Drag Race Rankdown 4.0

*Chris

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 - Next to nominate : Akshar)
Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Maxi with the microphone is one of the greatest lip sync gags ever, and i can’t believe it took that long for someone to try it 

maxi-shield-sing.gif

And @JC - here's an image to add to the write-up 😘 

loni-love-ru-pauls-drag-race.gif

Loni Love's nominations

Honey Mahogany vs. Honey Davenport (wanted to do Vivienne Pinay but the Battle of the Honey's is more fun)

Dax EclamationPoint vs. Laila McQueen

Aiden Zhane vs. Brita

A'Keria C. Davenport vs. Widow Von'Du

Eve 6000 vs. Derrick Barry

Elliott with 2 Ts vs. Aja

LaShauwn Beyond vs. Stacy Layne Matthews

Charlie Hides vs. Elektra Fence

Widow Von'Du

8 The Widow Von Du ideas | rupaul, rupauls drag race, drag race

Once again this was primarily a case where while I wasn't sure I wanted to yet again have to do the problematic cut, I just wanted to save A'Keria first since she's already been near-cut once. I don't quite know everything that happened with Widow so I'll get this out the way first, domestic violence allegations shouldn't be taken lightly and it was really disappointing to hear the stories surrounding this and Widow at the time. I haven't read a lot about the case since the story broke so can't talk too much about where everything stands now, but yeah, very disappointing to see.

Going onto her time on the show, I really rooted for Widow, I think a lot of people underestimated her and she gave us an amazing premiere episode - loved the looks, the rap and the lip-sync. She seemed to get stuck in her head as the season went on and was defeated by the end of her run, which was a shame as I think she should have lasted longer then she did. Widow's clearly a very talented queen and was definitely on my All-Stars wishlist at one point, but overall have to make a judgement call and that would be to save A'Keria.

Shantay you stay... A'Keria C. Davenport

Eve 6000

eve doll | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

This Rugirl was part of the maincast of Canada's Drag Race Season 2.  Eve was known for her mellow dramatics.  In the first week, she was low for the design challenge but was ultimately safe.  This lead to an uncomfortable weeping session on the sidelines when she walked over to the other girls.  I understand emotion but that was a lot.  Eve thought she was going to win the next couple weeks, and I think she placed high in the acting challenge, but was pretty awful on the rusical.  In week 4 she landed in the bottom against Suki after a terrible snatch game.  We all know we wanted Suki to stay.  Eve came back for a fifth episode to be insufferable with a terrible verse to good-bye flop.  Thankfully Synthia sent her home and Eve was never to be heard from again.  Until the reunion.... and finale when we reluctantly had to have her back on the screen.

Save: Derrick Berry

• Like 1

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 - Akshar's nomination posted)

LASHAUWN BEYOND (Season 4)

lashauwn beyond | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Stacy Layne Matthews being nominated already? The level of disrespect! I think LaShauwn was a fun side character in season 4 who is by FAR most known for the above comment that I supplied in the gif, "This is not RuPaul's Best Friend Race." This comment is used on average about 34934858 times in each subsequent season of the show. LaShauwn said this to Jiggly during week one in UnTucked when Jiggly was complaining that she wasn't told by fellow queens that her outfit sucked. At least this is to my memory, if I'm wrong then oh well I'm almost at 100 words so I'm not going to double check. Unfortunately LaShauwn left the next week and is an early out from a season that is not one of my top favorites (though the drama in S4 is delicious). Out she goes from the rankdown!

Saving the OG Henny

Laila McQueen

season 8 laila mcqueen GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S8

Laila was on Season 8. She was in the bottom 2 for some reason in episode 1... if Robbie didn't do so well in the mini-challenge, Robbie would have been in the bottom. It was an odd week where the mini-challenge was magically used for judging, even though that rarely ever happens. But she delivered in the lip sync and sent home Miss Continental 2013. The next week there was really no huge reason for anyone to be in the bottom from the challenge, but the Laila's runway was meh so she had to lip sync again. Both queens were sent home because they failed at one of the most iconic anthems of all time. Waiting for this show to do this song again, rather than random other songs that were fine the first time like Britney Spears. Then Ru called up Miss Continental 2013 again even though she was also bad and would not last very long.

Save Dax

ELLIOTT WITH TWO TS

ElliottFascinatorLook.jpg

First of all, I wanna say Elliott With Two Ts has the best drag queen name and some of his merch was the first time I felt genuinely seen by a drag queen. Unfortunately, that's about where it ends since subsequent events dubbed him the name 'Elliott With Three Ks' by the fan base, and it turned out that he was really good friends with Alexis Mateo in real life.

Elliott got off to a rocky start on season thirteen, being a part of the last lip sync in the "These Queens are in a pandemic but let's make them think they just spent thousands of doll-hairs for no reason" Porkchop Premiere and ultimately losing to Tina Burner (???). Elliott and Kahmora were the last two to meet the rest of some of the queens, and since Kahmora had a pre-existing relationship with several of them, she ultimately ended up being on the wrong side of a tie vote. Elliott, the tribe queens have spoken.

Elliott ended up joining the 'winners' premiere as the odd one out, and they spent too much airtime on that whole thing. He ultimately had a strong showing in the challenge; I probably would've given him a Top 2 placement with Simone, and I'm a bit surprised that RuPaul - with his penchant for over-produced madness and all - didn't see that storyline. Elliott had another show showing in one of the challenges alongside TAMISHA IMAN IS COMING FOR YOU, but that was about it for the highlights.

He ended up showing his strong lip sync skills twice, once when he sent home LaLaRi to a Kelly Clarkson song (proving BTDQ's statement that Kelly Clarkson gives white drag queens powers) and once more to the lip sync he lost against Utica Queen.

Outside of the show, Elliott had a few controversies related to comments that were interpreted as racist and/or transphobic. I believe it started with the comments that people found on his social media. While it's not my place to say if those were offensive, they were made close to a decade ago and just seemed like the type of "edgy" humour that was prevalent back then. Perhaps the bigger controverwere their comments about Symone's run in the press, or subsequently when they did a show and got Shea Coulée's drag family mixed up.

At any rate, Elliott With Two Ts didn't seem to be well-liked by his fellow queens during or after the show, but at least he hasn't blocked any of them like a certain other S13 queen has.

SAVE: Aja

Charlie hides

Charlie-Hides-April-2016-copy-696x464.jp

Honestly do not care about any of these matches or match ups or whatever, Charlie is just getting the boot because he was paired against a hot guy out of drag that I do not even know lol. I think there were a couple things that I remember about Charlie Hides. One, he was an older queen, possibly one of the oldest. I remember him pointing out that fact and making it awkward. Also, I remember him not doing anything during his lip sync and deserving to gtfo, so honestly this is warranted even if he was not against a cute boy. He did not even try so no one should try to save him. Bye betch! I do not even remember which season you were on. Are you English? British? American? Irish? Dutch? Canadian? Australian? I have no clue but bye!

Save hot boy Elektra Fence

elektra-fence.jpg?auto=format&fit=fill&q