American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Tami! I was there as well! Could not agree more! Everyone was amazing, comments were here and there, mostly from the mentor herself 🙄 there were only 2 contestants that had notes on vocal performances and 2 with a bit more stage presence (and they are all fan favs) so it will honestly, in my opinion, be more likely someone who is an underdog who gave more of a mediocre performance that will go? Everyone is amazing though, important to know that producers throw curve balls so no one is perfect!!! It’s all tv, the performances were wonderful!

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Usually the Hawaii live performances are pretty mid for the most part. If that's not the case this season that is a great sign. 

That’s surprising, given that they have the opportunity to clean up the audio before airing. I would expect the first live show to be more rough.  

Also, how they reportedly sound live doesn’t always translate to TV for some reason. We see this every year following Voice spoilers. The best example I can think of is noivas. :haha:

On 3/26/2024 at 12:36 PM, CarmenSandiego said:

I see what you mean about Abi’s voice cracking a little, but I hope that it was either just a rehearsal or that the rest of the song was great.

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

Oof. Just watched the video, yeah she sounded sick and was under the pitch for quite a big portion of the song. Love Mckenna’s tone tho, I think she won’t have a hard time getting the votes even if her voice wasn’t on the best shape. 

McKenna was so good! That girl is such a story teller! Her performance was beautiful!

50 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s surprising, given that they have the opportunity to clean up the audio before airing. I would expect the first live show to be more rough.  

They either don't do that or it doesn't help one of the two. :dead: But I do think this cast is a lot better than the other previous seasons that I watched so that should help I think.

1 hour ago, Poppingmywish said:

Tami! I was there as well! Could not agree more! Everyone was amazing, comments were here and there, mostly from the mentor herself 🙄 there were only 2 contestants that had notes on vocal performances and 2 with a bit more stage presence (and they are all fan favs) so it will honestly, in my opinion, be more likely someone who is an underdog who gave more of a mediocre performance that will go? Everyone is amazing though, important to know that producers throw curve balls so no one is perfect!!! It’s all tv, the performances were wonderful!

I can mention one person who I think will be cut — Quintavious.  He chose to sing a Carrie Underwood song and I would not recommend anyone singing a Carrie Underwood song on this show.  More often than not, anyone trying to sing a Carrie Underwood song will come out on the short end of the stick compared to her.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I can mention one person who I think will be cut — Quintavious.  He chose to sing a Carrie Underwood song and I would not recommend anyone singing a Carrie Underwood song on this show.  More often than not, anyone trying to sing a Carrie Underwood song will come out on the short end of the stick compared to her.

He was on my short list of people that could go. 

I really wasn’t too impressed with Quintavious’ audition and I don’t think he’ll pull off that Carrie song either. 

After hearing Kennedy, I think she’ll survive the first round of cuts. K-Blocks will need a miracle to stick around past the first round. Other than her, I can’t truly pinpoint anyone who I think is a goner for sure. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 1

In this day 1 video, I’m having a difficult time cross referencing a couple of them with the spoilers we have for groups and song choices. Anyone want to take a stab at it? It’s a very short video. 

23 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I wouldn't be shocked if group 1 lost

Nyachomba “Nya” Muchai-Kinya

Quintavious Johnson

And then group 2 lost K-Blocks and then someone else.

They are on my short list for group 1, along with Jayna and Jordan. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

In this day 1 video, I’m having a difficult time cross referencing a couple of them with the spoilers we have for groups and song choices. Anyone want to take a stab at it? It’s a very short video. 

1:00 - Jayna

1:03 - Jordan

1:06 - Hailey

1:10 - Blake

1:17 - Jordan again

1:22 - Roman

Found this too,

1:20 - Roman again

1:28  - Odell

1:35 - Elleigh

1:39 - Mackenzie

2:04 - Mia

2:14 - Kennedy

2:23 - Tristan

Edited by StarWalker1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Usually the Hawaii live performances are pretty mid for the most part. If that's not the case this season that is a great sign. 

It’s my least favorite round of modern idol. The acoustics on it don’t translate it well into the TV imo. And the contestants going for hawaii themed outfits even if it doesn’t match their songs always takes me out. But it’s still a fun change of scenery and a creative way to start the voting rounds so I don’t mind too much. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

1:00 - Jayna

1:03 - Jordan

1:06 - Hailey

1:10 - Blake

1:17 - Mackenzie

1:22 - Roman

That’s what I thought. Roman and Mackenzie are supposed to be in group 2. Whoever posted that video also posted a day 2 video. I wonder if they got some mixed up when they edited the videos. 

——

Group 1 (With Tori Kelly):

Abi Carter

Blake Proehl

Hailey Mia

Jayna Elise Brown

Jordan Anthony

Julia Gagnon

K.B. Richins

Kayko

McKenna Breinholt

Nyachomba “Nya” Muchai-Kinya

Quintavious Johnson

Will Moseley

Group 2 (With Jelly Roll):

Ajii

Elleigh Francom

Emmy Russell

Jack Blocker

Jennifer Jeffries

Kennedy Reid

Mackenzie Sol

Mia Makana Matthews

Odell Bunton, Jr.

K-Blocks

Roman Collins

Triston Harper

Edited February 9 by Idol Maniac

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

I also feel like Elleigh (awful song choice), Kayko and Roman are also some who may fall victim 

I thought about her because obviously that song is terrible. But if she gets another good edit / does well in Hollywood then I think she's probably fine in that second group even with that song choice.

• Like 1

who out of the top 24 will actually get signed or have a chance at a long standing career in music? I always wonder who will thrive after season has aired. weird how some of them do well and others flop. some seem to basically vanish.

2 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I really wasn’t too impressed with Quintavious’ audition and I don’t think he’ll pull off that Carrie song either. 

After hearing Kennedy, I think she’ll survive the first round of cuts. K-Blocks will need a miracle to stick around past the first round. Other than her, I can’t truly pinpoint anyone who I think is a goner for sure. 

K-Blocks is another one who I think will be cut, due to such little exposure.  She and Quintavious are probably the ones most likely to be a goner.

5 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

1st show will be taped on Wednesday 10th of April at 12:30pm

https://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/American_Idol/202404101230

Wow we are getting a lot of live shows this season! Based on the taping schedule, there will be 11 episodes in the voting round period total (from Hawaii to Finale), the most of the ABC era thus far. We won so hard!!!!!!! 

My *updated* format prediction is as follows:

Sunday, 4/7 - Hawaii Group 1
Monday, 4/8 - Hawaii Group 2
Sunday, 4/14 - Top 24 Results/Top 20 Perform
Monday, 4/15 - Top 20 Results/Top 14 Reveal
Sunday, 4/21 - Top 14 Perform/Top 12 Reveal
Monday, 4/22 - Top 12 Perform/Top 10 Reveal
Sunday, 4/28 - Top 10 Perform/Top 8 Reveal
Monday, 4/29 - Top 8 Perform/Top 6 Reveal
Sunday, 5/5 - Top 6 Perform/Top 5 Reveal
Sunday, 5/12 - Top 5 Perform/Top 3 Reveal
Sunday, 5/19 - Top 3 Finale

regardless if it is right or wrong we are going to be getting a strong format that will allow for contestants to have growth arcs so i can now sleep peacefully 😴

*edited after Futon Critic update. i have a feeling the judges save will be brought back which could change around the numbers after we get to Top 14.

Edited by m1key

9 hours ago, SlayLady said:

who out of the top 24 will actually get signed or have a chance at a long standing career in music? I always wonder who will thrive after season has aired. weird how some of them do well and others flop. some seem to basically vanish.

We know that it has not favored the winner in years.  Since Season 12, only Chayce Beckham had some success. 

In as far as ABC Idol

Gabby Barrett, Catie Turner, Alejandro, Lauren Spencer Smith are the most successful of their season.  While Huntergirl is more high profile than Noah Thompson and Colin Stough, Haven Madison were first 2 to get a record deal - not the Top 2 from last year.

If I was to take a wild guess, based on genres and what I’ve seen so far, I’d say Will has the best chance for post show success from this group. That doesn’t mean I’ll be right. Just playing the odds here. Based on the info posted above, perhaps he shouldn’t hope to win.  

Edited by TeamAudra

The three who are releasing singles tonight are taking a huge risk, because if they don’t put up decent numbers, labels can use that as a reason not to sign them. I don’t fault them for trying, though.