The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

How do we feel about Holly’s appeal in comparison to Grace’s? Pretend the coaches aren’t a factor.

Grace is younger, I´d say say she´d still have the upper hand. 

That being said, just based on the show, I´d say Holly is standing her ground pretty well against Grace. Didn´t expect her to have the power she has shown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

How do we feel about Holly’s appeal in comparison to Grace’s? Pretend the coaches aren’t a factor.

Grace's song choices has far been more appealing to the demographic than Holly's. "Lady Like" is not a song to get votes, and the Facebook's reactions are proof of that. But maybe "Blue Moon Of Kentucky" is gonna help her.

But, Holly's advantage is having plenty of local support. Yeah, she is not getting much attention from outside of her home state, but the local support she is getting is gonna help her at least to get to the fonale

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

Everyone was talking about how All By Myself is a weird choice but personally I can see her doing it? She’s really really good with the big notes. I have no doubt that she’ll slay it.

yeah, she had a really great big note on falling water. all by myself is a beast of a song and requires more than she’s showed us so far vocally, but she hasn’t really gotten the chance to show us insane vocals considering her two song choices.

so excited for us Kylee stans to have our moment !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

@QueenMae16, how much does your mom like Kylee rn? i want to set a baseline so we can figure out how much her opinion of Kylee decreases after she dares to cover Celine

She hasn't been on her radar, but I think she liked her battle. If she's doing Celine's version, then she will need to step it up and give the performance of her life.

I like Kylee so far though, I'm hoping she can do well with it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

She hasn't been on her radar, but I think she liked her battle. If she's doing Celine's version, then she will need to step it up and give the performance of her life.

I like Kylee so far though, I'm hoping she can do well with it.

Hope she brings it too. Might not be as flawless as Keisha though (sorry Hamza lol), but I still think she's capable.

Edited by allistr
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, istersay said:

some posts about rules and instagram posts were moved to General Discussion

A few of the comments moved to discussions included spoilers. What would happen to those?

Edited by Cookie73

22 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Also, a note on Holly. She has some really nice, pretty vocals alongside a massive voice that can hit impressive notes. However, one thing that's holding me back from stanhood is her enunciation (I know, ironic coming from an Allegra stan). I genuinely can't understand what she's saying sometimes. That being said, I think part of the issue is that her battle song genuinely has some unintelligible lyrics. Like the following is definitely an exaggeration but I genuinely had no idea if she truly was saying "Mona Lisa" until just now when I looked up the lyrics.

I could bring you to your knees (woah a line that makes sense)
And get you kicked out the Garden of Eden (okay allusion i see you)
Untameable, unframeable, Mona Lisa (bestie what! where did Mona Lisa come from?)
Oh, kiss you like a whiskey fire (if someone said this to me i would not want to kiss them..)
Turn around, leave your heart in a riot (what does this even mean!)
Lipstick in a cigarette pack on the dash (why would you put your lipstick in a cigarette pack!)

Cannot wait for the day you analyze the lyrics of "Fancy Like" by Walker Hayes

1 minute ago, allistr said:

Cannot wait for the day you analyze the lyrics of "Fancy Like" by Walker Hayes

i would absolutely love to but not sure if i’d be allowed to on the voice subforuks. maybe if i do a ranking of the contestants based on the most weird song they sang on the show and did a fun little analysis 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i would absolutely love to but not sure if i’d be allowed to on the voice subforuks. maybe if i do a ranking of the contestants based on the most weird song they sang on the show and did a fun little analysis 😍

Come Together would be fun 😂 It would fit well in the GD thread  . . .

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Come Together would be fun 😂 It would fit well in the GD thread  . . .

Yeah, good luck with that one lol. I don´t think McCartney even knows on what the hell Lennon was on when he wrote those lyrics.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, good luck with that one lol. I don´t think McCartney even knows on what the hell Lennon was on when he wrote those lyrics.

Lol  I looked at several lyric sites a while back to see if anyone had a clue. Nope. The only thing I'm sure of is that Lennon stole the first line from Chuck Berry (You Can't Catch Me - they later paid) and he called the lyrics "gobbledegook" in an interview.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

Lol  I looked at several lyric sites a while back to see if anyone had a clue. Nope. The only thing I'm sure of is that Lennon stole the first line from Chuck Berry (Catch Me if You Can - they later paid) and he called the lyrics "gobbledegook" in an interview.

The song was pretty much a Chuck Berry remake, but with a bassline added and it being slower. (The bassline makes that song though, honestly much better than the Chuck track).

But yeah, as a whole Lennon´s lyrics from Revolver onwards are trippy. A lot of WTF moments (in a good way).

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Lol  I looked at several lyric sites a while back to see if anyone had a clue. Nope. The only thing I'm sure of is that Lennon stole the first line from Chuck Berry (Catch Me if You Can - they later paid) and he called the lyrics "gobbledegook" in an interview.

that’s first on the list, second would be “kiss from a rose” 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

A few of the comments moved to discussions included spoilers. What would happen to those?

couple of them are hidden and can be restored later but if you see some spoilers in there let me know. the fact that one or two of them are still in the competition might be what anyone who hasn't seen spoilers would think anyway

• Thanks 1

was thinking about who i would think would make the top 8 if i didn’t watch spoilers based on discussion above and i actually think the person i’d be most confident is Cait. two extremely strong performances so far and she bested another strong contestant in the battles. her elimination in the playoffs will be brutal, whether or not alone was a good performance (and this is coming from someone who isn’t a stan).

of the actual top 8, id say it’s easiest to see Holly being there based on what’s been aired. NOIVAS would be my next choice.

- D.Smooth hasn’t shown extraordinary vocal prowess and his blind audition didn’t allow him to soar.

- Holly had two strong performances with great coach feedback. 

- NOIVAS had two strong performances but lost his battles, which automatically knocks him down.

- Grace has had two excellent performances but neither were moments, her blind audition imo because of the song choice, her battle because her partner didn’t fit with the genre of the song choice.

- Sorelle had an arguably messy blind audition, despite one of the strongest showings in the battles.

- Ray improved in the battles, but his blind audition is weak enough that it’s hard to guess he’d do well.

- Ryley lost his battle, and although he was strong, his opponent was clearly vocally more capable in that moment.

- Gina hasn’t shown extraordinary vocal prowess.

if i had to do an ordering of how likely i think they’d be to make the top 8 based of what we’ve seen so far:

1a. Holly

1b. NOIVAS

3. Ryley

4. Sorelle

5. Grace

6. D.Smooth

7. Gina

8. Ray

(obviously this post is not to say any of them don’t deserve their spots, especially since we haven’t seen playoff performances yet, but i think it is interesting to try to get in the mind of the typical viewer who doesn’t have thousands of posts on this website)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

was thinking about who i would think would make the top 8 if i didn’t watch spoilers based on discussion above and i actually think the person i’d be most confident is Cait. two extremely strong performances so far and she bested another strong contestant in the battles. her elimination in the playoffs will be brutal, whether or not alone was a good performance (and this is coming from someone who isn’t a stan).

of the actual top 8, id say it’s easiest to see Holly being there based on what’s been aired. NOIVAS would be my next choice.

- D.Smooth hasn’t shown extraordinary vocal prowess and his blind audition didn’t allow him to soar.

- Holly had two strong performances with great coach feedback. 

- NOIVAS had two strong performances but lost his battles, which automatically knocks him down.

- Grace has had two excellent performances but neither were moments, her blind audition imo because of the song choice, her battle because her partner didn’t fit with the genre of the song choice.

- Sorelle had an arguably messy blind audition, despite one of the strongest showings in the battles.

- Ray improved in the battles, but his blind audition is weak enough that it’s hard to guess he’d do well.

- Ryley lost his battle, and although he was strong, his opponent was clearly vocally more capable in that moment.

- Gina hasn’t shown extraordinary vocal prowess.

if i had to do an ordering of how likely i think they’d be to make the top 8 based of what we’ve seen so far:

1a. Holly

1b. NOIVAS

3. Ryley

4. Sorelle

5. Grace

6. D.Smooth

7. Gina

8. Ray

(obviously this post is not to say any of them don’t deserve their spots, especially since we haven’t seen playoff performances yet, but i think it is interesting to try to get in the mind of the typical viewer who doesn’t have thousands of posts on this website)

Ray would be last for me as well. He definitely improved, but at this point it’s not enough. If I heard that his KO partner was NariYella, I would expect NariYella to win. Then again, there are plenty of contestants in past seasons that I would have never expected to make the semis based solely on their Blind and Battle. Maybe he showed even more growth from his first two performances 

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

Ray would be last for me as well. He definitely improved, but at this point it’s not enough. If I heard that his KO partner was NariYella, I would expect NariYella to win. Then again, there are plenty of contestants in past seasons that I would have never expected to make the semis based solely on their Blind and Battle. Maybe he showed even more growth from his first two performances 

Maybe they are trying to give him very comfortable song choices which turns him into an one-trick pony.

• Like 1

If I were a casual, trying to guess the top 8 right now, I’d probably be wrong on all of them, except for Grace, Holly, and maybe Sorelle and Ryley. I’d be on the fence for those last two. I would have thought Neil and Cait would have great shot at making it. I actually still thought Neil would make it on Team Kelly the day before the playoff taping.  

This is all assuming I didn’t know any KO pairings. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2