SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

DENITSA IKONOMOVA

Dance+QuebecGroup.jpg

Denitsa Ikonomova is the terrible eighth placer from the fourth and final season of So You Think You Can Dance Canada. Her name is actually kind of perfect for her because it's so close to Denys' name, and they both are the reason the show got canceled. I said what I said. Denitsa was absolutely horrendous in all of her routines, and her solos were among the worst to ever, uh, grace the So You Think You Can Dance stage. Being a Matt Marr stan was brutal because I had to suffer through his fanbase dragging her into the finals. She's apparently had some success on the French DWTS since her season ended. Good for her, I hope she's happy and healthy, but I absolutely refuse to ever watch them to see if that's the case. But since IDF somehow stanned her during the season, I'm going to assume it isn't.

SAVE: Mark Villager

a60cfcca8265d18efcc03ef3776768f8?width=6

BJ Rorke

Wowowowow, I was not expecting BJ to get eliminated from this group but I can't say that I am too mad about it. I am not playing and risking people that I wouldn't have wanted to see leave so if Gianne is going then so is BJ because IMHO their routines together were about her. BJ was a contestant on Season 2 of Australia and he made it all the way to Top 6. I think that most people would have preferred him to make Final 4 over Ben Veitch, but that season everybody was kind of window dressing for the inevitable final 2 of Talia and Charlie. His best routines that season were his hip-hop with Gianne and his jazz with Talia. Since his time on the show he is still working as a dancer and choreographer and is married with a family. I'd say it all worked out.

OIP.EoUsom6_C936vxkPObFI0QHaGn?pid=ImgDe

Raquel Tijsterman

Raquel is a modern dancer who was a contestant on Benelux 3. She was originally paired with Stefano from Top 18 to Top 12 and along with Lise/Chico, Natascha/Eldrick, Enora/Lorenzo, and Hettie/Floris they were one of the standout couples (NL3 was just really good). Her standout routines from her season were probably her "Ne Me Quitte Pas" Modern with Stefano and her Top 10 Tango with Chico which UNJUSTLY got her eliminated. To be fair, I think from that season I would have had her last longer than Hettie so not that unjust. Her IG is private so I don't know what she is up to now.

Sara Von Gillern

JdarYXW.png

I wasn't planing on cutting Sara but she is one of my least favorite from this set of nominations and I want to ensure that some of the other get the chance to advance. Sara holds the honor of being the first B-Girl of the US version and I think the only one still. She had many great routines throughout her journey and she was probably the 2nd best girl of the season after Lacey. My favorite routines from her were Cabaret Hoover, The Rockefeller Skank, Knock on Wood and Whatever Lola Wants. So she pretty much proved herself in the three main genres so that is always gonna be a plus on my book. She was eliminated during Top 8 and left along Dominic. She seems to be still dancing and got recently married, so good for her. 

Saving Amanda C.

Lizzie Gough
Lizzie-Gough-Headshot-3.jpg

As expected, so many of my favorites got nominated and so when I had to chose who to cut unfortunately Lizzie was the one I cared the least about. With her Elimination, So You Think You Can Dance UK Season 1 is eliminated from our rankdown as well. She did win that season in our game so that's good for her. In real life, she placed third. She has a good career post show for herself also good for her. I am just not connected to the UK series so it makes for an easy cut at this point of the game.

Saving: Els Smekens