Drag Race Rankdown 4.0

*Chris

Jaymes Mansfield

GIF by Stan.

Jaymes was the first queen out in Season 9. The Gaga pageant was meh and the cheerleading challenge was meh and that wasn't enough to stand out on a stacked season. Jaymes is a wig artist and has a YouTube page for wigs. I've heard good things about it and watched a couple videos but Jaymes still doesn't do anything for me. Any time a queen says "I like puppets!" for their introduction, they go home immediately. Oops, spoiler for S14. There were some fun memes about Jaymes somersaulting during the cheerleader challenge. But she always seemed timid and nervous and that was it.

Save Kandy

Kenya Michaels

logo tv kenya michaels GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Where to start? I didn’t care for Kenya on the show and I think it’s solely because of the Snatch Game. I’m sure otherwise she’s a sweetheart. All Beyoncé Snatch Games have been awful and I guess maybe I should hate Asia’s Supernanny-inspired one more but every time I even think about Kenya fainting out of her chair and panting “I’m a survivor!” to the reaction of literally nobody I feel physically embarrassed for her. Kenya was also brought back randomly near the end of the season and then immediately sent home after unleashing her inner pregnant Maddie Ziegler for one of the most unintentionally hilarious lip-syncs against Latrice. 

I’m sure Kenya is lovely but you know who else is? Reigning Miss Congeniality LaLa Ri. This was an easy decision.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

This is Miss You Much erasure

(We forget that Boom Clap happened but that’s not Ra’Jah’s fault)

its good, but there are iconic performances with Phone, Barbie Girl, Physical and Dirrty.  This just doesn't compare.  Sorry Brooke bb

Miss You Much >>> Dirrty for me. But it probably doesn’t help that Dirrty had Manila just kinda walking around and pointing for a minute and a half next to Kylie. Ra’jah/Brooke both killed it, editing was a little choppy but one of my top lip-syncs of the season and probably didn’t help that it immediately got overshadowed by Physical.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Mark my words : Jaymes will be on an eventual all-stars. She was hilarious in B!tch who stole Christmas ! 

Yep. Jaymes stood out more to me in her two episodes than Kandy did for half of S7 (sorry Derek again lol)

49 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Miss You Much >>> Dirrty for me. But it probably doesn’t help that Dirrty had Manila just kinda walking around and pointing for a minute and a half next to Kylie. Ra’jah/Brooke both killed it, editing was a little choppy but one of my top lip-syncs of the season and probably didn’t help that it immediately got overshadowed by Physical.

I love Brooke and Ra'jah but I was low-key mad that they wasted CoCo on Uptown Funk when the Janet song was right around the corner. :/ Make the LSAs an actual challenge to beat!

• Like 1