Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Gene Kelly

Gene Kelly — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Alright if we can't have Jimmy then I'm kind of over keeping any of the old Hollywood gang around. Hmmm I guess I could save Jimmy later but too late I said I'm over it! Gene Kelly is a legendary icon of dance and film. One of the most influential dancers of the 20th century. Maybe of all time! Why not, let's have fun with superlatives today. An American in Paris. Singing in the Rain. On the Town. Debbie Reynolds. Fred Astaire. Judy Garland. Cyd Charisse. He also choreographed and directed a lot of things. He got an honorary Oscar waaaay back in 1952. All that after famously getting these notes after an audition: Can't act. Can't sing. Balding. Can dance a little.

Save Gael GB

• Thanks 1

Annette Bening

Over It Ugh GIF by A24

Most known for her work as Mar-Vell in the MCU, this little known actress has actually had a pretty decent career leading up to that prestigious role. She has been nominated for an Oscar 4 times, a Tony 2 times, and an Emmy 1 time. She has 2 Golden Globes, one for Being Julia and the other for The Kids Are All Right. She also snagged a SAG award and a BAFTA for American Beauty. She's been married to Warren Beatty since 1992, making them another one of the rare long-lasting Hollywood power couples. I'm actually surprised that she doesn't have an Oscar yet, but it's hard to spread the love when there are so many great actress legends and rising stars out there.

Save Edie Falco

• Sad 1

Stellan Skarsgard

440px-Stellan_Skarsg%C3%A5rd_at_the_2017_Berlinalevds.jpg

I like all four people left but i also like the Alfre and Francis way more than the other two so Stellan muss leave now. Stellan has an extensive filmography and has appeared in more than 100 films which is a lot of movies. I have watched like ten of those: Insomnia, Good Will Hunting, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Angels & Demons, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Thor: Love and Thunder. Insomnia is the film that I like the most out of it, cause an European psychological thriller is up there on my alley. He has done many stuff on TV as well but I guess he's most famous for his role on Chernobyl and his current role on Andor. Andor is a show that I'm very excited to watch but I have to go first through The Mandalorian and all the other Star Wars series first. He got a lot of awards for his stuff on Chernobyl which as very deserving given his great performance there.

Saving Alfre Woodard

tumblr_oeg4gaAVuZ1qa9qc7o4_r1_540.gif

Edited by .Rei

Barry Keoghan

440px-Barry_Keoghan_at_Dunkirk_World_Premiere.jpg

Barry is another actor that I like but I'm not passionate about. I feel most of his performances are very solid but he also seems to do the same in all of them. Dunkirk, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, The Eternals and American Animals are the films that I've watched from him, and I really liked all of them. I think he's very talented but I wish to watch him channeling a different type of character in other movies. He recently appeared in the movie The Banshees of Inisherin and yesterday he received a Golden Globe Nomination for Best Actor in a Supporting Role, so another film that I need to check in the near future. He also made a quick cameo on The Batman as The Joker which I guess is an indication for what's to come in the future for him.

Saving Frances Conroy

AnotherConcernedBaboon-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

CYCLE 3: DOUBLE NOMINATIONS II

d%C3%A9j%C3%A0vu.gif

NOMINATION ORDER

M5Te3Ek.png

The rules will be the same as the previous cycle.

When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 20 actors/actresses for elimination. The other rankers will cut and save at a first come, first serve basis. You are allowed to claim four people in the same post. Since you have two write-ups to post per round, the time limit to post write-ups is extended to 45 minutes. You're allowed to refresh only once before the time limit expires.

If you do not post your write-up within 24 hours without requesting an extension, then another ranker (including the nominator) can swoop in and claim the cut/save.

If you don't post your nominations within 24 hours without requesting an extension, then the randomizer will decide.

Note that the people saved cannot be nominated the following round.

Andy is nominating first this cycle. By the end of this cycle, we will be down 60 people.

If you have any questions, then let me know!

Good luck to your favorites!

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~

Actually I’m good:

Alan Rickman

Ben Stiller

Brian Tyree Henry

Evan Peters

Gary Oldman

Jeremy Strong

Joe Pesci

Paul Giamatti

Sam Rockwell