SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

On 1/5/2020 at 4:50 PM, Deeee said:
Amy Yakima (Season 10)

This write-up will be titled the following: "A Brief Explanation of why Amy Yakima is Not Good nor Memorable and How Jasmine Harper Bested Her During Season 10."

Amy joined the competition as one of many generic Jazz/Contemporary women that has great technique and probably did very well in competitions. Jasmine Harper joined as a dancer of many styles, Hip-Hop, Contemporary, Ballet, Jazz, Tap. Jasmine Harper had already worked professionally for big name artists, such as Ciara. J.Harper danced a really beautiful and mature piece for her audition. Amy ran around the stage to a song that she most definitely had picked out for her by somebody else, and then we had to watch her dad "dance" for like ten minutes. J.Harper was the winner from the very beginning.

Showcase Week. Amy danced a good, but typical Sonya Tayeh Jazz piece with Lesser-Jasmine. J.Harper danced a Contemporary routine with three contestants who lasted too long in the competition and naturally was the standout. J.Harper over Amy once again.

Week 1 of the competition. Amy danced a Sonya Tayeh Contemporary piece that closed the show. "Elsa" is a very good routine. But of course the judges slobbered over the routine like Amy created dancing or something. J.Harper danced a Sonya Tayeh Jazz piece that same week. "Bottom of the River" is very good. Slightly less good than "Elsa," but J.Harper was safe after receiving only half of the praise Amy received for a routine that is on the same level as "Elsa." J.Harper wins again.

Week 2 of the competition. Amy almost closes the show again with her routine, since she was already the destined favorite. Amy danced the very great "After Party" Nappytabs routine. One of my favorites. That same week, J.Harper also danced a Nappytabs Hip-Hop routine to "Tears Always Win." One of my favorites as well. J.Harper just kept her foot on Amy's neck obviously. J.Harper is incredible in the routine, and we know that "After Party" would have been an even better routine had she danced it. J.Harper wins again. And she doesn't need the pimp spot to do so.

Week 3 of the competition. Amy dances a Paso Doble. It sucks so hard. J.Harper danced a pretty good and underrated Broadway routine. J.Harper wins again.

Week 4 of the competition. Amy danced a Tyce Diorio Jazz routine that pretty much plagiarized Wade Robson's iconic routine, "Cabaret Hoover." Automatic loss. Though the routine is good. J.Harper danced a Quickstep that was very entertaining despite being not the best on a technical level. J.Harper wins again.

Week 5 of the competition. Amy danced one of the worst routines in SYTYCD history, "Let's Get It On." J.Harper danced the incredible "The District Sleeps Alone Tonight." J.Harper wins again Amy Yakima. SORRY.

On to Week 6. Amy danced a horrible Viennese waltz. J.Harper danced one of the best routines of SYTYCD history, "Gold Rush." Amy fell in the bottom four and was narrowly eliminated. She should have been. J.Harper is better people.

Top 10. Amy dances a terrible Disco routine that should not be discussed. J.Harper danced the amazing "Blurred Lines." You get my point.

Week 8. Top 8. #RIGGAMORRIS. Amy gets paired with Travis Wall to dance a Travis Wall choreographed piece to close out the night. Nigel tweets about the routine all week long. Of course Amy is heralded for inventing dance alongside Wonderkid and was handed the win in that moment. The routine is great, albeit boring. I wish it didn't reek of the smell of #RIGGAMORRIS. J.Harper wins for dancing next to tWitch and actually looking just as talented as he is. Next.

Week 9. Amy dances a horrible Bollywood routine. Surprising. Amy dances a horrible Hip-Hop routine because she is not great enough in the style nor capable of pulling "sexy" off just yet. Surprising. J.Harper danced a great Contemporary piece with Neil and a fun Jazz piece with Aaron.

Finale week. Amy danced a horrible Argentine Tango. Amy danced a fun Jazz piece with Aaron. But J.Harper had already done that. Amy dances a very generic and boring Contemporary to "Say Something." Which of course appeals directly to the voters and the judges then act like Amy resurrected puppies from the grave. Amy danced an underrated Jazz piece with J.Harper. J.Harper danced "Run The World (Girls)." The best piece in the history of SYTYCD. And the incredible "Spiegel Im Spiegel." J.Harper won that night. Because "Run The World (Girls)" is the greatest routine ever.

Amy won the competition for the women, and apparently received the highest amount of votes as well. Tragic. That Amy won for failing most of the competition and pretty much only because she danced that piece with Travis. Since the show, Amy most notably danced in the Mia Michaels choreographed "Finding Neverland" as Peter Pan. Amy toured with Shaping Sound briefly. Now she continues to teach at conventions. J.Harper is one of the most booked dancers in the industry. J.Harper dances for Beyoncé. J.Harper was on The Carters' album cover. Need I say more?

Amy is overrated and J.Harper is better in every single way. This ends my brief talk. Fair elimination.

SAVING: Lacey Schwimmer (Season 3)

AND THE SAVE AT THE END. Possibly my favorite IDF post ever

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, .Rei said:

left

Destini Rogers
Jaimie Goodwin
Hok Konishi
Anya Garnis
Kevin Hunte
Cristina Santana
Ricky Jaime
Mitchell Kelly
Lex Ishimoto
Hannahlei Cabanilla
Danny Arbour
Emanuel Sandhu

rooting for Anya, Danny A. and lowkey Cristina and Ricky

the rest??

hooray-its-weekend.gif

hokuto-hok-konishi-d0bacb2a-b913-4a7b-b1
HOK KONISHI | SYTYCD US3

Hok placed in the top twelve of the third season in the United States. Hok… existed? He was a Breakdancer? I’m struggling because Jaimie was a superior dancer to him and he brought her down on so many levels. I guess my favourite dance of theirs was their Jazz routine which I’ll post for the twenty five extra words. I always forget that he was in the season because he was so irrelevant. I think he would’ve done better on a later season because he got lost in the shuffle.

Advancing - Hannahlei

Choreo - Jaimie

Edited by Zoey

Kevin hunte 

kevinhunte_1210w.jpg

I honestly can’t remember much about him so that is why he is getting cut. Traveling today so this is going to be a very quick writeup. He made the top 20 and I believe stayed past his welcome.he was hip hop and popping and made it to top 14. I think it is great that he was able to make it past the first round as he could have been an easy cut. He was on season 6 and that is as much detail as I could get from the SYTYCD wiki page so I believe that is all I can write about him. Thanks for playing Kevin hunte!

Edited by JC

Mitchell Kelly

S8_Mitchell_Kelly.jpg

Yay for there being another easy cut available for me! Mitchell was on season 8, and wasn't very good. His only routines that I liked were both his Contemporaries with Caitlynn, Turning Tables and To Love You More. He was injured week 1 and Caitlynn had to dance with Robert Roldan, which was definitely for the better IMO. I think Robert suits Sonya's Jazz routines better than Mitchell would. Week 3, they danced a Samba that was a mess and then Top 12 week they had the awful Break the Chain Hip-Hop. Definitely one of Christopher Scott's worst pieces of choreography ever, and quite possibly the worst, but there's a lot to choose from for that title. The "Piece of My Heart" Jazz was okay I guess and their 3rd best routine but really, they only did great at Contemporary. Top 10 week, he had a really bad Broadway routine with Melody and was eliminated afterwards. Can't say it was a huge loss, as I never got invested in him and he wasn't got at anything not Contemporary. And him being cut here isn't a huge loss in this rankdown either.

Here's his two Contemporary routines with Caitlynn.

Save: Anya Garnis

Choreography: Cristina Santana

• Like 1

Emanuel Sandhu
MOV-Sandhu-Goodbye.jpg

Okay so Derek has spoken so goodbye to Emanuel Sandhu it is. I know if you're like me and have no remembrance of this person than this isn't that big of a loss here. I mean, yes other people than Tara Jean were apart of season 2 not that I cared. Emanuel was a ballet dander and lasted to top 6 I believe so good for him I guess. I couldn't care less about him so it's a easy cut to make at this point in the game. Anyway not sure he even has any fans because I cut way after everyone else and he was left.

Saving Destini Rogers
Choreography: Ricky Jaime

• Like 1