful, she’s def gonna be a vocal powerhouse. my ranking would be the one below. taking a quick look at facebook, it seems like they have the same. 

1. abi

2. julia

3. odell

That’s how I’d rank them as well.

Abi and Julia proved that they deserved the platinum tickets... Past ones were meh for me... And most didn't survive Hollywood week in past seasons.

My only complaint with all 3 of them showing what they can do vocally?

There was no melody or beat to the song. Just runs. If I didn't know what the song sounds like originally I would've thought man they made that their own!

Still really impressed with our final two girls though. Ah in my dreams! :P 

6 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Also Abi, KB and Blake released their new singles last night! Check them out

After listening to all three of the singers, here's how I'd rank them:

1.  Abi

2.  Blake (by a small margin)

3.  K.B. (almost as good as Blake)

On 3/27/2024 at 4:18 PM, QueenKalie said:

Usually the Hawaii live performances are pretty mid for the most part. If that's not the case this season that is a great sign. 

tbh i blame the song choices for some reason they love to do upbeat useless songs in hawaii. it does make for a potentially very strong moment for the one or two contestants that get ballads though, and i'm sure that's what they intended for kenedi.