Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Posted (edited)

Reality Champions Game Overview:

Every 24 hours you can cut one Champion of your choice with a 100-word writeup and a picture. You cannot reserve a cut and come back and edit it later. You must have your cut, 100 words, and picture ready when you make your cut or it will not count. Your time resets 24 hours after your previous cut. The clock does not reset at the start of each day. In order to participate from the top 100 on, you will have to have participated in this game to an extent up to that point. In order to participate in the Final Cut and Vote, you will need to make a minimum of cuts AND cut since the Top 100 was revealed.  The timers will be updated on the first page based on my Central time zone.

I will remove immunities as they hit the designated numbers.  You shouldn't have to wait for me, but if you do just @ me to do it.

The Final Cut and Vote: 

The difference between my version and Alex's is this game will have a Final Cut and Vote during as the last round of the rankdown.  To qualify for the final cut and vote you will need to make at least 30 cuts throughout the rankdown. Once we get down to there being enough final cuts available + 3 the last round will begin. This round is variable as if 12 members qualify it will be at the Final 15, if only 8 qualify then it will be final 11, etc. Once we hit the final round every ranker will have 24 hours to make one final cut (regardless of how long ago they cut before this round started).  After that the final 3 will be revealed, and every qualifying ranker will have 24 hours to send me a vote for one of the final 3. I will then calculate the votes, post the results and the last 3 write ups can be handled.

I hope that makes sense, the game may now begin.

@*Chris @Elliott  @Alex95 @*Amanda @*Diana @jarmon @FrogLenzen @*Wallace @Steven_  @taylorkat @rdhaley96 @JC  @*Lily @Qorey  @Zoey  @NGM 

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

Joshua Allen

MV5-BMTQw-NDM0-ODY1-M15-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-F

I could of went with a lot of different people for first cut we have a lot of trash to get though but my first cut goes to So You Think You Can Dance season 4 champion Joshua Allen. At the time the season aired I was a huge Katua fan and its beyond unfortunate that their journey had to be tarnished by this man and his despicable behavior. He has been dragged in many games and he deserves it. It's truly such a tragic story and not someone I think we should keep in this game for any point so I'll make this my first cut 

Edited by *Diana

This all sounds really interesting and fun. 😮 

And now I'm starting to get scared. :dead: 

Also Alex being such the trendsetter with the way rankdowns are newly done now. :giggle: 

Just now, *Wallace said:

Also Alex being such the trendsetter with the way rankdowns are newly done now. :giggle: 

Alex had to switch it up after Steven broke the internet with the mini-rankdown concept

but yeah, this is a great idea that I think will be here to stay

• Like 1

ADAM JASINSKI

KmgzCPDRKo6i4CJj5JzBeg.jpg

Adam Jasinski is the Winner of the 9th season of Big Brother. Which was deemed one of the worst seasons of Big Brother until BB19, BB21 & BB22 came around. Anyway, I remember when I was watching the seasons of Big Brother that I hadn't watched before and watching this season was just eh. Never cared for Adam so wasn't over the moon when he won. Anyway, he's been pretty awful after his season and well as per wikipedia:

On October 4, 2010, Jasinski appeared in U.S. District Court in Boston, Massachusetts and pleaded guilty to charges of possession with intent to distribute Oxycodone and failure to file a tax return for the year he won the $500,000 prize on Big Brother. Jasinski was remanded to custody. In what has been described as an ironic twist, Jasinski's lawyer said she planned to recommend a sentence of house arrest. So yeah, that's that. Bye from this Rankdown, Adam.

Posted (edited)

Buddha Lo

Top Chef' Winner Buddha Lo on What's Next for Him (EXCLUSIVE)

My first cut that I decided to make in this game is Buddha Lo.  Why did I decide to cut the most recent champion of Top Chef?  Well his name kept getting lost on my spreadsheet while I was tracking the early events of this rankdown.  Lord knows why he kept evading me, but he did the point that I got very frustrated.  I also wanted to cut someone I didn't know first and he gave me the excuse.  Buddha Lo competed in the 19th season of Top Chef, and he won 3 elimination challenges.  He won the second most out of anyone that season.  He also placed high 4 times, and if that was anything like drag race that is a good showing of 7 out of his 11 competitive weeks. He beat out competitors Evelyn (probably front runner looking at status) and Sarah (competition returnee due to being eliminated), hold his title last year. 

Edited by Solaris

Stephen Bear

596010208-e1510301849949.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

So as I mentioned earlier in the game, I'm mainly focusing on these people's winning seasons. A lot of them have long and comprehensive rtv careers and since this is a game about winners, I don't need to really focus about their other many losses. I'll probably talk about it a bit as its relevant, but for Bear we're mainly focusing on his Celebrity Big Brother season and his heinous post-show behavior. Anyways, Bear as he is called, was on the 18th season of Celebrity Big Brother in the UK. I don't know how exactly he qualified as a celebrity considering all he was on was some forgotten season of Shipwrecked and two seasons of Ex on the Beach. It's funny how Kayleigh Morris had to go on the Civilian Big Brother despite being an EOTB "star" while Bear got to be on the Celebrity version. But I digress. Bear was a nothing character on CBB despite the fact that his legions of fans declared him the star of the show and how boring the show would have been without him. It's true that Bear sucked up the most of the airtime, so I guess by that metric he was the main character of the season. However, the season sucked so I'm assuming Bear is to blame for that. Bear quickly found himself f*cking Chloe Khan publicly in every room of the house, would run around screaming "ROOFLESS" whatever that means, and would throw away people's foods because he's a "wind up merchant". Frankly Bear should've been ejected from the show multiple times, but the producers had absolutely no control over him or this season. I should have quit when Saira Khan was unjustly evicted second, but I was looking forward to watching Bear's downfall. The "wind-up merchant" character never wins this show. Some boring "good guy" takes the crown at the last second. Ricky Norwood was destined for that fate, but he was that boring that not even he could pull off the win. So here we are. Stephen Bear wins the show. The only interesting thing about him was the various ways he was taken down by people like Saira, Renee Graziano, and Aubrey O'Day. I'm personally partial to Aubrey's rant where she correctly predicts he will win the show, but that's all he has going for him because he is a loser in life and will never accomplish anything else. And as she usually was on that season, Aubrey was correct!

Now since the show Bear did make his way over the the United States to begin a Challenge career. Coming onto War of the Worlds, he was partnered with the legendary Da'Vonne and they became the stars of the show. Perhaps Aubrey was not correct after all? Bear was on the show for three seasons, slowly but surely taking over the show and becoming one of the new names of the franchise. What could possibly go wrong? Well I'll tell you. Maybe it was posting a sex tape of him and Georgia Harrison on his onlyfans without her consent leading to his arrest. Maybe it was the multiple accusations of him sleeping with underage women. Maybe it's the fact that he somehow is still freely roaming the streets despite all this vile shit he's done. Luckily he is off our tv screens for good, but his victims still clearly do not have justice so that's not good enough. Based solely on his CBB stint, he was always gonna be an early cut of mine as one of my least favorite winners ever. His postshow behavior made it easy for him to be my first cut of the game.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I wasn't rooting for Buddha for most of the season but he really crushed the finale and the judges seemed to think he was the clear victor

I did read a little bit about him as I decided to cut him, but I dont know if the winner is based on the last challenge or on the season.

Also there was someone named Bear in this rankdown? xD

Edited by Solaris

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Uhhh I have NO idea who to cut first. :dead: 🤣

Looks like several strategies in play.  I went with someone I didn't know and others went with winners they disliked.

Just now, Solaris said:

Looks like several strategies in play.  I went with someone I didn't know and others went with winners they disliked.

Yeah that's the two strategies I'm stuck between. I'll probably alternate but hope not to cut a favorite of someone's I don't know. :haha: 

Q&A with Jeremy and Conda Britt from 'The Biggest Loser' - mlive.comBiggest Loser' Winner Jeremy Britt Sheds More Than Half His Body Weight —  Video

Jeremy Britt (The Biggest Loser - Season 13: No Excuses)

I may have dragged some shows into this game that no one else has ever seen, so it's my pleasure to make those cuts for you guys to read and enjoy. The Biggest Loser is an extremely problematic show for many different reasons, which imo culminated in the truly ICONIC season 15 finale which I will talk about later. But let's pretend it's just an ordinary show for now so I can talk about how Jeremy Britt was on Season 13 with his sister, Conda Britt, and they were maybe my most hated reality personalities ever???? If that's possible? To be fair, The Biggest Loser has ZERO rewatch value and I have not revisited any of the seasons (except the season 15 finale) so this is probably just clouded by my personal biases at the time or whatever. But while I don't even remember so many contestants/winners of this show, this guy and his sister stick out to me so clearly in my mind so they must have been heinous in some way. 

There was only one black couple on this season, Daphne and Adrian, and when I tell you my household was rooting for them soooo hard like we couldn't even entertain any other idea. Daphne & Adrian were eliminated in the FIRST EPISODE but they were given the chance to come back later if they were able to complete an at-home challenge. AND THEY DID IT. Of course when they came back to the ranch, the rest of the contestants weren't exactly thrilled to have additional competition but the way they were treated went sooooo far beyond that and was lowkey really really questionable and gross. Led by Conda and her minion brother Jeremy. And they were systematically targeted and voted off. So my beloved Daphne & Adrian never got the chance to truly get their redemption and revenge against the Britts and that was such a let down. Then at the end of it all, Jeremy wins the whole thing with his impressive weight loss, making him one of my least-liked winners of all shows ever. I'm nicer than the people at the old TWOP forums so I won't repeat their nickname for Jeremy based on a certain body part but I do still think of that nickname when I think of Jeremy.

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

f1c9d3p.gif

The Queen of being on 100+ reality TV shows, Aubrey O'Day was always gonna find a way to be included in this game. 😘 

Shes legit probably my favorite contestant from The Apprentice ever.  She was basically half genius and half unhinged.  Truly iconic.

• Like 4

Lol this is the most I've ever learned about The Biggest Loser besides remembering commercials with Ruben Studdard on it years ago. I'm looking forward to reading writeups from the fellow overachievers like me educating me on these random winners from random shows :wub:

• Like 4

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown