Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Al Pacino
Anthony Perkins
Colin Farrell
Jim Carrey
Michael B Jordan
Nicolas Cage
Paul Giamatti
Peter Dinklage
Robert De Niro
Willem Dafoe
Alfre Woodard

Amy Poehler
Brenda Blethyn
Carrie Fisher
Edie Falco
Laura Linney
Lisa Kudrow
Niecy Nash
Regina Hall

Sally Field

Michael B Jordan

330px-2018-05-12-_Cannes-L'acteur_Michae

Michael B Jordan is someone who's been on the scene longer than I would have expected. His singature franchises in the Creed (and will be starring in the third film in 2023) and Black Panther films, but he has been around for much longer than that, initially having his breakout in The Wire all the way back in 2002, as well as All My Children. He has also been in Friday Night Lights and that awful remake of Faherheit 451 that somehow manged to be worse than the original, so I definitely have to deduct him a few points for being in those. :giggle: Good actor and one of the rising stars, but I feel comfortable cutting him now. 

Save: Brenda Blethyn

Edited by ~Tom~

Sally Field

330px-Sally_Field_(11205)_(cropped).jpg

Sally Field was one of the stars of the 70s, though the roles I know her from are mostly from her later career namely Mrs Doubtfire, Steel Magnolias and Forrest Gump. Her role as Aunt May in the Amazing Spider-Man series isn't as notable but since I know it I'll mention it. She also had a recurring role in ER, a show that I have never cared about at all, for which she won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series in 2001. Her roles in the 1970s include Stay Hungry (1976), Smokey and the Bandit (1977), Heroes (1977), The End (1978), Hooper (1978), and Norma Rae (1979). She won an Academy Award for Best Actress for Norma Rae. She's done quite a bit of Broadway work as well. So while she's had a decorated career, I'm not super passionate about her.

Save: Peter Dinklage

Laura Linney

Laura Linney Berlinale 2017.jpg

I just submitted my films and songs rankings and invented a whole new stupid round for JT and I am hashtag not in the mood but if I don't do this now then December will probably envelop me and suffocate me to death. As always I'll touch on the roles that got this performer attention from the major award organizations. 3 nominations at the Oscars, but no wins. 1 nomination for BAFTA without a win. 8 Emmy nominations and 4 wins! But no wins for Ozark there. 8 Golden Globe noms and 2 wins. Plus one pending still for the final season of Ozark. Since it is the final season, she probably has a decent shot at winning. She'll be up against Imelda for the Crown and Zendaya

Save Nicolas Cage to be maximum annoying

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol yeah I’m too lazy to do alliances nowadays so more power to them :haha: 

Yeah same 😂 but I remember that first survivor rankdown that was brutal. Sometimes we had to plan stuff in the middle of the night to pull off certain moves because of how active everyone was. Now it's just like meh I'll make my cuts and saves in games when I feel like it.

Alfre Woodard

Alfre Woodard — The Movie Database (TMDB)

I do feel a little bad cutting her, she's been in the business for forever and has had a lot of hits on her hands, but she's one of the actresses left where I just haven't loved anything she's done. A winner of four Emmys, a Golden Globe and three SAGs, she's tied with Regina King (queen) as the most Emmy-decorated black female actress. Her Oscar nom came way back in 1983(!) for Cross Creek. Let's see, going through her work, yeah I've hardly seen anything she's been in which is embarrassing because her filmography is so extensive. I've seen 12 Years a Slave! And The Wild Thornberrys of course. Unfortunately like many of my other cuts I'm just not attached to her so out she goes.

Save: Lisa Kudrow

• Sad 1

Paul Giamatti

Paul Giamatti 2010 TIFF.jpg

Paul has been in a bunch of stuff. He got oscar nom for Cinderella Man, which, gag but good for him. Also a Globe nom for that. He got his first Globe for John Adams (TV thing) and another one for Barney's Version. John Adams also got him an Emmy. I've never seen it and wouldn't imagine Paul as that part so it must have been good. I probably remember him most from Sideways and the cast there got a SAG award and he was nominated for an individual SAG award for that as well (and a Globe). He definitely has a distinct acting style and usually plays memorable supporting characters

Save Anthony Perkins

• Confused 1

Edie Falco

Edie Falco (Creator) - TV Tropes

I know she's probably amazing on The Sopranos and probably deserves objectively to last longer than around now, but I tried getting into Nurse Jackie and just couldn't really enjoy it, and I have never taken a deep dive into The Sopranos. So, with those two being her biggest projects to date, I'm not really a huge fan of Edie's. She has won four Emmys and two Golden Globes over the years. Both of her GG's were from The Sopranos but one of her Emmys was from Nurse Jackie. She did a guest bit in 30 Rock as well and picked up an Emmy nom for that (she played one of Jack's girlfriends and I enjoyed her). Besides the above, Edie has had a great career in the film world. She was in the recent Avatar 2 as well as dozens of other movies, most of which I have not seen. Very talented and well decorated but I am fine with her leaving now.

Save: Amy Poehler

• Like 1

Jim Carrey

gettyimages-691030284-h_2017.jpg?w=1296

Jim Carrey is A Lot. Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes that's not. Jim Carrey in The Truman Show? That was a lot in a good way! Jim Carrey doing whatever the hell he was doing in The Grinch? Not so much. Jim Carrey in I Love You Phillip Morris? His best performance ever! Jim Carrey deciding to grow that beard? Not so much. You catch my drift. At this point in the game, inconsistent doesn't work for me. I probably like Jim Carrey more than dislike him though. Obviously Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is an iconic movie and while personallyme it's not one of my all-time favorites or anything, I do respect it. And I will use this opportunity to once again push the I Love You Phillip Morris agenda because it's legit one of my favorite movies ever. He does also practice Transcendental Meditation and is an anti vax idiot and kissed Alicia Silverstone at an awards show without her consent so even off screen we're taking the good with the bad here with Jim Carrey.

Save Regina Hall

Carrie Fisher

carrie-fisher3-1-9f3ccdaa5ec248e2b469fd0b34d4c36f.jpg

Carrie Fisher is an inspiration. So unapologetically real, so unapologetically herself. I love how open she was about her life, struggles and all. She's one of the few celebrities I really connected with on a personal level. When she passed I was devastated. Even typing this up I'm regretting the cut I love her that much, and I'm someone who doesn't idolize celebrities and tries to keep a distance from them cause they'll all let you down. I read her Wishful Drinking autobiography. I watched her Bright Lights documentary. I was really all in. Sadly, I'm just less attached to her filmography than the others.

Obviously Carrie Fisher is iconic for playing Princess Leia in the Star Wars films. Not a big performance or anything, but the audience lit up every time she was on screen. I think female characters are luckily written a lot better in Star Wars stuff now than they were back then, but Carrie Fisher made the most of a character that could've been rather one-note. My favorite non-Star Wars films she was in are Hannah and Her Sisters (I know, I know, Woody Allen, don't drag me I would never legally pay money to see one of his things but there's no denying he #snapped back in the day) and When Harry Met Sally. Her guest stint in 30 Rock is also brilliant and one of my favorite guest characters on the show. I can't say I'm that familiar with her outside of those roles unfortunately. And for that reason I've gotta cut her.

Save Al Pacino