Lise Alexander

NL 5

Kalila Hermant

NL 6

Tamara Arruti ⭐

Less than 3 hours!

@*Amanda @sublymonal @JC @totes4totes 

Floris Bosveld

I changed my mind on who to cut a few times, but ultimately settled on Floris. Look, he’s good and definitely helped contribute to Benelux 3 being such an amazing season, however, I much preferred Natascha, Lise & Lorenzo and with 2 of the 3 already being gone and Lise still here, I figured I might as well give her the Benelux 3 win.

Maybe me not being as huge a fan of him as I am for his competitors is that he was partnered with Hettie? Which is a good partnership but I was more invested in other partnerships. Even after Top 10, I found myself rooting more for others. He delivered good routines, but they weren’t ever my favorite of the night. Even the night where he & Lise performed that amazing Paso Doble, my favorite routine of his, they were outshone by Natascha & Lorenzo’s “Mad World”.

And like, he’s a good dancer but his win is a case of the Benelux public crowning underwhelming winners in comparison to their finale counterparts. Although his win isn’t as egregious as say, Frederic or Malik.

He & Shiobian from season 2 are together and have a baby which is cute.

This is a great placement for him, but he’s just someone I’m not as much of a fan as I am with others. Sorry to his fans, but he’s my choice to cut.

• Sad 1

Melissa Mitro (CA4, Runner-Up)

Since people are cutting potential winners of this Rankdown, I have no choice to cut one of the people that I could not allow to win. 

Melissa was the runner up of Canada’s fourth and final season. She was clearly the judges favourite, receiving a standing ovation every week from them when she was partnered with Shane Simpson. However, very few of their routines together were my favourites from her. Together they danced an Afro Jazz and Contemporary in weeks 1 and 2. I preferred their Contemporary. She then danced another contemporary with Joey Arrigo, then a Tango with Christian, which I liked. In Weeks 5 and 6, she danced a Hip-hop (my favourite routine of hers) and Contemporary with Adam. At the Top 10, she was with Shane again and they danced a hip-hop together. At the Top 8 she danced a Jazz with Matt Marr and despite the fact that it was to a Jessie J song and I liked him, I found this routine to be forgettable but the judges were determined to make them happen and declared it a Top 6 finale. In the finale week, they danced together again in a Salsa which was another one I didn’t like from them. I did however enjoy her Mia Michaels contemporary number with the girls.

Anyway, I know most of the rankers and the public like her so I fully expect her to do well in the final vote and we can’t have that so I’m using my one and only petty cut to make sure she doesn’t win it all.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Jayme Rai Dailey

efa49fec498629bb73caf11b1ff7e48d_400x400

Jayme Rae was on Season 2 of SYTYCD Canada. She was partnered with the hot and sexy Daniel Dory who definitely carried the partnership in my eyes ❤️ JR was I think considered a jazz dancer and did well in the judges' eyes in the sexy dance styles that involved funk, jazz, or hip hop. It definitely helped to have Daniel by her side. He definitely brought the sexy. She made it to top 4 despite bottoming twice but was eliminated in third place. She acts now. JR is someone that has never been a favorite of mine, so she has definitely been vulnerable in my eyes as someone to cut. I originally planned on cutting someone else, but after some of the cuts this round, it changed my perspective and kind of pointed at me to cut JR. This round is always difficult though so everyone loses favorites and that is exactly what it is designed to do. So RIP all the dancers cut this round, but also congrats to them for making it this far.

Edited by JC
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, JC said:

She made it to top 4 despite bottoming a lot but was eliminated first.

???

She was in the bottom twice. The same amount of times as Jeanine Mason.

And she placed third in the finale. Everett was fourth.

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

???

She was in the bottom twice. The same amount of times as Jeanine Mason.

And she placed third in the finale. Everett was fourth.

I have a terrible memory :dead: I'll go fix it.

artem-cover.png

Artem Chigvintsev

I was gonna cut somebody else (I am sure A LOT of you can guess who) but cuts have lead me here. Which is fine. I've wanted Artem gone for a while. And I am going to show you that I am a BIGGER person and not do my usual thing of shading Artem's love life, particularly his sham visa marriage. Because all parties now seem very happy with children. So. Anyway, Artem was like the Top 8 guy on Season 1 of SYTYCD. He auditioned with Giselle Peacock (aforementioned) and his only good routines were his ballroom/Latin routines. He then went on to have a successful career in both Strictly Come Dancing in the UK and Dancing with the Stars here in the US. Aside from Melora, I cannot name any of his partners. Oh wait, Nikki Bella who he is engaged to, the mother of his child, and who is literally in the picture I posted. So two partners. Now Artem is doing that thing where he's like "I'm like 40 but I just became a Dad so I need to look younger so let's dye my hair blonde." Look Messi did it (albeit he was much younger and after his second child and he's like the most famous man in the world so we all had to accept it), so whomst are we to judge Artem. Anyway, he's back to being his natural dirty blonde/brunette now so it's all good.

Wow look at that. I've now written an essay about who I am cutting.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Zoey said:

@JC cutting two dancers in my top three ever.

I think we know who’s getting tanked in my final rankings.

I didn't realize she was in your top 3 ever???

It was more because of the Ivan cut, obviously nothing against you.

I understand, but I would have been surprised if you ranked him any higher than 20.