The Voice vs. American Idol

Raquel01

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Since I feel like the preference towards Idol this season is due to having the better female cast, im wondering if yall prefer the male cast on The Voice or IDF? I think it's pretty close, at least for the top talent

Imo, the best idol contestants (Odell, Ajii, Roman) have lots of soul, raw, grittiness and incredible agility while the best of the voice are more wide range belters (Asher, Gene, Bryan). Very different strengths.

I like Tae and frank better than any of their genre counterparts on Idol though. I'd also say the weaker male singers on either show is worse on AI.

The only clear edge I'd give AI is with the singer/songwriter type. I mean, I guess Kyle is the closest the voice has this season. But I'd take Jack over him pretty comfortably.

Only Odell has consistently impressed me from AI tbh. You could put Ajii there too but I feel like he's been getting too predictable for song choices, I want to hear something different.

Meanwhile plenty of people on TV (both male and female) have stepped it up in the battles so I'd have to say TV for now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

Only Odell has consistently impressed me from AI tbh. You could put Ajii there too but I feel like he's been getting too predictable for song choices, I want to hear something different.

Meanwhile plenty of people on TV (both male and female) have stepped it up in the battles so I'd have to say TV for now.

TV may have more consistent performances, but I feel like when Idol has those special moments happening (ex: Julia and Abi's auditions) then it just far surpasses anything from TV this season (and I like both seasons lol)

3 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

TV may have more consistent performances, but I feel like when Idol has those special moments happening (ex: Julia and Abi's auditions) then it just far surpasses anything from TV this season (and I like both seasons lol)

AI sure knows how to milk a moment for what its worth but with the Platinum auditions it just feels a little too over the top and forced. For me at least, I think the most powerful “moment” across both shows so far has been this (not saying its the best performance)

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 8:03 PM, Carrie_On said:

The Voice gets more total viewers while Idol does a bit better in the 18-49 demo. 

TBH, I really don’t get why a younger artist would go on The Voice unless they’re part of a group. Although I believe Idol should raise their age limit to around 35. 

Yeah the all important 18-49 demo is what counts and in that regard Idol is winning (and has been for quite some time now). Advertisers don't care about the over 50 year old viewers. Although now I feel like traditional ratings are more irrelevant than ever. Almost nobody watches live TV anymore. Its all about streaming now.

even though I am primarily an Idol stan, I still do tune into The Voice. just not as intensely because i have my preferences! i also thought that S23 of The Voice was better than S21 of Idol (which may be a hot take given y'all seem to hate S23 but we move)! 

i just have not been able to warm up to this season at all. the contestants are extremely forgettable, especially compared to the Idol contestants (and the social media stats are telling... especially when The Voice usually has multiple viral blind auditions). 

I don't really care if people say that this season of Idol is better. That's how i felt after the first few audition's episodes of both shows, but i haven't really give any attention to Idol since the second episode so at this particular point i can't really compare both. 

Let's see what happens, i'm looking forward to the Top 24 on Idol and the Knockouts on The Voice. These rounds will tell me more about the quality of both casts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

even though I am primarily an Idol stan, I still do tune into The Voice. 

I'm more of a the Voice guy generally but sometimes one show has way more talent than the other and that just happens to be the case this time around with Idol having a strong cast and the Voice flopping this season. It just is what it is I guess. 

Edited by QueenKalie

One thing I’ve noticed is that Idol doesn’t use as much autotune as The Voice in the taped rounds. You can actually hear the bum notes, which I appreciate. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

For whatever reason, i was not impressed with last night episode of American Idol. My favorite was Abi but i was not really blown away by her performances. It was still a solid episode i guess?? But still, it left me wanting more. 

Let's see what happens tonight on the Knockouts on The Voice, but if i'm being honest, i don't have big expectations for it either. 

I'm sure the American Idol's interns will upload the performances as fast as they can so i'm gotta better watch The Voice because as far as i know the Voice's interns may very well not upload anything until tomorrow.

48 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Oh boy, AI and The voice airing at the same time today. Looks like I'm gonna have 2 tabs on.

You can watch two streams at once? Iba talaga pag nakaangat ang kababayan

• Haha 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

Was listening both episodes tonight.

Thought it was pretty close. Slight edge to TV. But no one on either show beats KBlocks..

no cause she SLAYED ;) THAT VOCAL!!! DID U HEAR THOSE RUNS??? Nailed it all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

no cause she SLAYED ;) THAT VOCAL!!! DID U HEAR THOSE RUNS??? Nailed it all

The vocal inflections, the tonal variety. Absolutely unmatched.

I can count one hand the number of Idol contestants from this season who I think would do well on The Voice. Will and Triston would be potential winners. A few others might do OK, depending on which team they’re on. To be fair, there are really only a few potential winners on each season of The Voice. We all know what the TV audience likes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

But no one on either show beats KBlocks..

Tbh I get that this may be a hot take but I'm always going to love how Idol lets a few out-there, crazy fodder contestants into the live shows. From Michelle Sussett to Nutsa, and now K-Blocks/Kennedy. They are entertaining contestants but would never stand a chance at making lives on The Voice because of the format.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, m1key said:

Tbh I get that this may be a hot take but I'm always going to love how Idol lets a few out-there, crazy fodder contestants into the live shows. From Michelle Sussett to Nutsa, and now K-Blocks/Kennedy. They are entertaining contestants but would never stand a chance at making lives on The Voice because of the format.

Honestly it might just be better TV then having another mid tier singer out there. Obviously she's not good at all but she's going to be more memorable than someone like Jack or Jordan.

6 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

AI cleared The Voice today. Much better performances, despite TV being a taped round

Idol cleared on both nights honestly, but still some pretty solid performances tonight from TV (particularly Karen, Zoe, Alyssa and Jackie)

11 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

AI cleared The Voice today. Much better performances, despite TV being a taped round

I don't think anyone on AI tonight was better than Karen & Zoe

• Like 1