SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 8 - Elliott's turn)

Can you believe that Ariana Debose is the first out queer POC actress to be nominated for an Academy Award (both Cynthia Erivo and Queen Latifah came out after their nominations)?????? She's also only the second Afro-Latina actress to be nominated for an acting award. Also, along with Kristen Stewart they will make the 3rd and 4th openly queer actresses to be nominated (after Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga). Insane what a milestone this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just now, *Diana said:

The fact that the most successful dancer ever from SYTYCD is a first week boot. Somewhere Nigel is kicking himself.

A first week boot WITH NO AUDIENCE VOTE!!!!! The judges picked the bottom AND sent her home. He can't even blame the voters lmao 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Can you believe that Ariana Debose is the first out queer POC actress to be nominated for an Academy Award (both Cynthia Erivo and Queen Latifah came out after their nominations)?????? She's also only the second Afro-Latina actress to be nominated for an acting award. Also, along with Kristen Stewart they will make the 3rd and 4th openly queer actresses to be nominated (after Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga). Insane what a milestone this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like you’re trying to make us stan Ariana even more and it’s def working on me!

• Like 1

58832whiterockNathalieHeathSoYouThinkYou
NATHALIE HEATH | SYTYCD CA3

Nathalie Heath is a Contemporary dancer from the third season of So You Think You Can Dance Canada. It was a good season all in all but Nathalie didn’t stand out to me at all. I didn’t particularly like her partnership with Mackenzie and she was ultimately a borefest for me during the season. I found so many more dancers more exciting than her so was surprised she had so much support on this board. I just rewatched a few routines and I’m still bored this many years later. I probably liked them even less than I did so many years ago. Yes, even that mediocre Contemporary routine you all seem to love. :whut: She’s just forgetful and very vanilla to me. She shouldn’t have even lasted this long. 

Edited by Zoey
  • Sad 1

BrilliantHorribleKudu-max-1mb.gif
MELANIE MOORE

Melanie Moore is a winner of So You Think You Can Dance US Season eight. I think this is a pretty good placement for Melanie considering she isn’t one of the strongest winners of any season and I don’t really remember too much about her apart from one solo. I’ve just looked over her journey and she was pretty much catered for throughout the entire season by dancing Contemporary and Jazz every other week. Not the most challenging of journeys and I don’t remember her really shining in much outside of her genre. I don’t love the statue routine like everyone else and I don’t like the lyrical hip-hop either. I could’ve easily taken six or seven other dancers winning over her. 

Saving Brandon.

I love how many emotions CA3 still inspires in people :wub: Edgar and Amanda were faraway my faves but I liked Nathalie and didn't like Mackenzie (or was neutral on him) iirc, also liked Janick and didn't really like Jeff, was ambivalent on Denys and REALLY not a fan of Danielle and Sebastian lol.

I don't like Melanie, but is that worth saying really. Who among those left is even a fan LOL. (If I remembered the season better I would volunteer to drag her as she deserves because mere memories of that so-called hip-hop are already giving me war flashbacks.)

On 2/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, *Diana said:

The fact that the most successful dancer ever from SYTYCD is a first week boot. Somewhere Nigel is kicking himself.

On 2/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, FrogLenzen said:

A first week boot WITH NO AUDIENCE VOTE!!!!! The judges picked the bottom AND sent her home. He can't even blame the voters lmao 

It is all reallly hilarious when you think about it. No one would have seen this coming, especially Nigel. 🤣

But lmao you know if SYTYCD ever does come back, Nigel would totally take credit for Ariana's success. 🤣