Drag Race Rankdown 4.0

*Chris

Penny Tration

image.jpeg.33d3e00cfe169c19b83230760213d1b4.jpeg

Penny Tration was a contestant on RuPauls Drag Race Season 5.  She was voted in by the fans in an online campaign for choosing a contestant.  I didn't realize this was a thing, must not have happened too often.  Penny Tration is a play on words for penetration.  She didn't do very well on the show, as she was eliminated first.  During the first weeks challenge was placed in the bottom 2.  I believe it was the design challenge because I remember Serena's heinous outfit.  Don't remember Penny's so it was obviously slightly better.  Anyway she lip synced again Serena Chacha who did a split.  Penny went home first.  I would have kept her over Serena though.

Save: Porkchop

Edited by Solaris

DERRICK BARRY (Season 8, All-Stars 5)

Clubs That Suck -> SigTig Ranks 100 RPDR Queens

Derrick Barry is a very divisive queen, for whatever reason. No I get why lol....she is very opinionated and also more than a little delusional. For me, however, this means I really like her overall as she makes for great TV and brought a lot of fun drama to Season 8 (and even to her one episode arc in AS5). Derrick is most known for being a Britney Spears impersonator and for struggling much of season 8 to leave her Britney Box. Derrick is one of those immensely talented queens whose skills don't really translate very well to the Drag Race world. She's not particularly funny (though I think she's unintentionally hilarious), she's not a very versatile actor, she can't really design a garment all that well...this translated to her coasting her way to the top 5 and outlasting arguably more deserving queens (Betty, Thorgy, etc). I loved her drama with Bob, though, their back and forth that one episode in the werk room was so much fun to watch. Bob is the queen of wit so for Derrick to actually hold her own in that shade throwing fest was very impressive.

In All-Stars 5, it seemed like Derrick and India were really only cast to create drama between the two of them, but what delicious drama it was. Then Derrick completely failed in the talent show. She became another statistic in the list of "don't do comedy" queens that bombed the talent show. Tbh I laughed at her routine, it was mildly funny but also just more so uncomfortable. It reminded me of Jasmine Masters' epic fail of a routine just one season prior. Anyways, I do really like Derrick actually. I was sad that we only got one full episode of her in AS5 and she brought a lot of fun moments to her original season. Is she the most talented queen ever? That's a big no, but I still enjoy her!

Saving:

Pin on RuPaulgasm!

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown 4.0 (Cycle 2 - JC's nomination posted)

TYRA SANCHEZ

F*cking hell, finally. I've made no secret over the years that Tyra Sanchez is easily one of my least favourite queens to come from the show, and someone whose win I didn't find enjoyable to watch at all. At least the other winners I wasn't a fan of, it's solely for not caring for them on the show. In this instance, it's just everything.

While it may have been because I watched S2 later on in the shows run and had already had some questionable stuff about her, I couldn't stand her in season two. I never understood why she was seen as a front runner when she bombed (pun not intended) in several challenges. Her Beyoncé was terrible. Her rocker chicks performance was terrible. Her personality was vile. People say she wiped the floor with everyone else that season and I don't get it. Her track record only looks like it does because she had immunity on her bad weeks, and Ru liked her for whatever reason to save her on the weeks she didn't. Friendly reminder that Tatianna was correct. 😘 Raven easily deserved the win over her, imo, and I think her being in the winners circle is a sad reflection on the show.

Outside of the show, Tyra has just been the worst. I will start off by saying that the fanbase was cruel to her and I think the show itself should've done a better job at providing her with the right tools for success. The show also traditionally does not edit their black queens well, as we all know, but it's not my place to discuss the nuances of that edit, nor am I comfortable doing so.  But there's only so much you can do and excuse from a single person before you lose all sympathy for them. First there was telling people to kill themselves, calling them cowards if they do so, and harassing fellow alumni in Twitter. Then you factor in the Kickstarter campaign for the Tyra Sanchez documentary that more than met its goal and never happened... threatening to blow up Drag Con on numerous occasions... reportedly damaging the property she lived in and refusing to leave, and much more according to their Wikia page.

Tyra Sanchez has since quit drag and retired the Tyra Sanchez persona. They've asked for their remaining fans to no longer acknowledge Tyra, and goes by their real name. And yet, they continue to post under the Tyra Sanchez moniker. (And while it obviously is the least problematic of what she's done, the whole leaking Shea Coulée's win and subsequent doubling down on it was nagl considering Shea was one of the few queens who still interacted and worked with Tyra.)

For whatever reason, Tyra Sanchez still has fans. Hell, she still has very vocal supporters at the Drag Race reddit which I am baffled by. I am neither of those things, nor have I ever been. Ultimately, if there's any good to come from Tyra winning, it's that it allowed the rest of her cast to shine on All Stars. The show seems to have rightfully parted ways with her after putting up with her sh*t for far too long.

PS: I'm now going to just respect our AS6 champion as our S2 representative in the winners circle:

6c8a2d54b3ba20bb43704250d61cf8da7c45bbc5.gifv

PPS: Morgan McMichaels will always remain iconique for this ordeal:

morgan-mcmichaels-raven-tyra-sanchez-veloria-draglicious.jpg

morgan-mcmichaels-drag-queen.gif

PPPS: Stan Tatianna

iqorgkpa73qz.jpg?auto=webp&s=ce3653c0052

SAVE: The legendary Chi Chi DeVayne :broken:

Edited by Elliott

Mystique

season 2 2x1 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Mystique doing the split on the runway for the country challenge changed the course of human history. If Mystique didn't do the split, she would likely have been in the bottom and would have probably gone home. Instead, she showed a level of C. U. N. and T. on the runway that made RuPaul decide to spare her from the lip sync, sending Shangela home. If Shangela didn't go home in the first episode... just imagine. Shangela a regular early boot of S2 instead of the returning icon in a box. Shangela is possibly the #1 pioneer of this show nowadays. We thank Mystique for having the NERVE and keeping us on track for the best timeline. 

Save Nicole Paige Brooks From Atlanta Georgia

Tyra is my Azealia Banks of Drag Race where no matter how the list of sh**ty things they’ve done I still have moments where I’m like… “ok but she kinda snapped here”. I’m not proud of it! Easy cut against Chi Chi for sure.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Tyra is my Azealia Banks of Drag Race where no matter how the list of sh**ty things they’ve done I still have moments where I’m like… “ok but she kinda snapped here”. I’m not proud of it! Easy cut against Chi Chi for sure.

but after the events of 2020 (or 2021, I honestly can't remember my years anymore), wouldn't that be Shangela now

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

She was voted in by the fans in an online campaign for choosing a contestant.  I didn't realize this was a thing, must not have happened too often. 

It happened from Season 1 to Season 6. 

The winners of the public vote were Nina Flowers, Jessica Wild, Pandora for All Stars, Penny for S5 (although Adore Delano won that vote but was unable to compete for some reason), and Darienne Lake. 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Pandora for All Stars

Wasn't it technically Sharon (since the vote happened prior to her win airing), but she was ineligible as a result and it moved down the list?

And Penny was first in the S5 vote regardless from what I remember. She was all over the news stations in Cincinnati because of it.

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

but after the events of 2020 (or 2021, I honestly can't remember my years anymore), wouldn't that be Shangela now

Dang I almost forgot about all that. :dead: Compared to Tyra that's just the one moment I've soured on her... that being said it was definitely disappointing :/ 

Stacy Layne Matthews (US3, 8th)

Happy Season 3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I think we all know Stacy is from Season 3 of the American show. She was well know for being the first Native American queen on the show and for being from a place called Backswamp, NC. She placed 8th that season and also holds the record for lowest placement by a Snatch Game winner after she won the week prior to being eliminated for her portrayal of Mo’Nique. 

Stacy had a lot of potential, so she is someone I’d always hoped to see on an all stars season but I know she has a lot going on in her personal life that makes it hard for her. However, we did get to see her during All Stars 4 which was a pleasant surprise. 

Save: Vanjie

Edited by sublymonal

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Dang I almost forgot about all that. :dead: Compared to Tyra that's just the one moment I've soured on her... that being said it was definitely disappointing :/ 

At least she apologized for it unlike the other two. /low standards 

11 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Wasn't it technically Sharon (since the vote happened prior to her win airing), but she was ineligible as a result and it moved down the list?

And Penny was first in the S5 vote regardless from what I remember. She was all over the news stations in Cincinnati because of it.

Yes, Sharon was first  but as the winner, apparently declined or was ineligible so pandora was second highest.

For season 5, Adore actually won the most votes but producers didn’t think she was ready at the time so they went with penny who was the second highest - it was revealed a few years ago on a podcast or something. 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

For season 5, Adore actually won the most votes but producers didn’t think she was ready at the time so they went with penny who was the second highest - it was revealed a few years ago on a podcast or something. 

Was it revealed by Willam because - as much as I love him - we know he isn’t credible sometimes. :rofl:

Just now, Elliott said:

Was it revealed by Willam because - as much as I love him - we know he isn’t credible sometimes. :rofl:

I don’t know what to believe now - saw it in Fandom first and now on Reddit :

9 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Yes, Sharon was first  but as the winner, apparently declined or was ineligible so pandora was second highest.

who all was eligible for the All-Star vote?