The Voice vs. American Idol

Raquel01

17 minutes ago, indii said:

Which show was most enjoyable between AI22 & TV25 was a conversation at one point but right now in terms of entertainment they're not even comparable. AI has turned into countryfest as every season does, meanwhile The Voice has just been getting stronger & stronger.

True but least idol has Abi who to me has been one of my all time faves and shes done the most risk taking

25 minutes ago, indii said:

Which show was most enjoyable between AI22 & TV25 was a conversation at one point but right now in terms of entertainment they're not even comparable. AI has turned into countryfest as every season does, meanwhile The Voice has just been getting stronger & stronger.

This episode of Idol did not have the desirable results which was sad. But it was still a million times better then any episode of the Voice that I watched this season.

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, indii said:

this is a valid take i think. The Voice will likely have more satisfying and accurate results, but the performances are not going to be able to hit the highs that Idol has this season with contestants like Abi/McKenna. the only contestants I can see pumping out a "moment" on those levels are Asher, L., or maybe Madison (imo). 

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

The Voice will likely have more satisfying and accurate results

I'm not really sure the voice is known for having satisfying and accurate results but neither is Idol so they are probably on the same level there. :dead:

17 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

This episode of Idol did not have the desirable results which was sad. But it was still a million times better then any episode of the Voice that I watched this season.

Remove all the pretty girls in your sig from the Top 12 and we shall see if you'd say the same thing.

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Remove all the pretty girls in your sig from the Top 12 and we shall see if you'd say the same thing.

i don't mean for this to come across in a harsh way, more so just confusion: have you even watched this season of Idol? you are allowed to have your bias to The Voice (i obviously have mine to Idol), but i have at least watched all the performances (besides tonights) and have shared my thoughts on this sub-forum before about what i do and don't like. thus, i consider myself credible to judge them both.

i haven't seen you referencing any specific performances or contestants in particular that you dislike, or why you don't like the season, so the criticism is just coming across as bitter to me tbh. if i'm assuming wrongly feel free to correct me lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m1key said:

i don't mean for this to come across in a harsh way, more so just confusion: have you even watched this season of Idol? you are allowed to have your bias to The Voice (i obviously have mine to Idol), but i have at least watched all the performances (besides tonights) and have shared my thoughts on this sub-forum before about what i do and don't like. thus, i consider myself credible to judge them both.

i haven't seen you referencing any specific performances or contestants in particular that you dislike, or why you don't like the season, so the criticism is just coming across as bitter to me tbh. if i'm assuming wrongly feel free to correct me lol. 

I'm just ribbing, @QueenKalie and I tease each other all the time. It's not that serious. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, m1key said:

this is a valid take i think. The Voice will likely have more satisfying and accurate results, but the performances are not going to be able to hit the highs that Idol has this season with contestants like Abi/McKenna. the only contestants I can see pumping out a "moment" on those levels are Asher, L., or maybe Madison (imo). 

I've been tuned into both shows this year. I LOVE McKenna and I LOVED Jayna & I do think that there's been more performances I'd classify as "moments" on AI than TV. I think my issue is the voters have way more power over who stays and who goes on AI than TV (AI has like 7-8 weeks of performances where America picks who moves on & The Voice as of late only has 2-3) & it's very well documented that the general audience that votes for these shows are very biased, very tasteless, & very bigoted. There's a reason the finale of The Voice is usually at least somewhat diversified in genre & meanwhile literally every season of AI the final 3 consists of at least 2 country singers

I'm also just someone who enjoys listening to the pre-taped performances of these types of shows a lot more than the live ones & the pre-taped rounds of AI, for lack of a better term, suck.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Yes if you remove half of the top 8 I might have a different opinion on the season. But you can say that about any season of any singing show ever so I'm not sure you ate as much as you thought you did with this comment. :dead:

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Yes if you remove half of the top 8 I might have a different opinion on the season. But you can say that about any season of any singing show ever so I'm not sure you ate as much as you thought you did with this comment. :dead:

Haha just wanted to hear you admit your biases. All good. 😝

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't even know why people are still debating this.

I don't know why either especially after Chance's team just performed. That should have made it super obvious that the Voice was the inferior show this year. :dead:

4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't know why either especially after Chance's team just performed. That should have made it super obvious that the Voice was the inferior show this year. :dead:

I'd rather watch Team Chance perform for 2 hours straight than watch AI's country boy trio outlive my girls every week

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Yeah, the girls on Idol are great but have you seen the guys on The Voice?? Nathan, Brayan and Asher are killing it! And i'd take Tae and even Josh over Jack and Triston any day of the week. 

Will is the best country singer from both shows, i'll give you that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

AI doesn't have a country boy trio. :dead:

If you're trying to say Jack doesn't count I guess he's not as country as the other two I guess but he's at least country-adjacent and he is just as boring as the average country WGWG that makes it far on Idol

What I will give Idol is I probably prefer McKenna to anyone left on TV this year

17 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't even know why people are still debating this.

Of course, TV > AI.

6 minutes ago, indii said:

I'd rather watch Team Chance perform for 2 hours straight than watch AI's country boy trio outlive my girls every week

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, the girls on Idol are great but have you seen the guys on The Voice?? Nathan, Brayan and Asher are killing it! And i'd take Tae and even Josh over Jack and Triston any day of the week. 

Will is the best country singer from both shows, i'll give you that.

My people 🤩🤩🤩🤩

• Like 2

Just now, Teraginn said:

My people 🤩🤩🤩🤩

The fact that I'm defending this show after they hurt me every year is the definition of Stockholm Syndrome

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, indii said:

If you're trying to say Jack doesn't count I guess he's not as country as the other two I guess but he's at least country-adjacent and he is just as boring as the average country WGWG that makes it far on Idol

What I will give Idol is I probably prefer McKenna to anyone left on TV this year

Yeah Jack isn't even remotely country. Whats everyone going to do when the  country singers outlast everyone on the voice as well? 

• Like 1

With the amount of TV/AI crossovers this season, I think people who refuse to watch the other show might as well catch how the contestant did it on the other show 😂

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah Jack isn't even remotely country. Whats everyone going to do when the  country singers outlast everyone on the voice as well? 

Love Jack and hope he makes the final but tbf he is still a WGWG. 

8 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah Jack isn't even remotely country. 

right! he has literally covered Cher, Post Malone, The Weeknd, and Kacey Musgraves (yes Kacey is country but Rainbow is a gay anthem lol).

Edited by m1key

Just now, QueenKalie said:

This honestly hasn't been that big of an issue in the last few seasons of The Voice. There's only been 1 country winner in the last 6 seasons