Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

25 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Q&A with Jeremy and Conda Britt from 'The Biggest Loser' - mlive.comBiggest Loser' Winner Jeremy Britt Sheds More Than Half His Body Weight —  Video

Jeremy Britt (The Biggest Loser - Season 13: No Excuses)

I may have dragged some shows into this game that no one else has ever seen, so it's my pleasure to make those cuts for you guys to read and enjoy. The Biggest Loser is an extremely problematic show for many different reasons, which imo culminated in the truly ICONIC season 15 finale which I will talk about later. But let's pretend it's just an ordinary show for now so I can talk about how Jeremy Britt was on Season 13 with his sister, Conda Britt, and they were maybe my most hated reality personalities ever???? If that's possible? To be fair, The Biggest Loser has ZERO rewatch value and I have not revisited any of the seasons (except the season 15 finale) so this is probably just clouded by my personal biases at the time or whatever. But while I don't even remember so many contestants/winners of this show, this guy and his sister stick out to me so clearly in my mind so they must have been heinous in some way. 

There was only one black couple on this season, Daphne and Adrian, and when I tell you my household was rooting for them soooo hard like we couldn't even entertain any other idea. Daphne & Adrian were eliminated in the FIRST EPISODE but they were given the chance to come back later if they were able to complete an at-home challenge. AND THEY DID IT. Of course when they came back to the ranch, the rest of the contestants weren't exactly thrilled to have additional competition but the way they were treated went sooooo far beyond that and was lowkey really really questionable and gross. Led by Conda and her minion brother Jeremy. And they were systematically targeted and voted off. So my beloved Daphne & Adrian never got the chance to truly get their redemption and revenge against the Britts and that was such a let down. Then at the end of it all, Jeremy wins the whole thing with his impressive weight loss, making him one of my least-liked winners of all shows ever. I'm nicer than the people at the old TWOP forums so I won't repeat their nickname for Jeremy based on a certain body part but I do still think of that nickname when I think of Jeremy.

ツ)_/¯ — @imaginaryelle replied to your post:*me sipping...

THIS WAS THE SEASON WITH THE WALK-OUT. The final 5 contestants learned that there would be a twist before the finale and that someone who was eliminated would come back for a spot in the finals. You know, something that is SO COMMON IN EVERY REALITY SHOW including THIS REALITY SHOW in past seasons. But the contestants gassed themselves up and decided it was sooooooo unfair including Jeremy and they spent half an episode whining about it and talking to the show's lawyers and producers. Two of them actually quit permanently because of the POSSIBILITY of the twist where a black person past contestant might rejoin the competition. Anyway, it turns out that STUPID JEREMY was in the bottom that episode and would have been eliminated IF NOT FOR THE TWIST. So he and his sister cried the whole time about it and then it was Jeremy who ended up winning the twist to get into the finale. Yes, his final weight loss percentage was a massive 51.16% (he went from 389 lbs to 190 lbs) but we'll never know if he was the rightful winner because of the crybabies who quit and boycotted the finale.

• Like 1

Helen Wood

helen-wood-big-brother-2014.jpg

I really had no idea on what to do with this cut and was thinking of maybe holding off on this and maybe having Zoey make this cut (as I think she dislikes Helen)? Or for anyone else. But I'll suppose I'll do this now with making Helen Wood my first cut.

Helen Wood is the winner of Big Brother UK Series 15. She was definitely one of the most controversial people I've seen on this show and some things I read even call her one of the most vile housemates to be on that show. I wouldn't really use that word myself pre se, but she was pretty bad and really annoying. Worst of all, she was granted immunity through the entire run of her series. I can't remember the reasoning but I believe she got immunity on the first or second day of the show. That meant, she could never be nominated by any of the housemates and never had to face the public vote. So she got to be comfortable and act a fool all she wanted with no consequences. She thought she was the Queen of the house when she was actually the house bully. She called it as "telling it like it is" but she was really just bullying people. She was just so nasty and rude towards many of the housemates.  A few examples I found were how Ofcom received over 1,500 complaints for Helen Wood and Pauline Bennett bullying Jale Karaturp. Helen received a warning of bullying Jale on Day 12. Then on Day 21, Helen received another warning of using threatening behavior to Matthew Davies. I feel like she would often get warnings but never get removed because of the ~entertainment~ or ~ratings~ she brought to the show.

I was disgusted and so disappointed she won. I thought she would have been disliked enough not to win but... I was wrong. I was disappointed and disgusted she beat out angels such as Ashleigh Coyle and Christopher Hall, as they were my favorites over her. 😐 Ashleigh did end her often times and defended others to her as she seemed like the only one who could stand up to Helen, which slay at least!

Helen continued to cause drama after her time of winning the series. Ben Frow (the head of Channel 5) banned Helen from making any more future related appearances on BBUK or the spinoff show of, But on the Side. Hmm I can't say or determine if Helen is the exact worst amongst all of these winners, but I'd say she's at least Top 20, maybe Top 10? I think with stuff outside of the show stuff/lives, there are others that are worse. But basing it on the shows where these people won, Helen is up there. She was just someone that jumped up at me and I am sure other BBUK watchers could have dragged her better than me but I did my best. :haha: 

I'll post some videos of her ~Best Moments~ aka worst moments.... of just Helen being awful. 😐 Enjoy, y'all!

Oh wow did not expect Helen to show up this soon. Not that it's undeserved. I probably would've targeted her after the bottom 100 or show. While she is objectively awful (more-so in 16 than 15) I also find her to be really psychologically fascinating and kinda heartbreaking. I think Helen had a very sad life with all the Wayne Rooney drama and being betrayed and all that. She clearly developed a tough outer shell because of that. However, that's no excuse for the way she treated people because it was f*cking awfullllllllll. At a certain point, you gotta take responsibility for your actions. I think if she lost BB15 I would've been able to handle the Helen Wood experience more as a complex character. But that's all with the caveat that BB16 doesn't happen where she tells Brian, a Black man, he looks like a murderer and a rapist and therefore ends any and all sympathy I had for her.

"Always in the right" is kinda iconique though 🙈

36 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Oh wow did not expect Helen to show up this soon. Not that it's undeserved. I probably would've targeted her after the bottom 100 or show. While she is objectively awful (more-so in 16 than 15) I also find her to be really psychologically fascinating and kinda heartbreaking. I think Helen had a very sad life with all the Wayne Rooney drama and being betrayed and all that. She clearly developed a tough outer shell because of that. However, that's no excuse for the way she treated people because it was f*cking awfullllllllll. At a certain point, you gotta take responsibility for your actions. I think if she lost BB15 I would've been able to handle the Helen Wood experience more as a complex character. But that's all with the caveat that BB16 doesn't happen where she tells Brian, a Black man, he looks like a murderer and a rapist and therefore ends any and all sympathy I had for her.

"Always in the right" is kinda iconique though 🙈

Ahh yeah I really had no idea where to go with the first cut. You bring up a lot of good points. I totally forgot about the Wayne Rooney drama and didn't really remember it at all regarding her backstory. But yeah she did treat people terribly and it was tough to watch. Ah I forgot about her BB16 stuff but ugh even more disgusting stuff from her. 😐 

LMAOO It kinda is..... and lmao I did kinda love that quote. :haha: That quote was both annoying and hilarious to me. :dead: 

Tate Stevens

tate_stevens_a_p.jpg?w=865&h=485&crop=1

Stephen "Tater" Eatinger, known by his stage name Tate Stevens, is a country music artist that won the second season of the US version of The X Factor. He won a $5 million recording contract with Syco Music and RCA Records Nashville. I see he has that one album he owed them, a self-titled one released in 2013. I haven't heard anything about him since his win. I thought he was boring and basic. I put him in this rankdown so I could cut him. I am still not pleased that he won over Carly Rose Sonenclar. I am not sure what America sees in singers like Tate, there are so many like him. I see he also has an EP released in 2016 under some weird label, download only. His two charted songs were at 49 and 50 on the US Country chart. He did a free show in June 2022, which I just discovered when I was grabbing a photo. Does anyone even remember him besides me? I only remember for the not so good reasons.

Edited by taylorkat
  • Like 1

PIERS MORGAN

hqdefault.jpg

I watched The Celebrity Apprentice when it aired. It was an enjoyable show at the time, but anything with Trump is tainted nowadays. Piers Morgan won the first season, and I can admit he was a worthy winner. He did play the game and pulled his weight in tasks too. Although, Carol Alt was robbed of a place in the finale so Trump could have this good vs. evil narrative in the final (Piers representing evil while Trace Adkins represented good). Piers was also in a very ugly feud with Omarosa throughout the season. The way he belittled her was out of line. He seemed to have a problem with her because she wasn't (according to him) a "real celebrity." He also had a bias against her due to her reputation as a Reality TV villain from her first time on The Apprentice. Although, Omarosa did go too far by bringing up his family in arguments near the end of her time on the show, I think it was easier to be Team Omarosa watching that rivalry play out on TV. They disliked each other so much that the ugliness continued post-show too. Anyway, Piers Morgan is a very smarmy person and not very likable. His hate b*ner for Meghan Markle really showed how gross he can be. He would badmouth her constantly on TV, but what does he do the moment someone calls him out? This:

piers-morgan-walks-off-see-you-later.gif

It's kind of odd, isn't it? Piers would criticize Megan for not being able to handle all the ugly things the media has written about her and how she felt like she was being treated. But he couldn't even sit there when a colleague called him out. Anyway, I have no qualms with making Piers Morgan my first cut of this game. There are a lot more problematic things about Piers, but I'll just end it here. Good riddance.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Also Alex being such the trendsetter with the way rankdowns are newly done now. :giggle: 

12 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Alex had to switch it up after Steven broke the internet with the mini-rankdown concept

but yeah, this is a great idea that I think will be here to stay

I kind of want to bring back the Actors & Actresses rankdown with this format, but I think there are too many new games that have started now. :haha: 

30 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I kind of want to bring back the Actors & Actresses rankdown with this format, but I think there are too many new games that have started now. :haha: 

well Big Brother Canada will be done soon, the Billboard Artist thing doesn't have much longer, and and Alex may take a hiatus from the Films Mini Rankdown after 2021

Chevel Shepherd

?uuid=74C2BB45-03C8-464D-8039-8657F86162

Since no one has told me what I should/shouldn't cut for other franchises I don't know of, I will start by cutting from the ones I do and work from there. Chevel was bad. She was really bad. Even by the slippery slope of talent pool level The Voice had post-S10, she stood out for being too undercooked to deliver in any relevant way or give any performance that was actually passable. And then somehow she won. She won even though there was a much better teen in the season. She hasn't done much of note since winning her season, but that's par the course for anyone that won this show. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure she was the first out of the franchise for being dull af in a pretty dull season.

Not complaints on the Chevel cut and don't really disagree on what Nico said. She was definitely my least favorite female winner of The Voice U.S. I have no idea where she ranks amongst the number of male winners I don't care for. :haha: 

Also totally fine with Tate Stevens' cut as he was easily my least favorite winner from The X Factor US. :haha: 

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

PIERS MORGAN

hqdefault.jpg

I watched The Celebrity Apprentice when it aired. It was an enjoyable show at the time, but anything with Trump is tainted nowadays. Piers Morgan won the first season, and I can admit he was a worthy winner. He did play the game and pulled his weight in tasks too. Although, Carol Alt was robbed of a place in the finale so Trump could have this good vs. evil narrative in the final (Piers representing evil while Trace Adkins represented good). Piers was also in a very ugly feud with Omarosa throughout the season. The way he belittled her was out of line. He seemed to have a problem with her because she wasn't (according to him) a "real celebrity." He also had a bias against her due to her reputation as a Reality TV villain from her first time on The Apprentice. Although, Omarosa did go too far by bringing up his family in arguments near the end of her time on the show, I think it was easier to be Team Omarosa watching that rivalry play out on TV. They disliked each other so much that the ugliness continued post-show too. Anyway, Piers Morgan is a very smarmy person and not very likable. His hate b*ner for Meghan Markle really showed how gross he can be. He would badmouth her constantly on TV, but what does he do the moment someone calls him out? This:

piers-morgan-walks-off-see-you-later.gif

It's kind of odd, isn't it? Piers would criticize Megan for not being able to handle all the ugly things the media has written about her and how she felt like she was being treated. But he couldn't even sit there when a colleague called him out. Anyway, I have no qualms with making Piers Morgan my first cut of this game. There are a lot more problematic things about Piers, but I'll just end it here. Good riddance.

Excellent first cut

• Thanks 1