Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

death-at-a-funeral-53f23fb122254.png

CA6W.gif

While I've heard of this comedy film, I have yet to ever see it so it makes it easy to cut. Apparently, it was released in 2010 - oops, apparently I was looking at the wrong one and I've heard of the wrong one.  It seems that the 2010 movie was a remake of the 2007 movie from the same name, except the one in the rankdown is a British film.  Looking at the cast, I am not too familiar with the cast beside Peter Dinklage who plays a character that shares the same name as him - fun fact : Peter has appeared in both 2007 and 2010 film.  The premise of the movie is that a family trying to resolve all of its problems while at the funeral of they key figure of their family.  What I got from doing this write-up is that you should watch the original movie over the remake, which the critics agrees with that statement. 

SAVING: A MIGHTY HEART

Margot at the Wedding

site_28_rand_1619289275_margot_627.gif?itok=FlGNaIap

I've never seen or heard of Margot at the Wedding before and while the same can be said for Music; Music just sounds like a better movie title, but the movie could be trash for all I know and Margot at the Wedding could be great. I'll never know. :haha: Margot at the Wedding is a 2007 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Noah Baumbach.  It stars Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Jack Black, John Turturro, Ciarán Hinds and Halley Feiffer. The film is about the family storm that arises when Margot comes to visit her sister Pauline on the eve of her wedding. Riveting. The movie has a score of 52% on RT so I'm guessing no one is crying about this cut. :dead:

Save: Music

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana & Victoria's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana & Victoria's Noms Posted)

Unfaithful (2002)

Unfaithful (2002 film).jpg

"Erotic thriller" is not a genre that you typically see listed for a film. Richard Gere and Diane Lane are the leads, and also here is the little brother from Malcolm in the Middle, Erik Per Sullivan. Here, Diane Lane stars as a wife who meets a random dude by accident and then proceeds with an extra-marital affair with said gentleman. The husband, Gere, gets suspicious and tries to find out more. Will he find out? What will he do if he happens to encounter this strange man who is sleeping with his wife??? Will that interaction become violent or otherwise precarious???? What will the fallout be within the married relationship?????? If you're interested to find out, go ahead and give this movie a watch. Diane got high praise for her performance, but otherwise the reception of the film was a bit lukewarm.

Save Werckmeister Harmonies

TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE (2004)

MV5BMTM2Nzc4NjYxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTM1MTcyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

Team America: World Police is a movie using puppets and special effects to create an action comedy film. Created by the people behind South Park, this film is about a team of heroes on a mission to take down a terrorist plot. North Korea is the enemy in this film, but the team is also at odds with Hollywood. A group called F.A.G., the Film Actors Guild, doesn't like how Team America acts like the world's police. Anyway, I was very young when the film came out, but I thought it seemed dumb based on the trailer. I watched the trailer again now, and it's still a film that doesn't interest me. This just doesn't seem like my kind of humor. As for what the critics thought, it has a 77% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The consensus reads: "Team America will either offend you or leave you in stitches. It'll probably do both." 

Saving The Transporter.

tumblr_p365buSLyL1wstc5to1_400.gifv

• Sad 1

O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?

Released in the year 2000, O Brother, Where Are Thou? is a comedy-drama (a dramady, if you will) written and directed by Joel & Ethan Coen, who are also known as the Coen brothers. The film stars George Clooney, John Turturro, Tim Blake Nelon, Chris Thomas King, John Goodman and Holly Hunter. The film is a period piece that takes place in the year 1937, and was one of the first to use digital colour correction for its entire length, which is something that's so common nowadays that I didn't even realize there was a time it wasn't. Additionally, the film's soundtrack won Album of the Year at the Grammys, making it the first (and only) soundtrack to win that honour.  The film received praise from critics and did well at the box office, but I don't think I've seen it in a good 20 years so this is the cut I've chosen to make.

SAVE: The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

wonder-boys-56fbe41fce779.png

wonder-boys-think.gif

Since I am only familiar with two of the movies remaining, I am honouring Alex's request to save Good Bye, Lenin which means I am cutting Wonder Boys. It is a movie that I am not too familiar with it but the internet tells me that it was released in 2000. In the movie, we find an excellent cast in Michael Douglas, Tobey Maguire, Frances McDormand, Robert Downey Jr. and there's also Katie Holmes.   The story of the movie is that it is about a professor (Michael Douglas) who is also a novelist and is teaching at a university which mean that he has to put his second novel on the backburner.  Fun fact about this movie is that it was inspired by a novel of the same name, but also that the movie was seen as a box-office flop being released in the theatre, not once, but twice in one year despite having a good critics reception. 

SAVING : GOOD BYE, LENIN

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Chris & Derek's Noms Next)