Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Matt Damon

Matt Damon GIFs | Tenor

Apologies for these terrible write-ups, it's a busy morning for me. Matt Damon is definitely one of the most famous names in Hollywood and I do like him. He's very talented and has been nominated for a slew of awards (although he doesn't really seem to be good at actually winning them), picking up nods for Oscars, Golden Globes, Emmys and beyond. Oh wait he won a Golden Globe for his performance in The Martian! And he did win an Oscar for his screenwriting work in Good Will Hunting, but this is an acting rankdown. My favorite role of his actually, I know to some that's just a generic crowd pleaser but I enjoyed it. He's done a lot of movies, from Saving Private Ryan to Syriana to The Departed to True Grit to The Informant and beyond. Everyone knows him. I enjoy Matt Damon but he's not a big favorite of mine and I kind of lump him in the same category as George Clooney and Brad Pitt- huge iconic names in Hollywood that I never really connected with.

Save: Julia Garner

Patricia Clarkson

Patricia Clarkson Height, Weight, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Facts, Biography

I do really enjoy Patricia Clarkson. My favorite thing she's done actually is Sharp Objects with Amy Adams on HBO, she did a great job at portraying an incredibly overbearing mother. Patricia is a prolific legend whose accolades include Emmys and a Golden Globe. She's been in a wide variety of films and movies, from Martin Scorsese flicks to HBO productions to Broadway plays, winning acclaim along the way. I enjoyed her in what I saw of Six Feet Under as well as Easy A. You know, looking at her filmography I haven't really seen too much of what she's done which is maybe why I don't feel a strong connection to her filmography. But she is a legend in her own right, very talented and good at playing icy, chilly characters. 

Save: Alison Brie

Henry Winkler

2-28-22-Henry-Winkler-1024x569-1-1024x640.jpg

Ask someone from the 70's who Henry Winkler is and they'll probably say The Fonz. However, I know and love Winkler from the various comedies I love that he's popped up in. He's hilarious as Jean-Ralphio and Mona Lisa's father in Parks & Rec. He's perfect as the inept lawyer Barry Zuckerkorn in Arrested Development. However, he's flawless as Gene Cousineau in Bill Hader's HBO masterpiece Barry. A well deserved Emmy win for someone who has been working on the small screen for as long as Henry Winkler. His film work leaves a lot to be desired. Lots of shitty Adam Sandler movies in the bunch. But that's okay. Everyone's gotta make a living. I'm still a big fan, but he's a fair cut at this point of the game.

Save Al Pacino

David Tennant

david-tennant-tenth-doctor-who-doomsday.jpg

Matt Smith is gone so David Tennant is now the highest ranked doctor as he should be! Thus, I feel comfortable cutting him here. David Tennant is best known for playing the 10th Doctor in Doctor Who, easily my favorite doctor (though I haven't watched since Capaldi). David Tennant's tenure on the show was the peak of my Doctor Who obsession. He's been great everywhere I've seen him though! My favorite performance of Tennant's was as Kilgrave in the first season of Jessica Jones. He was a terrifying villain and helped make Jessica Jones S1 my favorite Netflix Marvel show ever. I also know him from Broadchurch, though I stopped watching after the second series since it wasn't as good as the first. But Olivia Colman really steals the show. David Tennant's been all over British television though. If you watched a British tv show, chances are you've seen David Tennant. Not too familiar with him on the film side of things. He played Barty Crouch Jr. in a Harry Potter movie, but that wasn't a big role. He's great and all, but it appears he almost got cut earlier in the round so now I'll lock the cut in.

Save Tessa Thompson

Benedict Cumberbatch

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF

In the words of Zach Galifianakis, "If you didn't have an accent, do you think people would be able to tell that you're not a very good actor?"

Holt sh*t this is so funny. I actually don't have any vendetta against Benedict. I think his name and his unique face are more memorable than his actual acting, but his acting is still pretty great. I've seen a fair amount of his stuff as well. Imitation Game, Sherlock, Star Trek, 12 Years a Slave, MCU, etc. I feel like he got the most acclaim for Imitation Game, got nominated for basically every award but unfortunately didn't win. He was up against Eddie Redmayne as Hawking. The few awards that Eddie didn't win were snagged by Michael Keaton in Birdman. Benedict did get an Emmy and a Critic's Choice for Sherlock. I forget if I've seen all of Sherlock.. I think so? It started great and got kind of redundant but at least BBC seasons are pretty short. The only thing that kept me interested was to see if Andrew Scott's Moriarty was going to be officially queer or not

Save Kirsten Dunst of course

Angela Bassett

Angela Bassett Burn GIF

Unlike Jim, Angela has actually been recognized by the Academy. She was nominated for Best Actress in 1993 for her Tina Turner biopic. She got the Golden Globe that year as well. She's up for another Globe this year for Wakanda Forever, so we shall see how that shakes out. She's also gotten a lot of love from the Emmy nominations, but inexplicably has not won one yet. Lead Actress nom for Rosa Parks, AHS nominations, some other Guest Actress work. She's also never gotten a BET award apparently, since I have the wikipedia open. But she's won a whopping 13 NAACP Image Awards, so at least one organization is giving her the love she deserves. She has had many iconic roles but special shout-out to How Stella Got Her Groove Back and also, because it's me, shout-out to her being a lead on ER in the final years. She's not afraid of procedurals and can be found currently on 9-1-1

Save Jim Carrey

• Sad 1

Adam Driver
Adam Sandler
Adam Scott

Christopher Plummer
Daniel Kaluuya
Dev Patel
Gael García Bernal 
James Gandolfini
Jason Bateman
Jennifer Aniston