Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

Surf's Up (2007)

Surfs upmp.jpg

Remember that time when Antz and A Bug's Life came out suspiciously close together? And when Finding Nemo and Shark Tale were out together? This is the off-brand Happy Feet movie. Inexplicably, there were two computer animated penguin movies that were released from different studios in a relatively short amount of time. I saw Happy Feet and it was whatever. I did not see this, because if I barely liked Happy Feet I couldn't imagine liking this in a million years. This was released by Sony, and it stars Shia LaBeouf... that's right, Shia LaBeouf... as a penguin who wants to be a surfer. Jeff Bridges and Zooey Deschanel are also here. It's done in the mockumentary style, and actually got decently lukewarm reviews. So this isn't the worst non-Disney animated disaster we have in the game, but it is certainly not something worth holding onto much longer. 

Save Yi Yi

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Diana & Steven's Noms Posted)

Ginger Snaps

katherine-isabelle-ginger-snaps.gif

I'm so tired from work, but I know if I don't get this in tonight I will forget in the morning and I can't afford another strike because I already have 2. :dead: I am saving Scream 3 because duh, look at my set. :haha: Ginger Snaps is a 2000 Canadian supernatural horror film directed by John Fawcett who also co-wrote the film with Karen Walton. It stars Emily Perkins and Katharine Isabelle as two teenage sisters who have a fascination with death. Ginger gets bit by a creature and because a she-wolf? The movie has amassed a cult following, but leaves the rankdown now.

Save: Scream 3

• Sad 1

ai-artificial-intelligence-56fe29816a0ed.png

1-12.gif

Released in 2001, this film was produced and directed by Steven Spielberg - can’t believe that I am cutting one of his movies. This science fiction film, often referred as A.I. , was released in 2001 and it stars Haley Joel Osment & Jude Law with Osment as the lead character. Considering the genre of the film, it shouldn’t be surprised that it revolves around Osment is portraying a child like android who has the ability to love - an interesting concept. I’ve never seen the film so I am unable to talk wether the movie is good or bad but the critics appreciated it, and it had a great box office sell in Japan. But now, the movie is out of this rankdown.

SAVE : THE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS MOVIE

Edited by *Chris

ANTICHRIST

AntiChrist is a 2009 Lars Von Trier drama film that stars Willam Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg. In the film, the two of them portray a couple that retreat to The Cabin the Woods (no, not that one) following the accidental, but still horrifying, death of their son. While in the woods, the husband begins to experience strange and destructive visions, while the wife begins to seek out increasingly violent sexual acts and BDSM. The film is divided in the style of a book, with a prologue, epilogue and four chapters in between. The film is the first chapter of Lars Von Trier's unofficial depression trilogy, and received a rather polarized response as was expected. Nevertheless, the film has gone on to become a cult favourite and was even inducted into the Criterion collection once it hit the home video market. I have seen the film and enjoyed it for what it was, but I prefer Team America: World Police so I'll cut it for now.

SAVE: Team America: World Police

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Steven & Derek's Noms Next)

Hannah Montana: The Movie

The only thing I know of this movie is actually the climb which is an iconic Miley song. Anyway I guess I'll cut a movie I felt adds zero substance to this game or movie history..sure it made money and was successful but it wasn't anything super special was it? I never felt Miley or her dad were good actor/actress anyway so I don't think I would ever enjoy the movie on that principle. The film has the fictional Miley visit her hometown of Crowley Corners, Tennessee to get some perspective on what matters most in life. You can guess how it ends. 

Saving: My Sister's Keeper

Edited by *Diana

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Steven & Derek's Noms Posted)
4 minutes ago, *Diana said:

We just pretend this never happened :wub:

An underrated love song! 

Also hoedown throwdown is iconic.

Her scene with Tyra Banks ? Even more iconic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AAAABdcvpQAiSH19ovL8O7v6mB1YjqFMqsSg9lXpJTDd_j8wxrMb82iYOizkuui8G_x49GijdL6pagDbTbC2qUdaXY05836J.jpg?r=ef8

First, let's not mistake this movie with 28 Days Later as they are two complete different movies - this one, 28 days, was released in 2000 and it stars Sandra Bullock where her character goes to rehab due to her being an alcoholic & everything around is falling apart, notably following the wedding of her sister.  Throughout the movie, we follow the character's time in rehab - she is experiencing anger and does not want to participate in any of the programs offered, and in denial.  While in rehab, her character becomes friends with other patients who make her realize that her boyfriend isn't for her considering he is not taking her progress seriously.  By the end of the movie, she is looking to reconcile with people whom she upsets, and will eventually break-up with her boyfriend for her own well-being and sobriety.   Overall, the movie isn't groundbreaking despite the subject it's tackling but I will say that Sandra certainly showed some vulnerability into her role but that's not enough to save the movie as a whole - most of people who seen agrees, according to RT. 

SAVING : I LOVE YOU, BETH COOPER

• Like 1

Australia

AEmU.gif

I've never seen or heard of this movie before. Yay, I can use my usual sentence here. :haha: Australia is a 2008 epic adventure drama film directed by Baz Luhrmann. The movie stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, still never heard of it even though I am familiar with the actors. The film is a character story, set between 1939 and 1942 against a dramatised backdrop of events across northern Australia at the time, such as the bombing of Darwin during World War II.  Australia received mixed reviews from critics and grossed $211 million worldwide. The film has a 55% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I don't see myself ever seeing it so goodbye. 

Save: Hollow Man