Is Dan that bad?

MargoK

I thought Dan's last few performances were actually quite good.  No, not the best I have ever heard, but I don't know why people keep saying he is a horrible singer.  I actually think HunterGirl will probably win anyway.

5 minutes ago, MargoK said:

I thought Dan's last few performances were actually quite good.  No, not the best I have ever heard, but I don't know why people keep saying he is a horrible singer.  I actually think HunterGirl will probably win anyway.

He's pretty bad. His last performance or 2 is better than his other performances which were a trainwreck but he's still not good.

• Like 4

No, he isn’t bad but very unremarkable. You could hear someone like him in any bar in America. I could understand why he made the Top 10 if there were no other country guys this season, but you’ve got Noah right there lol. 

He's not terrible, but I don't think he deserved to make it through compared to so many people who have been eliminated instead. I don't think he should have been in the Top 24, much less the Top 14 (and MUCH, MUCH less actually voted into the Top 10 without singing for his life).

I don't think he's terrible either, just very, very boring and the clear weak link among the contestants voted into the Top 10. I just feel like he has a very low bar that he needs to clear to get voted through, and his performances are just slightly above that bar.

• Like 2

he's got a good voice, but one of the keys to thriving on these shows is being comfortable on stage. poor guy was shaking like a leaf on at least one of his last few performances–nerves just keep getting to him. dude's just not ready.

He isn't necessarily BAD, just not very good when stacked up against the other singers this season or in the real world. There's nothing unique about him. While in country music it's better to blend in, his vocal ability just isn't a match for the competition.