The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I can't really say there was anything wrong with the performance. Excellent control and a unique spin on the song. But I didn't love it. Not sure why either. Don't know if it's her tone or the vocal choices she made, but I'm gonna have to relisten a few times.

I'm sure it'll grow on you!

I loved it more and more as I rewatched

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

I'm sure it'll grow on you!

I loved it more and more as I rewatched

Yeah we'll see.

I am a bit bummed to hear no AA powerhouses made it top 8 (was tryna avoid spoilers)  but maybe if there's any season for me to enjoy the country singers more than the powerhouses, it's this one, cause that's been the case so far.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Oh please don’t remind me of that lady she could’ve easily been above Jershika if she didn’t pick that damn song in the KOs

Yeah a baffling song choice. She was among my top 5 in each round until the KO's. Love her tone.

5 minutes ago, jayshon said:

I actually prefer Brittany’s style of singing than Jershika 👀🫣

fair! Jershika was good but during the lives, most nights, she missed some of her notes 👀 

i do think that Brittany would have a harder time going farther because her vocal texture might make her a little more divisive?

Ok I relistened multiple times and it grew on me. I love how delicate sounding the performance was, even when she was belting some really high notes and her tone is just bright enough that it's not too sharp.

Not to mention she captured the spirit of the song despite singing it in a completely different style, and she's pretty distinguishable from other powerhouses where unlike others, she seems to have a naturally delicate voice. Her voice seems like a great fit for pop ballads.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Ok I relistened multiple times and it grew on me. I love how delicate sounding the performance was, even when she was belting some really high notes and her tone is just bright enough that it's not too sharp.

Not to mention she captured the spirit of the song despite singing it in a completely different style, and she's pretty distinguishable from other powerhouses where unlike others, she seems to have a naturally delicate voice. Her voice seems like a great fit for pop ballads.

Yay! That's what I thought as well!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I preferred Cait´s blind to D. Smooth´s by a long shot, but I suggest not getting ahead of ourselves before having seen the PO performances. Things could change, you know.

We don’t know what D Smooth’s battle will be like either. 

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

We don’t know what D Smooth’s battle will be like either. 

Yeah, that as well.

With Cait being leaked, we have officially seen all of Team Kelly´s PO team. And out of the 5, D. Smooth had my least favorite BA. But who knows, there´s potential for improvement with better song choices, and I think the two performances he has left are much better suited for him than his blind song.

1 hour ago, KingKongWoo said:

This is probably a hot take here, but in terms of Harry Styles covers I think I prefer Laura's audition to Cait's. They were both fantastic though!

In Laura’s, the execution was off imo and I didn’t really enjoy her vibrato. It was a cool version though, I can see preferring her arrangement.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, that as well.

With Cait being leaked, we have officially seen all of Team Kelly´s PO team. And out of the 5, D. Smooth had my least favorite BA. But who knows, there´s potential for improvement with better song choices, and I think the two performances he has left are much better suited for him than his blind song.

For me, Cait was the best but Neil and Holly were close behind. I liked D. Smooth more than ALI though, I guess because I liked listening to his voice in that performance better. His song choice was pretty basic though, so I think I would like him more on a different song

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

Rewatched Cait’s audition with fresh ears because it was like 1am where I’m from when she first leaked. She’s probably in my Top 3 auditions this season now, the first minute or so was just so stunning. Honestly, I feel like the performance lost some of its beauty when she started going for the big notes, but I know they’re necessary so. Great job, Cait!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Bffr ain’t no way he sang LOcAtIon better than she sang Alone 

That´s the thing though. 

Alone is HARD and something I wouldn´t personally give Cait if we´re talking a powerhouse singer. I think Gladys Knight or Labelle would fit her pop/soul lane better. Heart is rock. 

Location is right up D. Smooth´s wheelhouse. It doesn´t requiere much range, it´s mostly based on tone and runs. I can´t imagine him not eating that song for breakfast. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1