The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Brb gonna look through the unconfirmed names because I still haven’t found anyone to root for. Doing that brought me Samuel Harness a couple seasons back, so.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

They have vastly different voices but his overall vibe does remind me of Sid. Maybe that’s why I can’t picture him as a frontrunner for the trophy.

The first time I heard Neil, I immediately thought of Sid finally being avenged for his unjust elimination. I see what you mean by him not fitting the mold of typical male front-runners, but being a 4 chair turners Block in the first taping is encouraging. His winner potential is overblown, as typical of IDF's Blakephobia, but he has as much chance as any at this point. I personally think he, Caitlyn and NOIVAS are this season's ringers.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Is Emily Rhyne an auditioner?

She is followed by Ryley Tate Wilson on IG and he only follows 77 people. She’s from OK and has played at Ole Red. She also posted a photo with Peedy Chavis and Carson Peters.

We did stumble on her name but we have not found strong evidence of her being in LA yet. If you or anyone else happen to find some evidence, please DM @Someone648or post your findings here. Same goes for any suspicious names anyone finds.

38 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

so unless were missing  more which is possible… caitlyn and NariYella appear to be our female AA Powerhouses 

NariYella in her cover of leave the door open didn't really strike me as a powerhouse vocalist? obviously that could just be a style choice based on the song -- any recommendations for songs where she shows more of that power lol? 

honestly, i'm VERY hyped to hear one night only again, so hoping i will enjoy the cover lol

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

NariYella in her cover of leave the door open didn't really strike me as a powerhouse vocalist? obviously that could just be a style choice based on the song -- any recommendations for songs where she shows more of that power lol? 

honestly, i'm VERY hyped to hear one night only again, so hoping i will enjoy the cover lol

i don’t think she’s a powerhouse but she’s a really good RnB vocalist

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo_na3hKXE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ63AZXrYSO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah i love her but she doesnt really give me powerhouse vibes, but then again she's singing One Night Only sooooo

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Wouldn´t surprise me if NariYella ends up doing a slowed down, more R&B version of One Night Only, since it fits her style more. That may lead to disappointment in IDF , but I´d be down.

yeah I think she’ll do more of a slowed down R&B version with some power than a full on powerhouse/soulful version (if that makes sense).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

i don’t think she’s a powerhouse but she’s a really good RnB vocalist

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRo_na3hKXE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ63AZXrYSO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

ooh ok listening to the second one -- i can see why people might think of her as a powerhouse (though i also get the feeling that some people just call every black r&b/soul singer a powerhouse... anyway). i think it's pretty reasonable to call her a powerhouse -- her style definitely features power prominently in some of her covers (a feature that some other r&b singers like Zach Day, Libianca, Dana Harper). She also has these insanely high notes (idk the right terms but like super high head voice / whistle notes) which we haven't seen powerhouses typically do on the show.

Overall, I'd call her a powerhouse, but I can see why some people would shy away from the term. I guess it depends what she wants to show on the show.

4 minutes ago, erik g said:

Yeah i love her but she doesnt really give me powerhouse vibes, but then again she's singing One Night Only sooooo

whoops i've changed sides now 😭 but i do see where you're coming from -- she doesn't strike me immediately as a powerhouse in the way that dana did based on the first clip i heard of her singing proud mary i think? 

but YEAH ONE NIGHT ONLY ?!?!? i'm actually gonna be rly sad if she doesn't Kyla Jade it..... but i guess it's a gift that the song's getting covered at all so i'll try to be grateful 🙄 /lighthearted

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Wouldn´t surprise me if NariYella ends up doing a slowed down, more R&B version of One Night Only, since it fits her style more. That may lead to disappointment in IDF , but I´d be down.

honestly, contrary to my dramatics above, i would be curious to hear this (though, yes, i may end up being a little disappointed). i'll try to curb my expectations a little for now...

Just now, QueenCami said:

ooh ok listening to the second one -- i can see why people might think of her as a powerhouse (though i also get the feeling that some people just call every black r&b/soul singer a powerhouse... anyway). i think it's pretty reasonable to call her a powerhouse -- her style definitely features power prominently in some of her covers (a feature that some other r&b singers like Zach Day, Libianca, Dana Harper). She also has these insanely high notes (idk the right terms but like super high head voice / whistle notes) which we haven't seen powerhouses typically do on the show.

Overall, I'd call her a powerhouse, but I can see why some people would shy away from the term. I guess it depends what she wants to show on the show.

whoops i've changed sides now 😭 but i do see where you're coming from -- she doesn't strike me immediately as a powerhouse in the way that dana did based on the first clip i heard of her singing proud mary i think? 

but YEAH ONE NIGHT ONLY ?!?!? i'm actually gonna be rly sad if she doesn't Kyla Jade it..... but i guess it's a gift that the song's getting covered at all so i'll try to be grateful 🙄 /lighthearted

honestly, contrary to my dramatics above, i would be curious to hear this (though, yes, i may end up being a little disappointed). i'll try to curb my expectations a little for now...

btw NariYella if you're reading this (not to be presumptuous but i think it's a fair assumption that at least some of the contestants are reading this LOL) ----- i'm not a hater lmao !!! you're rly good, i'm just conditioned to think of one night only as a super belt-y, powerhouse type song b/c of Kyla Jade's rendition, and since Kyla is also one of my all-time favorite contestants, i was hoping to hear something like that. but ur still an icon whether or not your cover goes that way ! plus u got a 4 chair turn unless Mr. Someone648 is lying to us so my opinion literally doesn't matter 🤪

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

She also has these insanely high notes (idk the right terms but like super high head voice / whistle notes) which we haven't seen powerhouses typically do on the show.

Yeah most powerhouses don’t use their head voice a ton. But I prefer really high head voice notes to really high belts.

33 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

We did stumble on her name but we have not found strong evidence of her being in LA yet. If you or anyone else happen to find some evidence, please DM @Someone648or post your findings here. Same goes for any suspicious names anyone finds.

What about Devon Gabriella?

To me NariYella strikes me as an R&B artist that can go powerful or show power but isn’t a full on powerhouse like Kyla or Kimberly, regardless of what genre she is or what type of singer she wants to be, she is amazing and has a beautiful voice and she got a 4 chair turn for a reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

To me NariYella strikes me as an R&B artist that can go powerful or show power but isn’t a full on powerhouse like Kyla or Kimberly, regardless of what genre she is or what type of singer she wants to be, she is amazing and has a beautiful voice and she got a 4 chair turn for a reason.

so like shadale ?

10 minutes ago, thevoicespoilers said:

so like shadale ?

I wouldn’t say exactly like Shadale but thinking about it maybe to an extent like Shadale in the sense that she has more than one thing to capitalize on like tone and head voice rather than just powerful belts high notes if that makes sense.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

A more funky cover of that song. I like it. I´m used to hear it in an ethereal manner.

It's really good! Dude got some stank.

His original material with The Mighty Pines is right up my alley too.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, rp3598 said:

1. I didn’t realize Jej would be allowed to audition again?

2. Is it confirmed that it’s only 10 per team? If so that means 3WKO, and T17-T9-T5 lives. 😰

Not necessarily though, they could do the 5 weeks of lives like we got this year. Plus that format basically requires coach quotas, which I'm doubtful of. Unless they somehow did a top 9 semifinals without coach quotas but that would be messy...