SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Patric Kuo

uAe8JEs.png

I guess you could call Patric one of the best guy of that season but that's not saying much as there weren't many exciting dancers that season. He was paired with Lauren for most if his journey where they danced lyrical hip hop, jazz, Viennese waltz and contemporary. I guess I liked their hip hop. He also danced a hip hop with Jay and a cha cha with Ashleigh. My favorite routine from him was his showcase with Yukino and Sally that was pretty great and one of my favorite from the season. He was eliminated during top 10 week and that was it. I don't really have to say much about him. I wonder if he's still dating Ashleigh. He's still dancing. He's also quite attractive.

Saving Katee

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 8 - JC's turn)
1 minute ago, kritaaay said:

I really want to start a rewatch but tbh I have no idea where to begin and yes I know maybe I should go for the seasons I haven't watched first but!!! I also want to rewatch the stuff I have so I can recall my old opinions lmao. So what would someone suggest.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

I really want to start a rewatch but tbh I have no idea where to begin and yes I know maybe I should go for the seasons I haven't watched first but!!! I also want to rewatch the stuff I have so I can recall my old opinions lmao. So what would someone suggest.

if you want start with season 16, just watch this routine and never look back 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

I would actually suggest just rewatching whatever season you remember as your favorite so that your desire to watch doesn't immediately get destroyed lol

US10 or NL3 or 6 were fully my emotional support seasons (and 2013 was both a very strong year for sytycd and a very rough one for me personally SO) but i also remember my opinions on those very clearly LOL.

Also I have no idea what that abomination up there was but from some reading I have to assume the terrible blonde is Sophie (or Jensen?)

10 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

if you want to watch the new seasons, season 14 is definitely the best and a top tier season overall.... 15 is low tier and then 16 is the worst season ever (kids included)

If I would rank them I guess it would be like:

5, 4, 3, 6, 14, 10, 12, 1, 7, 8, 15, 2, 9, 11, 13, 16

2 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

Also I have no idea what that abomination up there was but from some reading I have to assume the terrible blonde is Sophie (or Jensen?)

and that wasn't even the worst routine from that season :haha:

that's Sophie :giggle:

even Jensen wasn't as bad as her 

lmfao the plague of mediocre women (not even all contemporary women anymore!) continues and yes I do see my hypocrisy as a Makenzie fan don't look at me

I have heard good things about 14!! though LOL I did speak to my friend who used to run the SYTYCDrankings tumblr immediately after the season and she was like "it isn't worth it" which I think hindsight helps a lot because I remember also being angry at S10 when it aired and then a year later realising how lucky we were 😂

46 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

lmfao the plague of mediocre women (not even all contemporary women anymore!) continues and yes I do see my hypocrisy as a Makenzie fan don't look at me

I have heard good things about 14!! though LOL I did speak to my friend who used to run the SYTYCDrankings tumblr immediately after the season and she was like "it isn't worth it" which I think hindsight helps a lot because I remember also being angry at S10 when it aired and then a year later realising how lucky we were 😂

Season 14 was fine minus the huge Lex/Taylor push from the judges. It’s Season 16 you have to watch out for :ph34rwave:

Gianinni Semedo

Oof these nomination are brutal for anyone I like so I guess the easy choice is to cut the one I don't care about or care lease about. Unfortunately that happens to be Gianinni. He was a dancer from Season 1 of the neatherlands. He placed in the 6th Place missing out on the finale. 

Saving: Jayme Rae Dailey

Edited by *Diana

Sabra Johnson

U5gpWmw.png

Sabra holds the honor of being the first female winner of the franchise. Sabra is often under appreciated around here just cause season 3 had so great dancers and she wasn't really anyone's #1. But I think she is pretty solid and a worthy winner. She had some very great routines and nothing outright terrible. My favorite routines from her were Make it Work, A Wild Wild Party, Mr. Pinstripe Suit, Sweet Dreams and Koyal. Her two jazz happen to be two of the best routines of all-time. Post-show she has remained very private with her life and her career, so it's hard to know what she's been up to these days.

Saving Angelo

maxresdefault.jpg
DONYELLE JONES

Donyelle Jones was a contestant on the second series of the United States franchise. Donyelle was decent enough but was one of the chosen ones since she was partnered with Benji. Their partnership was more about personality than it was technique but it kinda worked for them. I was never really blown away by anything she did in the first few weeks and preferred her once she’d broken away from Benji. She wasn’t the strongest of dancers so this placement is too high for her, imo.

Saving Natalie F.

Edited by Zoey
  • Like 1

💔

I mean I too would save Natalie over Donyelle like. Twenty times over but even so... considering S2 has slim pickings anyway and like 60% of the cast is trash in retrospect, she's probably my second or third favourite. (I am very sad about Ivan, Elliott!!)

Sabra was good but very much just good with very few high points so I suppose it's a matter of whether you think that sort of journey deserves a win more than a more uneven one with higher highs.