American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree those three are definitely among the best I’ve heard from these clips. Hailey gives off a rock vibe on that song, which might help her with the audience a little. It’s not my favorite song, but it’s catchy enough. She should be fine. She only has to beat two people. LOL. 

What also struck out to me was that when she kicked it to higher gear, she seemed to have overpowered the band which is kinda hard to even do. Her technique has really just gotten better overtime so clearly she has the stamina to handle it all.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

What also struck out to me was that when she kicked it to higher gear, she seemed to have overpowered the band which is kinda hard to even do. Her technique has really just gotten better overtime so clearly she has the stamina to handle it all.

I noticed that too. She’s always had power, but she’s upped her game in that area, and her voice has a lot of texture to it, which can be heard in that rehearsal. She still several years away from reaching her full potential. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I hope so too.  Abi might be my favorite but I also like McKenna.

When I first heard how raspy her voice is, even when speaking, how it would hold up is something that crossed my mind. 

McKenna is honestly a safe pick for the winner tbh. I think she checks all the boxes producers may be looking for - female, emotional story, crossover appeal, unique tone, versatile, can play instruments, etc. She also is very memorable, but is likely never going to be as pimped as people like Abi/Julia. This may make her appear as an underdog in comparison. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, m1key said:

McKenna is honestly a safe pick for the winner tbh. I think she checks all the boxes producers may be looking for - female, emotional story, crossover appeal, unique tone, versatile, can play instruments, etc. She also is very memorable, but is likely never going to be as pimped as people like Abi/Julia. This may make her appear as an underdog in comparison. 

She also seems very likable/humble too

3 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

Wow, Kennedy really improved. She has a really strong voice and can belt. 

She does sound good, but I’m not sure the audience will take to her. She’s in this one. I’m not sure this has been posted. There are several from day 2. 

Some more info from the judges + Ryan about the Idol Arena. Seems like the main twist is that individual contestants are called on completely randomly to go on stage and sing. Also, the video shows a sneak peek of Ajii singing, so maybe he is featured in the episode after all? 

I just wanted to say thank you so much to the posters who posted links to clips from some of the rehearsals and performances that took place at the Aulani Resort in Hawaii. I really appreciate it. And, I, too, thought McKenna did a great job covering The Story! I also think Odell, Hailey and surprisingly, Kennedy all seemed to do a decent job singing the songs that they chose to perform. So, once again, thanks for posting the links to the clips that you did.

6 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/56SLGmPafJvj5X6Y/?

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/rmYKPgu7v4KV1mMi/?

Draper providing us with the goods. Some full length rehearsals from Mia Matthews, Kennedy Reid, McKenna, Will and KB. also Hailey and Odells clips are shown

McKenna 😍 She’s definitely gonna be my favorite this season.

6 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/56SLGmPafJvj5X6Y/?

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/rmYKPgu7v4KV1mMi/?

Draper providing us with the goods. Some full length rehearsals from Mia Matthews, Kennedy Reid, McKenna, Will and KB. also Hailey and Odells clips are shown

omg wait why does Kennedy actually sound so good lol

10 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I see what you mean about Abi’s voice cracking a little, but I hope that it was either just a rehearsal or that the rest of the song was great.

That was a rehearsal. She was spot on during the performance 😉 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AuntTami said:

That was a rehearsal. She was spot on during the performance 😉 

Glad to hear that!

7 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

U Got any tea on who the judges criticised out of the Group 1 contestants,  if u were there?

Yeah.  I’d like to know that as well.

12 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

U Got any tea on who the judges criticised out of the Group 1 contestants,  if u were there?

The comments were pretty positive for all the Day 1 contestants. The comment everyone is speaking of was more like an adrenaline thing, performing in front of a crowd was a new thing for a lot of the contestants and it seemed like more of a statement that they needed to calm down and be in the moment. That's how I took it anyway, not like people were messing up everywhere. There were only two contestants who received what I considered constructive criticism and even with them it was mostly positive just give more sass or have more confidence. Who knows what the final edit will look like, but from my perspective all of the Day 1 contestants were strong and it is going to be a tough decision. 

Edited by AuntTami
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

The comments were pretty positive for all the Day 1 contestants. The comment everyone is speaking of was more like an adrenaline thing, performing in front of a crowd was a new thing for a lot of the contestants and it seemed like more of a statement that they needed to calm down and be in the moment. That's how I took it anyway, not like people were messing up everywhere. There were only two contestants who received what I considered constructive criticism and even with them it was mostly positive just give more sass or have more confidence. Who knows what the final edit will look like, but from my perspective all of the Day 1 contestants were strong and it is going to be a tough decision. 

where you able to see the second group? if so, anything notable? 

1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

where you able to see the second group? if so, anything notable? 

I was in a different location for Group 2 so I couldn't hear all of the judges' comments, but from what I did hear the judges were very positive again and Jelly Roll was a great coach. The contestants did a great job and I would be hard-pressed to tell you who I believe will be eliminated. They are all incredibly talented and special. I will say that I was totally shocked by Kennedy's performance. It was so impressive! There were also some very heartfelt moments. Both nights were magical.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

I was in a different location for Group 2 so I couldn't hear all of the judges' comments, but from what I did hear the judges were very positive again and Jelly Roll was a great coach. The contestants did a great job and I would be hard-pressed to tell you who I believe will be eliminated. They are all incredibly talented and special. I will say that I was totally shocked by Kennedy's performance. It was so impressive! There were also some very heartfelt moments. Both nights were magical.

oooh nice! glad to hear that kennedy was able to improve and have a moment for herself! glad u got to experience all that

21 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

Apparently, as captioned on the video "This was her dress rehearsal when she strained her voice. The next day, strained voice and all she sang it for the live taping and dedicated it to her mom and thanked her for “raising her to be the person she is today.” Beautiful McKenna, inside and out."

Oof. Just watched the video, yeah she sounded sick and was under the pitch for quite a big portion of the song. Love Mckenna’s tone tho, I think she won’t have a hard time getting the votes even if her voice wasn’t on the best shape. 

It’s probably common for contestants to do well in rehearsals, and not nail their performance under pressure. This time, it sounds like the opposite with a few of them. That’s awesome! 👍 

• Like 1

If Kennedy presented herself more seriously, she could’ve possibly been a contender. She has a strong voice but her karaoke song choices and OTT makeup make it hard to take her seriously. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s probably common for contestants to do well in rehearsals, and not nail their performance under pressure. This time, it sounds like the opposite with a few of them. That’s awesome! 👍 

Usually the Hawaii live performances are pretty mid for the most part. If that's not the case this season that is a great sign.