American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

So it's about being a good looking white guy with a good back story. That isn't any better really.

Just Sam exists. Relatable and back story doesn't have to mean "good looking white guy."

23 minutes ago, RTV said:

Just Sam exists. Relatable and back story doesn't have to mean "good looking white guy."

Cool you found a fluke season because of covid. But props to anyone who is able to overcome the massive disadvantage they have.

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Cool you found a fluke season because of covid. But props to anyone who is able to overcome the massive disadvantage they have.

Just Sam beat four guys (Arthur Gunn, Dillon James, Francisco Martin, and Jonny West). Samantha might have won even without the pandemic adjustments, because her story tugged at heartstrings. Girl Named Tom—a young sibling trio whose father had terminal cancer—had a story that helped them win The Voice last season. So a contestant's bio and personality can make a difference.

Edited by RTV

18 minutes ago, RTV said:

Just Sam beat four guys (Arthur Gunn, Dillon James, Francisco Martin, and Jonny West). Samantha might have won even without the pandemic adjustments, because her story tugged at heartstrings. Girl Named Tom—a young sibling trio whose father had terminal cancer—had a story that helped them win The Voice last season. So a contestant's bio and personality can make a difference.

Thanks for comparing the Voice recent winners with Idol's recent winner. The massive talent difference between the winners is off the charts.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Thanks for comparing the Voice recent winners with Idol's recent winner. The massive talent difference between the winners is off the charts.

To be fair, The Voice has Jake Hoot as one of the winners :wacko:

34 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I mentioned Just Sam and GNT as examples of reality singing show contestants who had poignant stories that helped them win their seasons. I didn't compare anyone's talent. I agree GNT is very good. Caleb, Joshua, and Bekah benefited from music training and experience over the years. Noah, on the other hand, had no training and limited performance experience before he auditioned. But he does have raw talent and potential. His vocals will likely improve as he gains confidence and more experience. My point was that relatable contestants who aren't WGWG have won these shows in the past and that a touching story can help them do that.

7 minutes ago, RTV said:

I mentioned Just Sam and GNT as examples of reality singing show contestants who had poignant stories that helped them win their seasons. I didn't compare anyone's talent. I agree GNT is very good. Caleb, Joshua, and Bekah benefited from music training and experience over the years. Noah, on the other hand, had no training and limited performance experience before he auditioned. But he does have raw talent and potential. His vocals will likely improve as he gains confidence and more experience. My point was that relatable contestants who aren't WGWG have won these shows in the past and that a touching story can help them do that.

We were also just talking about Idol. Last time I checked GNT has never been on American Idol. 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:20 PM, RTV said:

Thanks for reminding me about Just Sam.  I think that she might well have won even without what happened to her during the pandemic because her story touched heartstrings in a way that Dillon's failed to, because she was a better performer than Francisco or Jonny and because her tone wasn't as grating as that of Arthur, but the pandemic certainly helped her out even if it was unintentional.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 9:38 PM, katybay said:

I want Morgan Gruber to come back girl can sanggg. 

also Liv Grace Blue loved her bluesy style. 

I would love to Dakota come back, he was in the sing off with Dan

3 hours ago, Walker359718 said:

Just like last year, any contestants besides the winners can come back and try again.

I think it's time that the age limit gets removed.

I'm hoping for Cadence, Emyrson, and Allegra to come back.

Allegra just signed a record contract she ain't coming back.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I just got the info from MJ they could be wrong idk but that's where I got it from. 

There was a 19 event a few weeks ago in Nashville. It was a concert with 19 alums. Francisco Martin, Casey Bishop, Grace Leer, Laci Kaye Booth, Noah Thompson, HunterGirl, Allegra Miles, & Fritz were all there. The majority of the names are already with 19 or not official yet, but rumored so it would be odd if Allegra was the only alum there not with 19. The following link is Francisco's IG about the event. Chayce Beckham did make a special appearance. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgVD2ikvbif/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Edited by ptebwwong

Just now, ptebwwong said:

There was a 19 event a few weeks ago in Nashville. It was a concert with 19 alums. Francisco Martin, Casey Bishop, Grace Leer, Laci Kaye Booth, Noah Thompson, HunterGirl, Allegra Miles, & Fritz were all there. The majority of the names are already with 19 or not official yet, but rumored so it would be odd if Allegra was the only alum there not with 19. The following link is the Francisco's IG about the event. Chayce Beckham did make a special appearance. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgVD2ikvbif/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Yeah I saw Allegra there so yeah it just made sense.