SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Cycle 7: Vegas Week Group Choreography

J9Cth4I.pngXTctb3o.jpgYr3Bmle.jpgPI4ZAGB.png

The dancers have made it past the initial choreography rounds, and now I'm sure they are pretty tired. But they don't get to go to sleep yet! It's time for the dreaded group choreography round! Time to try and provoke some drama out of these tired contestants and see if anyone cracks under pressure to create their own routine overnight.

For this cycle, we will be having some battles! When it's your turn, you must create two groups of 5 dancers. The rest of the rankers will then vote for one dancer in each group that they want gone. One dancer from each group will be eliminated based on who has the most votes. Your turn will end with you getting assigned two write-ups.

Voting rules: You may switch votes until either: (1) everyone has voted; or (2) one dancer has four votes. If you don't vote for 24 hours without checking in with me in the thread or privately, you forfeit your vote. The randomizer will break any ties.

DANCERS CAN ONLY BE NOMINATED ONCE FOR THE ENTIRE CYCLE. There are 160 dancers left. 33 are immune. By the end of the cycle, 80 different dancers will have been nominated. Therefore, unlike some other cycles, not all dancers will have to be nominated this round. Think carefully about the strategy you want to use for these battles. 

1wDee9D.png

Nomination Order:

1. @sublymonal

2. @Zoey

3. @Elliott

4. @*Diana

5. @*Amanda

6. @.Rei

7. @totes4totes

8. @JC

Andrew is first! The front page is updated, and all bolded dancers are eligible. 

And we won't be waiting on write-ups before moving on this cycle. So I'm just going to post what is missing as we go along. Currently we need:

Elliott photos:

Melody

Jemma

Kameron

Joey

Rei photos:

Caitlynn

Kherington

Megan write-ups:

Niels

Sinerjey

Zoey write-up:

Ricky U.

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 7: Battles)

CwhMlYpGcJMn7bZg=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Niels van den Heuvel

Wow, I am shocked that certain players let Niels go. Not that at this point he doesn't deserve to be eliminated but you know, look at him. Niels was a contestant on NL5 and was originally partnered with Sarah Mancini with whom he would dance three routines before both being eliminated at Top 14. Their top 18 lyrical hip-hop was pretty good and definitely a highlight of theirs but a week 2 Slowfox kind of destined them to be an early elimination, especially when they couldn't follow up with a safe week despite having an Isabelle Beernaert modern. I would have kept Niels and Sarah over Vita and Delano probably. Well at least Sarah over Vita. But it is what it is.

Saving: WHOMSTEVER WAS SAVED

• FrogLenzen changed the title to SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown (Cycle 7 - Andrew's turn)

R.a3d8bf29c14407f18fe43cc3ac1e6bd5?rik=s

Sinerjey Meyfroodt

Pains me to cut Sinerjey but I did try to do it twice and unfortunately let my time run out both times before @FrogLenzen was generous enough to honor my desires with his cut assignment for me. He could have been mean! It was just an unexpectedly a tough set of noms and there were other dancers who I wanted to last a bit longer over Sinerjey. Sinerjey was in NL5 and I believe he was a Golden Ticket holder. I believe the Golden Ticket dancers either skipped straight from auditions or very early rounds of choreo to the Top 20. And Sinerjey deserved it. He and Eliane had a great partnership but they never seemed to connect with the audience which is a shame. But up against Arno in the Top 12 bottom 3, well he should have sailed into that Top 10 easily. If that had happened it may have been as close to a perfect Top 10 you can get.

I'm making sure to get my hopes as high as I possibly can so that the disappointment later hurts more.

Let me make a new fantasy scenario: Twitch, Ariana DeBose, and Lacey as judges, Cat Deeley returning, a full Top 20, back on the original stage as a fun nostalgia throwback gimmick, no more Travis Wall, more past contestants choreographing instead like Nick Y. and Noelle, Jeanine as a guest judge during Vegas Week, Charity Anderson and Diego Pasillas auditioning, actually scratch Diego let's raise the minimum age to 20, international contestants as all stars...

• Like 1

Alright, here we go. My nominations:

Group 1

Will Wingfield

Jason Glover

Jonathan “Legacy” Perez

Youngkwang “Blond” Juong

Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval

Group 2

Lacey Schwimmer 

Denitsa Ikomonova

Katee Sheen

Amanda Cleghorn

Janette Manrara

Group 1

Will Wingfield - JC

Jason Glover

Jonathan “Legacy” Perez

Youngkwang “Blond” Juong

Group 2

Lacey Schwimmer 

Denitsa Ikomonova

Katee Sheen

Amanda Cleghorn

Janette Manrara - JC

Group 1

Will Wingfield - JC 

Jason Glover

Jonathan “Legacy” Perez

Youngkwang “Blond” Juong - Diana 

Group 2

Lacey Schwimmer 

Denitsa Ikomonova - Diana 

Katee Sheen

Amanda Cleghorn

Janette Manrara - JC

Edited by *Diana

giphy.gif
RICKY UBEDA

Ricky Ubeda is the winner of season eleven from the US show. I’ve never been a fan of Ricky and found him to be one of the most underwhelming winners from any franchise. I hated his partnership with Valerie, and hated how the judges pushed them all the way to the top two. Especially when dancers like Tanisha, Rudy, Jessica, Carly and Serge can canned by them. Honestly, I do not remember a single routine by him and I can’t be bothered to relive his journey so this was an easy cut for me. Sorry if anyone has him high in their favourites but he is not the one for me. I think he’s just starred in West Side Story because I saw him in a trailer but Ariana dominated so that makes him forgettable again. 

Group 1

Will Wingfield - JC 

Jason Glover

Jonathan “Legacy” Perez

Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval - Elliott

Group 2

Lacey Schwimmer 

Denitsa Ikomonova - Diana, Elliott

Katee Sheen

Amanda Cleghorn

Janette Manrara - JC

Group 1

Will Wingfield - JC 

Jason Glover

Jonathan “Legacy” Perez

Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval - Elliott, Megan

Group 2

Lacey Schwimmer 

Katee Sheen

Amanda Cleghorn

Janette Manrara - JC, Megan

On 1/23/2022 at 2:44 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Voting rules: You may switch votes until either: (1) everyone has voted; or (2) one dancer has four votes. If you don't vote for 24 hours without checking in with me in the thread or privately, you forfeit your vote. The randomizer will break any ties.

Friendly reminder for the voting rules! I will be enforcing the 24 hour rule if I am online to do it. If I'm not here, then the voting can stay open. But if a dancer gets 4 votes it ends immediately. 

Group 1

Will Wingfield - JC 

Jason Glover

Jonathan “Legacy” Perez

Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval - Elliott, Megan, Rei

Group 2

Lacey Schwimmer 

Katee Sheen

Amanda Cleghorn

Janette Manrara - JC, Megan, Rei