Top 11 Song Suggestions

thevoiceisthetop

Gymani - Smooth Operator (Sade)

Hailey Mia - Ocean Eyes (Billie Eilish)

Jeremy Rosado - Gravity (Sara Bareilles)

Joshua Vacanti - A Dustland Fairytale (The Killers)

Jershika Maple - Stand (Yebba)

Holly Forbes - All I Ask (Adele)

Jim and Sasha - I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab For Cutie)

Lana Scott - White Hot Country Mess (Emily Scott Robinson)

Paris Winningham - Broken Halos (Chris Stapleton)

Wendy Moten - Angel From Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt)

GIRL NAMED TOM:

The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)

exile (Taylor Swift & Bon Iver)

Poison & Wine (The Civil Wars)

For Free (Joni Mitchell)

Forever and a Night (Little Big Town)

Blowin' In The Wind (Bob Dylan)

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I need this. Like I literally do it would make my entire life complete and have value again

was originally going to suggest it for Hailey but I realized how amazing GNT would sound on it :haha:

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

How would you arrange it? Bekah taking on Taylor's part and harmonizing with Josh, while Caleb, who has the lowest voice, takes on Bon Iver's?

not entirely sure, but we can for sure count on GNT to arrange it!

Girl Named Tom - “Lover, Please Stay” by Nothing But Thieves

Gymani - “You Are So Beautiful” by Joe Cocker

Hailey Mia - “Skinny Love” by Bon Iver

Jeremy Rosado - “Give You Blue” by Allen Stone

Joshua Vacanti - “Paris (Ooh La La)” by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, yes I will keep suggesting this song until he does some effin' rock.

Jershika Maple - “Holy Water” - We the Kingdom

Holly Forbes - “River” by Joni Mitchell

Jim and Sasha - “Song of Trouble” by CARM and Sufjan Stevens (Father and Son by Cat Stevens is too obvious for being on the right track.)

Lana Scott - A hoedown-styled rearrangement of a 2010s pop song would be really fun. Maybe “Story Of My Life” by One Direction? Gimme something out of left field! (Or at least don’t just sing Carrie Underwood next week.)

Paris Winningham - “Bright Lights” by Gary Clark Jr.

Wendy Moten - “Bed of Roses” by Bon Jovi

Edited by peachfuz

Girl Named Tom - 500 Miles by Peter, Paul and Mary.  Man, in looking for 1 girl-2 guy groups who straddle down that folksy alt lane GNT holds down. We see Echosmith (contemporary) and Peter, Paul and Mary (old school); the temptation is to give them Echosmith's "Bright" since "Cool Kids" doesn't fit their vibe as much. But "Bright" is lighter fare and might not work in a competition setting. Civil Wars with "Barton Hollow" would be good, but only the Taylor-driven "Safe and Sound" was done on the show; that could also work. Peter, Paul and Mommy are waayy better for GNT's old school folksy harmonizing fare. 500 Miles is one of the most meaningful songs out there and will hit every baby boomer watching this show straight in the heart. Moment song potential for them.

Gymani - Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce. She's covered this song. Look, this isn't a voting song, but this is the real her, and let's not pander anymore. If nothing else, she can sing it better than The Keys.

Hailey Mia - Make It Real by The Jets. I was tempted to give her Willow's "Meet Me At Our Spot" as part of THE ANXIETY for super-current fare, but obviously that's not going to fly with the audience. "Ocean Eyes" is a good one. I mean, we've heard "You Say" by Lauren Daigle, as well, which will definitely cement her a spot next week. But I wanted something that evoked something from the simpler time (70s-80s), some soulful adult contemporary that would appeal to the boomers. The Jets did this really well in the late 80s, and Liz Wolfgramm was like 15-16 when she sang this song so it's age appropriate.  If Hailey can take on Liz Wolfgramm hear it would work well.

Jeremy Rosado - This Woman's Work by Maxwell. True by Spandau Ballet (or You by Lloyd for its contemporary interpolation). I mean, lord, this guy is going to belt every female diva out there or wanna-be female diva like Rascal Flatts. But let's go back to the basics, or its contemporary aspect. But let's not kid ourselves, he'll probably do Mariah's "All I Want for Christmas Is You" or something. Ok, found Maxwell for him. Let's live off the false.

Joshua Vacanti - Africa by Toto (or Weezer version). Let's go Joshua swell up towards the chorus here.

Jershika Maple - Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac. One of the best songs in the Fleetwood Mac catalog; if Jershika can show the same sort of vulnerability as Stevie Nicks here, it's a moment. 

Holly Forbes - For Your Eyes Only By Sheena Easton. Cheesy as all hell, but it was a James Bond song in 1981 (movie of the same name), and it's a belting song. Was gonna give it to Ryleigh, but let's give it to Holly now. 

Jim and Sasha - Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel. I was going to give them "Take It Easy by Eagles" for the unintentional hilarity, but if they want a moment encapsulating that folksiness, this is definitely one of their better bets. Simon and Garfunkel are legends in the 60s game.

Lana Scott - Take Me Home, Country Roads (Judy Collins version). Judy Collins has one of the more tasteful girl versions of the song out there, and I know Lana Scott's from Virginia, but there is a West Virginia reference out there. It will ingratiate herself with the audience more. Bonus points if she can do the medley of Take Me Home, Country Roads/Leaving on a Jet Plane that Collins did, but Jim and Sasha already did "Leaving On a Jet Plane".

Paris Winningham - Both Sides of The Story by Phil Collins. I'm not sure if Paris can evoke the storytelling aspect of Phil in this song, which touches on poverty, racial issues and homelessness even in the early 90s, and maybe it's too heavy on the Voice, but I'm pushing this on him.

Wendy Moten - The new Adele song (Easy On Me). Let's go.

Edited by jork

Girl Named Tom - An Original of theirs

Gymani - Every Day is a Winding Road by Sheryl Crow

Hailey Mia - Let It Go from Frozen

Jeremy Rosado - Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden

Joshua Vacanti - Layla by Eric Clapton

Jershika Maple - Architecture by Johnothan Talib

Holly Forbes - Shout 2000 by Disturbed

Jim and Sasha - An Original of Theirs

Lana Scott - Foolish Games by Jewel

Paris Winningham - In the Navy by Village People

Wendy Moten - An Original of Hers

Girl Named Tom -  Rivers and Roads by The Head and the Heart, Exile by Taylor Swift and Bon Iver, 

Gymani - Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers

Hailey Mia - Lost Cause by Billie Eilish

Jeremy Rosado -  This Woman's Work by Maxwell

Joshua Vacanti - Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

Jershika Maple - Take Me to the King by Tamela Mann

Holly Forbes - Easy on Me by Adele, My Mind by YEBBA

Jim and Sasha - The Chain by Fleetwood Mac

Lana Scott - I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack

Paris Winningham - Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding

Wendy Moten -  You Make me Feel like a natural Woman by Aretha Franklin

10 hours ago, jork said:

Wendy Moten - The new Adele song (Easy On Me). Let's go.

I wouldn't like that song for Wendy. She and Adele have very different tones, idk how it would work.

With that said, Wendy is Wendy, she can handle any song from any genre that they throw at her.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don't think anyone should sing the new Adele song :ph34rwave:

Well, next week is fan week, so it wouldn't be surprising to see someone cover it (probably Holly or Jeremy)

2 hours ago, caburr1982 said:

Jeremy Rosado - Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden

lmao

Girl Named Tom - The Picture - Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow

Gymani - The Trouble With Love Is - Kelly Clarkson

Hailey Mia - Out Here On My Own - Irena Cara

Jeremy Rosada - I'll Be There - Jackson 5

Joshua Vacanti - Edelweiss - Sound Of Music

Jeyshika Maple - if Love Were A Red Dress - Maria McKee

Holly Forbes - All Apologies - Nirvana (Lorde version)

Jim and Sasha - Billionaire - Bruno Mars

Lana Scott - The House That Built Me - Miranda Lambert

Paris Winningham - See You Again - Charlie Puth

Wendy Moten - What's Up - Four Non Blondes

Edited by MAOW
  • Confused 1

Girl Named Tom - "Jolene" (Dolly Parton)

Gymani - "No Ordinary Love" (Sade)

Hailey Mia - "i love you" (Billie Eilish)

Jeremy Rosado - "Hero" (Mariah Carey)

Joshua Vacanti - "High Hopes" (Panic! At The Disco)

Jershika Maple - "Get Here" (Oleta Adams)

Holly Forbes - "Fields Of Gold" (Sting)

Jim and Sasha - "Go Your Own Way" (Fleetwood Mac)

Lana Scott - "Angel From Montgomery" (Bonnie Raitt)

Paris Winningham - "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay" (Otis Redding)

Wendy Moten - "Cry" (Faith Hill) / "A Broken Wing" (Martina McBride)

INSTANT SAVE

TBD  - "You Oughta Know" (Alanis Morissette)

Gymani - "Un-Break My Heart" (Toni Braxton)