The Voice vs. American Idol

Raquel01

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Sure but many different genres use a guitar.

Well yes ofc, but yah I can understand why he may had been looped in with the country singers in terms of AI’s audience bias. Unsure if he can win and despite production seeming to not care for him, I think he is again benefitting as a WGWG

6 minutes ago, indii said:

This honestly hasn't been that big of an issue in the last few seasons of The Voice. There's only been 1 country winner in the last 6 seasons

A big test now is the post Blake era because some of the non country winners have benefited being on Team Blake. 

I do think one thing that the voice has over AI tho is that it allows contestants over 29. It gave us great runs with Huntley, Tessanne Chin, Alisan Porter, and Wendy Moten

• Like 5

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

this thread is basically QueenKalie vs Teraginn lmao

I think it deserves a revival considering the TV/AI crossovers this year 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jmc12 said:

A big test now is the post Blake era because some of the non country winners have benefited being on Team Blake. 

The Team Blake boost wasn't even that much of a thing in some of the later seasons. GNT beating Wendy is a big example. And Gina beating Grace in Blake's farewell season also definitely proves that. I think the way country artists used to just make it to the finale off of the merit of being country is just not as much of a thing anymore. We just saw BIAS & Jordan not make the finale last season even though they were both decent (at least by the standard of country singers on The Voice). Even something like Holly not making the finale over Sorelle or NOIVAS in S23 would never, ever happen on this show like 5 or 6 years ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jmc12 said:

I do think one thing that the voice has over AI tho is that it allows contestants over 29. It gave us great runs with Huntley, Tessanne Chin, Alisan Porter, and Wendy Moten

That's my personal favorite thing about this show. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Poor guy never stood a chance even in the voice section. :dead:

OK, Mr. 8k reputation even though you have like 7k additional posts ahead of me.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, indii said:

And Gina beating Grace in Blake's farewell season also definitely proves that. 

They had to drastically change the voting rules for this to happen though. So I don't know if this really proves much.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, indii said:

The Team Blake boost wasn't even that much of a thing in some of the later seasons. GNT beating Wendy is a big example. And Gina beating Grace in Blake's farewell season also definitely proves that. 

I agree with Gina/Grace being an anomaly but not GNT/Wendy. The Blake boost has unfortunately never worked out for black women. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

I agree with Gina/Grace being an anomaly but not GNT/Wendy. The Blake boost has unfortunately never worked out for black women. 

I mean it worked in the sense that two black women have been runner ups as part of team Blake…. Just not enough to win

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m1key said:

GNT is one of the most popular contentants to have ever been on the show they probably would have beaten almost anyone. But also yes The Voice voters don't particularly care for black women either unfortunately.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, indii said:

The Team Blake boost wasn't even that much of a thing in some of the later seasons. GNT beating Wendy is a big example. And Gina beating Grace in Blake's farewell season also definitely proves that. I think the way country artists used to just make it to the finale off of the merit of being country is just not as much of a thing anymore. We just saw BIAS & Jordan not make the finale last season even though they were both decent (at least by the standard of country singers on The Voice). Even something like Holly not making the finale over Sorelle or NOIVAS in S23 would never, ever happen on this show like 5 or 6 years ago.

Tbh, I wish Holly made it to the finale over NOIVAS who had a boost by virtue of being team Blake. But yeah we can point to both examples for and against this. Bryce was like the perfect country contestant to be on TV and Team Blake, but I wish the country bias didn’t bring Brayden along for the ride to the finale (and his looks also helped) and I really wished Bodie won just by being on Team Blake though I also would have been fine with Morgan

12 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I had the most liked content yesterday. So watch how you're speaking to your superiors.

Yeah, coz quantity means so much in the grand scheme of things.

How's tracking view/like ratios in the social media thread going for you guys? 😇

1 hour ago, jmc12 said:

Tessanne was 28 yo during her winning season

On 4/29/2024 at 9:58 PM, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, the girls on Idol are great but have you seen the guys on The Voice?? Nathan, Brayan and Asher are killing it! And i'd take Tae and even Josh over Jack and Triston any day of the week. 

Will is the best country singer from both shows, i'll give you that.

Oops, this didn't age well because i suddenly love Jack and he is probably my favorite male singer from both shows :stealth: 

Like, i know the guys from The Voice are better vocalists but there is something about Jack's tone and style that i can't help but really enjoy. 

Also, Abi is my favorite female singer from both shows, so yeah, my two snowflakes this year are on American Idol. Sorry y'all. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:31 PM, indii said:

And Gina beating Grace in Blake's farewell season also definitely proves that.

Both Blake and Niall are popular coaches, and their team members likely benefit from a voting boost.

Grace was narrowly defeated. I believe the main reason for her loss was manipulation by TPTB in order to help Niall win his first season.

The NOIVAS audition aired in the premiere pimp spot. Four chairs turned, and Chance blocked Blake. NOIVAS chose Chance as his coach but was stolen by Blake in the battle round. (Imagine the eventual outcome if Ray lost the battle and NOIVAS remained on Team Chance.)

The finale performance order favored Gina. She sang fifth and last; Grace was first and sixth.

The fact that Blake was the only coach with more than one finalist was another disadvantage for Grace. Vote splitting by people who wanted Blake to win his farewell season was bound to occur between Grace and NOIVAS.

Carson announced it was the smallest margin of victory in Voice history. Without the voting changes or NOIVAS in the Top 5 on Team Blake, I seriously doubt Gina would have become the s23 winner.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

as a big og the voice fan, the voice has became utterly trash (in my eyes ofc) for quite awhile now. i find the format to be awful, the production value has became super cheap and i feel no emotional attatchment to the contestants from the show anymore. 

idol currently fullfills all of my needs when it comes to singing competitions. i get to have my favorites performing tons of times and i actually feel like i get to know them (which the golden era of TV was also capable of doing but that was a long time ago). i still have my issues with abc idol (not the biggest fan of the live voting system) but i appreciate how much exposure they allow the contestants to have in an age where singing competitions have became extremely short period. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 5

27 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

as a big og the voice fan, the voice has became utterly trash (in my eyes ofc) for quite awhile now. i find the format to be awful, the production value has became super cheap and i feel no emotional attatchment to the contestants from the show anymore. 

idol currently fullfills all of my needs when it comes to singing competitions. i get to have my favorites performing tons of times and i actually feel like i get to know them (which the golden era of TV was also capable of doing but that was a long time ago). i still have my issues with abc idol (not the biggest fan of the live voting system) but i appreciate how much exposure they allow the contestants to have in an age where singing competitions have became extremely short period. 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet