Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

baara-516ae47402eef.png

3bfa9201dadb0b8e9a597abb74d8a470.jpg?itok=ioZeeSb9

A 2009 film, Baarìa is a film directed by Italian director, Giuseppe Tornator. The movie was also nominated at the 2010 Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film but failed to get a nomination at the Academy Awards. While I never seen the movie, the plot of the movie caught my attention :  Happening in Bagheria, a Sicilian town, from 1930s to 1980s, the viewers are experiencing the life in the town through the eyes of two lovers ; It focuses on three generations as well as the life in the area during five decades which included the Fascist period / World War II. During the World War II period, we are experiencing life through the eyes of Peppino who will eventually meet the love of his life despite great turmoils that the two must face.   I am certainly intrigued by the film but unfortunately it is not enough for me to save it & I ended up cutting it as I doubt that it would have been saved by any of the remaining rankers. 

SAVING : THE LOVELY BONES

Everybody's Fine

everybodys-fine-2009-film-1de91691-54da-419c-97dd-0ff9567f7d5-resize-750.gif

Yay, I get to use my famous line. I've never seen or heard of this movie before. I'm surprised because it has Robert De Niro and Drew Barrymore both of whom I like as actors especially Drew Barrymore. So Everybody's Fine is a 2009 American drama film written and directed by Kirk Jones The films stars Robert De Niro, Drew Barrymore, Sam Rockwell and Kate Beckinsale. The movie is about Frank Goode who iss getting ready for his children to come visit him. One by one each of his children calls to cancel on him at the last minute. Frank decides to head out on a cross-country trip to visit each of his kids. Sounds like a ok movie, I guess? Paul McCartney wrote the ballad "(I Want to) Come Home" for the film after seeing an advance screening and it lead to a Golden Globe nomination for Best Song. 

Save: Brothers

I LOVE YOU BETH COOPER

Whoops, i thought I posted this last night. Sorry, Alex! Based on the novel of the same name, I Love You, Beth Cooper is a teen-oriented romantic comedy (a "rom-com") from 2009 that was directed by Chris Columbus, who notably directed Home Alone and the first two Harry Potter films. The film stars Scream 4 fan favourite Hayden Panettiere and Paul Rust, and was adapted to the screen by the novel's author Larry Doyle as well. According to IMDb, I Love You, Beth Cooper follows the valedictorian of a high school after proclaims his love for Beth Cooper during his graduation speech. That very night, Beth Cooper shows up at his door offering to show him the best night of his life. This sounds terrible, and Wikipedia tells me that the film has a 13% at Rotten Tomatoes so clearly I'm not wrong in my judgement.

SAVE: Orphan

I Love You, Beth Cooper

MV5BMjE0ODk2OTcyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjI1

Tale as old as time. Nerdy guy falls in love with popular girl and they find out they have more in common than they think. On the day of their hs graduation, the valedictorian publicly declares his love the the head of the cheerleading squad. A night of hijinks and adventure ensue as they all have one last hurrah before college. I've never seen the movie, but from what I've heard it's just a really generic American Pie ripoff. Parts of it seem very Revenge of the Nerds where they give permission to nerdy white guys to be creeps because at least they're not jocks. Anyways, Hayden Panettiere looks hot af in the movie so good for her. This was directed by the same guy who also directed Home Alone and the first two Harry Potter movies which is an extremely random but fun fact. I'm just honoring @Elliott's decision but he should remember that one more strike and one of his immunities is getting cut from the game.

Save Orphan

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Elliott & Derek's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Elliott & Derek's Noms Posted)

Transformers

If there is one franchise I do not understand the hype of at all that would be the Transformers one. I haven't seen all the movies the first was plenty but who have have told me I didn't miss much. I this is was a easy cut to make quickly as I am about to go mama bear at a iep meeting for my son and am in the waiting room. I wasn't going to let P.S. I Love You be cut while I was unavailable so I cut the film I knew the most about. It stars Megan Fox, Josh Dumel, Mark Wahlberg among others but those are the ones coming to my head. Overrated film and a easy cut.

Saving: P.S. I Love You

Edited by *Diana

GRACE IS GONE (2007)

MV5BMTg0ODYwMzY0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTcwMDM4._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Grace is Gone is a drama starring John Cusack. He plays the husband of a solider in the Army who was recently killed on a tour of duty in Iraq. He finds it difficult to break the news to his daughters that their mother has died. He takes them on a road trip to a theme park they always wanted to visit. He hopes to have one day of fun before letting them know what happened. This sounds like a very depressing movie. This isn't a movie I plan to watch; just reading the entire plot summary on Wikipedia is enough for me. I don't doubt there could be good performances in this film, but this seems like too much of a bummer. As for what the critics thoughts, the film has a 62% approval rating. The consensus reads: "A refreshing departure from the current crop of Iraq war dramas, Grace is Gone is a heartfelt, finely acted portrayal of grief and healing."  

Saving Dan In Real Life.

tumblr_pxainsUn2w1qitfr2o5_400.gifv